Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Agree. Unsure of your opinion on Strong as a HC.

Either way, he has up three really strong seasons as a HC that he should proud of and will be an advantage for Miami.
He was pretty good with Teddy. His other seasons were ok. I’m excited for the hire.

Advertisement
adorable chasing tail GIF

Advertisement
What did @No_Fly_Zone tell you?

"or even vaguely hint that you are referring to the other,"

I am a man of my word. He's bounced from the thread for hinting at you, and you are bounced for quoting him.

Advertisement
Good lord bro. It must he exhausting being so negative. a year ago we would've loved strong to be our DC, and we get him as a LBs coach? That's a amazing move. We have a staff where if somebody moves on we can promote within. I mean Charlie Strong is a solid DC as well.. Remember these days the players make the coaches the money. we gotta have the horses and this staff will certainly recruit
Steele move one probably could have Addae as CO DC.

I don't know about much about RB coach habits but all these hires match Mario. He tried to hire young versions of himself. All these dudes work out. All these dudes are early risers. All these dudes love recruiting. All these dudes had a high level of success at last stop being coach and/or recruiting.

You right about the negativity. This off-season has basically been a Manny Diaz off-season where the hysteria and hype is actually respected outside of Miami fans. This staff demands respect. Mario has done a **** of a job so far. Now we need to see it on grass.

Advertisement
I care since he is going to be our LB coach. Mario, is by most accounts a great coach. He also was a successful OC. That doesn't make him a great QB coach.
You are not answering my question. What is the significance of a head coach making him an associate hc and lb coach? What bearing does that have on him being a good lb coach?

I could be completely in the wrong here but I just dont see Steele making that move or even wanting to make that move. I know that in the times we now live in that a commitment or even a contract means very little but I dont think Steele reneges on his commitment to Mario. I dont think that Steele wants to go through the headache of building an entire staff from scratch and the pressure and expectations that come from being the Auburn head coach at this point. I could be totally off base but that is what my gut tells me.

However if your scenario does in fact play out then you are correct that Strong would likely get the DC gig. I truly hope that I am right and Steele stays. Things are going so well right now.
It doesn't have to be this year. Auburn will likely fire their coach next year as they've had an exodus of coaches and and players. I see them having a losing record and could come for Steele in 2023 especially if we splash with 10+ wins.

It's just reassuring that we could have our next DC already on staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really the only negative, and it’s a small one comparatively, is that Gattis, Addae, strong, and maybe even Steele will be gone next year.

Happens to bama all the time so shouldn’t be a problem as long as Mario can keep making excellent hires

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back