Charlie Miller- looks like we're scouting

Advertisement
Jesus Christ. Why doesn't he have an offer?

Does he have a degenerative knee condition or something?

Smh...he should have had an offer before now

Even though Ive been cheer leading for UM coaches to give Charlie Miller a close look, I think its fair to point out that he is a first year football player who was a basketball only kid prior to this season. So the UM coaches would not have had this kid on their radar prior to mid October. I think the coaches as on a solid timeline with CM Miller. Now that his video and measurables are going around, he's getting a lot of attention. I guess my point is that I cannot fault UM coaches for not being on him earlier, but from this point forth, we'll see.

* 5-11
* 185 lbs
* legit 4.4 speed
* supposedly a 3.6 GPA kid.
* starting point guard on the basketball team
* good production against Florida 8A competition

FWIW

Advertisement
Him being a basketball player means he's probably very skilled and good coordination

Judging by those numbers he's worth a flyer when your taking a big class. Kid's an obvious athlete, bring him and fit him in somewhere.

Judging by those numbers he's worth a flyer when your taking a big class. Kid's an obvious athlete, bring him and fit him in somewhere.

That's sorta why Ive been cheerleading for him online. Everyone seemed so high on Stefon Diggs (WR from Maryland), but Ive seen Diggs play twice online against the two best teams on their schedule and the kid did nothing. Sure he lit it up against the other skools but not the two big boys.

Charlie Miller is the same height & weight as Diggs, has the same speed and is more raw, being in his first year. And he performed against better comp (Florida - 8A). I'd rather gamble on a kid from Vero with known toughness over a kid from mary land. And according to Mik21, this kid is dreaming of a UM offer. Brownie point in the SFbay book.

This kid was very impressive on film: He seems to have that second gear, even with that bum knee. He has great hands and made some outstanding catches. Out of all our WR's coming in, I like this kids film over everyone's but Malcolm Lewis (who I think is gonna be a beast here). Like a poster said earlier, he runs like Gale Sayers in the open field. Good god Golden, offer him now!!!!!

Advertisement

That's sorta why Ive been cheerleading for him online. Everyone seemed so high on Stefon Diggs (WR from Maryland), but Ive seen Diggs play twice online against the two best teams on their schedule and the kid did nothing. Sure he lit it up against the other skools but not the two big boys.

Charlie Miller is the same height & weight as Diggs, has the same speed and is more raw, being in his first year. And he performed against better comp (Florida - 8A). I'd rather gamble on a kid from Vero with known toughness over a kid from mary land. And according to Mik21, this kid is dreaming of a UM offer. Brownie point in the SFbay book.

Well said. I gotta tell you, that highlight reel is impressive. It's hard to fathom that is a kid battling a knee injury, playing his first year of organized football...I would love to see him get a spot in the class.

I've never seen this young man play, and for all I know he may well be a good one down the road. What I do know is, UM needs FOOTBALL players, not athletes.....

Advertisement

And that's just it, he's local, raw, and has room to grow. Love that he plays basketball because it usually translates into an explosive jumper and with speed to burn he's a kid that could turn into a real steal in this class. If we were only taking 20-25 kids I would probably pass, but with this large a class you take a chance that he pans out.

Advertisement
Back