Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Advertisement
Thank you. Both of those guys were top kids coming out of HS though. Did strong take a lot of diamond in the ruff guys and turn them to elite kids? Did he recruit a bunch of 5 star LBs and got them to the NFL?

I honestly am just asking, because in this thread it seems like everyone is just talking about how great it is we have a multi HC and DC as our LB coach. But that doesn't necessarily make them a good LB coach.

Manny diaz is a multi team DC,multi team HC. But I would not want him anywhere near my LBs.
Did Diaz accomplish anything meaningful as DC? Did Diaz accomplish anything meaningful as a HC?

Now, ask yourself those same questions about Strong, do the research (that's already been provided on thus thread btw),....and you'll have answered your own question

((Cough-Cough))

Once upon a time there was a lot of hyperventilating over the loss of BMac & TRob. Told u guys, those were mere body shots. We’re w/ the big leagues now; we have a different staff, w/ a different mindset. Let go of that PTSD folks; breathe & don’t over react. We have a top 3 AD in CFB, and we have a HC who bleeds our colors, while being a Nat’l Championship player, Asst Coach, & now a proven P5 coach, coming from two grade-A infrastructures.

We big different; let’s ride.
Let’s ride. These are the exact type of responses you want to see and we may have never been in this position before to take an L of a coach or recruit and then be able to equalize it or level up.

Lose TRob to Bama - L, poach Addae from Georgia - back on track

Lose BMac - poach Gattis and bring in Ponce OC/WR/QB — wait what?

Mario + Rad + the financial commitment and the specific commitments required to get Mario…Exciting stuff.

Now who’s ready to argue over 30 second clips of Mallory doing drills?!?! Let’s ******* go!

Advertisement
Let me ease ur mind bro;

1. Diaz ain’t never been multi team HC, unless u consider his 3 min stay at Temple. Lol.

2. Diaz’s resume doesn’t come close to Strong’s in anyway.

This ain’t a Diaz situation; he failed as a UT HC, but his credentials r solid as a positional coach, analyst, coordinator, or recruiter on D.
Then have to remember....how did he get the Texas HC job? Sure wasn't how Diaz got the UM job, that's for dang sure.

Strong had Louisville ROLLING...had just beaten UF in a NY6 bowl game, Sugar Bowl I think iirc....remember that game well from the shot TeddyB took from that UF LB lol

Advertisement
Lol how random was that one year gig as Ole **** WR coach? I laughed when I saw that.
It is interesting from one angle. 1990 was Spurrier’s first season as the UiF HC. So he did not initially retain Strong but quickly brought him back the following year. Well respected.

It is interesting from one angle. 1990 was Spurrier’s first season as the UiF HC. So he did not initially retain Strong but quickly brought him back the following year. Well respected.
Thanks good info, and another stamp of approval for him from a (unfortunately being a gaytor) great coach. That one random year on offense definitely stuck out when scanning through it like wtf was this all about?

You seem to know a lot about Strong, so I will ask you. How was he at coaching up the LBs at Jacksonville last year? Or any other stop where he was the LB coach? I really only remember him for his HC and DC career.
Jacksonville was abomination head to toe I b wouldn't put any stock on that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just woke up to this and the news about ‘Zo….

B8A28098-D5A3-4CF8-B0A3-53A7E3F7B66A.gif

Mario is actually doing it.....he's taking back south florida.....i hope Alabama Georgia and Ohio State understand what this means....the landscape of the college football world has been turned on its head....People say college football is better when Miami is good....what they gon say when Miami is great and dominating again.....

Advertisement
Back