Charles Power insight on Jalen Rivers

There really should be zero reason we start a true freshman at LT in his first game ever. Or have we already forgotten the lessons of the Zion Nelson experiment?

Ridiculous to compare a nobody who weighed 240 lbs when he arrived on campus to a blue chip AA.

Advertisement
Ridiculous to compare a nobody who weighed 240 lbs when he arrived on campus to a blue chip AA.
You're right. Starting a true freshman in his first game is super smart. If only we knew as much football as you do.

I would start Rivers over Nelson. Get Rivers the reps this year to be ready for Bama next year.

Advertisement
Rivers at RG and Walker at RT, to me that's their best positions at the next level.
I don't know about that Rivers looked like the best tackle in the game at the under armour game. If you look at this past NFL draft there were some big dudes that are true tackles. Hes not a navaughn Donaldson, he actually carries his weight well.

Kid needs a shirt like walker... let them start the last 3 games and bowl game to get ready for next year and bama

but most of the year needs to be spent working on their bodies (strength) and getting super comfortable with their assignments

nothing is worse than seeing a dude out there completely overthinking things like Zion did which makes you look that much worse on top of lacking strengthb

Good luck building a program when you have to start true freshmen tackles every year.
Not sure anyone thinks we should do it every year. I remember when we started young players on the line in the late 90s. It helped us a lot by the time 2000 came around.

Advertisement
Back