DT Kamalu - Jenkins - Moten
DT Heurtelou - Wyche - Moore
DE Thomas - Hamilton - McIntosh

SLB McCord - Owens - McCray
MLB Kirby - Young - Smith
WLB Grace - Gayot - Perry

CB Burns/Elder/Howard/Crawford/Mayes/Jackson
S Bush/Carter/Crawford/Jenkins/Johnson/Knowles

McCord needs to play with his paw down. He gets absolutely lost at times at the Jack position. In the old days, Chad Thomas would be asked to put on 20 to 25 pounds and play 3-technique tackle. He'd be absolutely dominating there. I think Jenkins would be surprisingly good as a 3-technique tackle. He's got a very quick first and second step.

Oh No..................on Chad. That happens ONLY if that is what it takes to get him on the field, like Sapp switching from TE to DT. Kid has the goods at DE.

This. Chad Thomas is basically a prototype Miami 4-3 DE right now. If he naturally started getting huge in the offseason, you might make him a 3-technique DT instead of asking him to lose the weight, but trying to change what he is now on purpose would be crazy.

It's got the body type that will naturally grow into a bigger guy. He's a legit 6'5''. I bet you he is over 270 pounds right now.

4-3.... 3-4..... sorry but who gives a ****.

When you can't even do the fundamental things right, none of that matters.

I have a very simple way of judging a defense, and it doesn't have anything to do with scheme. First and most importantly.... does the first defender to the ball make the tackle? In Miami's case, the answer is NO. Our tackling has been horrendous since Golden got here. The first guy to the ball carrier NEVER brings him down. It's always the second or third guy and that's a sign of a soft and poorly coached defense.

The second thing I look at is does the defensive line win at the point of attack. The answer in Miami's case is **** NO. Now when you got Chad Thomas, AQM, and Tyriq McCord on your defensive line, that had BETTER change. And the coaches need to find a way to get all three on the field at the same time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
3rd down 4 man front i can see AQM, Kamalu, Chad, McCord with a blitz from Grace or Mike Smith
Every team pretty much does that. Why the **** does it matter if we can't get to 3rd down? Teams can throw on 1st and 2nd....which they have been doing to us and having LBs and DEs covering slot WR. They need to get rid of the 3-4.....period, or play the real version, not the AL Groh watered down **** that got him fired from GT. Whom by the way just won 11 games 2 years after canning his a$$

That's one of the changes. Heard it here first.

They got away from the one-gap over four years ago, and it's just now sinking in how stupid they've been?

Man, they gotta go.

In another year or two, maybe they'll abandon fifteen wide receiver screens in a single game.

Advertisement
I don't know what to believe anymore. After reading the "alumni" article that was posted on here from the Sun Sentinel, I wouldn't doubt it if he just threw that defense out there for the Spring game so the ol' school guys like Sapp, Bennie, TBain, etc wouldn't get in his a$$ about the 3-4 two gap.

You know a guy like Sapp will have no issue callin' him out on the sidelines in front of everyone. I swear I haven't seen the front 7 that aggressive in awhile.

Advertisement
Back