Charles Perry will play early

I see him in the middle. Gets to be a big boy. First think I look for in a LB is how they move at the snap. He moves to the ball instinctively. Going to be a great one here.

Advertisement
I know many hate Golden and No-D (and I have no love for the no d man)
but, the speed of the defense, with the monster anchors inside
is starting to reflect the JJ, Erickson days

I know, I know
don't compare those coaches, and trust me - I am not
just saying that the recruit a LB, make him a DE
recruit a safety, make him an LB
it's a formula that has worked for us in southern Florida, and it will work again

Problem is that makes a fast small defense and need real bears at DTs. Al likes them bigger and the 3-4 requires big LBS and a true NT(really rare human). I agree with you completely and that was the secret to our success. We would still need a couple old school DTs which we have not had since, well since Big Daddy actually. We have a QB now but DTs still missing. Today though, Al seems more inclined move DE's back to LB. He has been obsessed with size. So is Saban but with more success because of how he uses it.

Advertisement
That's gonna be one fast linebacking corp. with him and grace. Combine that with Jackson and Thomas at DE.

Darrion Owens is a very fast kid also. He might be the second fastest LB behind Grace. Also look for Trayone Gray to make a move to LB in the spring bring more speed and athleticism to the position.

Please don't buy into ******** up Chocolates career because he big enough to play LB. Bet Bama wouldn't consider Derrick Henry at LB nor LSU Fournette. If you need LB'ers get your *** out there and recruit LB'ers!

Random thought, and I wanted to get people's feedback (reviving this thread seemed a better option than just starting another):

When I watch Charles Perry, I get the feeling that I'm watching either Jon Beason or DJ Williams. They have similar skill sets, and body types. I like to think that offensive and defensive positions have somewhat of a mirror counterpart, but I'll leave the philosophical stuff out for now. All three have played running back in high school, all three roughly stand 6'1.

On both sides of the ball, you see all three guys having excellent pad level and acceleration; they have fluid hips; they have great lateral movement; they all make explosive contact; they all seem exceptionally coordinated when performing skilled tasks; and they all can run. Body-wise, I think Perry is more similar to Beason. Beason needed to really work on his body for a couple years before becoming the dominant force that he was. DJ was just a freak. His lower body was fully developed at birth. I hope that's a fair comparison. Let me know what you guys think.

He plays a lot like Perryman, seriously looks identical. Perryman was also and OLB for a few years but was basically forced into the MLB roll, with Shaq coming in this kid will never have to do that so he will take the roll and thrive in it imo

Advertisement
He plays a lot like Perryman, seriously looks identical. Perryman was also and OLB for a few years but was basically forced into the MLB roll, with Shaq coming in this kid will never have to do that so he will take the roll and thrive in it imo

Forced into being the #1 MLB in the country according to many. That's gotta suck for Perryman.

Forced into being the #1 MLB in the country according to many. That's gotta suck for Perryman.

Never meant it like that.. just he played 3 years at another position and with the suspension of the 2 lb he had no choice. We all knew he would be one of the best no matter what lb spot he was at

Random thought, and I wanted to get people's feedback (reviving this thread seemed a better option than just starting another):

When I watch Charles Perry, I get the feeling that I'm watching either Jon Beason or DJ Williams. They have similar skill sets, and body types. I like to think that offensive and defensive positions have somewhat of a mirror counterpart, but I'll leave the philosophical stuff out for now. All three have played running back in high school, all three roughly stand 6'1.

On both sides of the ball, you see all three guys having excellent pad level and acceleration; they have fluid hips; they have great lateral movement; they all make explosive contact; they all seem exceptionally coordinated when performing skilled tasks; and they all can run. Body-wise, I think Perry is more similar to Beason. Beason needed to really work on his body for a couple years before becoming the dominant force that he was. DJ was just a freak. His lower body was fully developed at birth. I hope that's a fair comparison. Let me know what you guys think.

Body-wise, he reminds me more of Rocky McIntosh. DJ and Beason were stockier guys, tightly wound. Perry is rangier and has a different running style.

Ironically, McIntosh also played some RB in high school.

Check out Perry's just-released senior highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1716044/highlights/214558392

Advertisement

Body-wise, he reminds me more of Rocky McIntosh. DJ and Beason were stockier guys, tightly wound. Perry is rangier and has a different running style.

Ironically, McIntosh also played some RB in high school.

Check out Perry's just-released senior highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1716044/highlights/214558392

Correct me if I'm wrong but DJ was one **** of an RB and LB coming out of CA right? I think that really helps and shows their athletic ability. Either way, I think Perry is going to be a stud here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._J._Williams_(linebacker)

I know it's Wikipedia but it's the best I could do on a quick 1 min search. Over 1,900 yds rushing and broke the school record for offensive TD's. Pretty good.

He doesnt remind of Beason.

Beason was a ball of muscle when we were kids in middle school playing bball @ Pines Middle School.

I like the Rocky Mcintosh compariosn because he is a wiry kid....different kind of frame.

Perry is a kid i REALLY REALLY like..because i realluy liked Mcintosh's game here...he was unheralded but could really play an run like the wind....

Beason and Perryman were more similar...those tight wound guys..that are short twitch and explosive...

I know the coaching sucks, but u can't help but feel the defense the next couple years will continue to improve

Advertisement
I know the coaching sucks, but u can't help but feel the defense the next couple years will continue to improve

Talent should go up, but the result unless the DEF changes wont. I think that is where we will have trouble getting guys. They will start seeing more and more talent coming and not being used and change where they play. We will go from being thier 1st choice to, I will come if I can play early because I sit 2 years at UF or FSU. I dont like it but I sadly see it going this way.

Advertisement
Back