DE Thomas - Hamilton - McIntosh

SLB McCord - Owens - McCray
MLB Kirby - Young - Smith
WLB Grace - Gayot - Perry

CB Burns/Elder/Howard/Crawford/Mayes/Jackson
S Bush/Carter/Crawford/Jenkins/Johnson/Knowles

Not Necessarily.

Deck chairs on the Titanic.

I'm sure this is all bull**** though. But if it's true the only reason it would be is so they can use it as another excuse for frequent defensive rapings. "Joe it starts with me, I've said that all along, but we've been recruiting guys for a 3-4 defense for three years, so we're going to need four or five more years to get the right guys to run this 4-3. Mark has been working his tail off and we're going to get it fixed."
So much truth in this post.

/thread

Advertisement
If Al was going to change HIS scheme on defense he would have to hire someone who has had years of experience at a different concept, if not he will try to use the excuse of " it's a new scheme" with no real changes on the coaching front, bottom line should be all that matters after this year, playoffs or the **** ain't working, pound sand out of Miami and get someone in here to do this right!

His BS has never really worked with the HS kids in southFla and every year he gets played for a better offer from another school.

"We want to be a 3-4 because a 3-4 lets you get more speed at linebacker, get in and out of over and under fronts. It allows you to play with four down or go to an odd front, allows you to have speed, allows you to attack more. Interceptions are up, takeaways are up, sacks are up. All that's up, but it's not good enough. So we have to continue to build it."

-Al Golden, 1 month ago.

“We probably play 80 percent 4-3...I'm very committed to it (3-4), if anybody would play regular people against us. But we're playing against so much three and four wideouts all the time, we're in nickel or dime. That's where the 3-4 defense is not really our base defense."

-Nick Saban

Hint, hint.......was that LB really supposed to cover that WR?

Last edited:
4-3

DE AQM - Harris - Jackson
DT Kamalu - Jenkins - Moten
DT Heurtelou - Wyche - Moore

Smith is a MLB now wtf?

Advertisement
All they have to do is play man to man the majority of the time and be ****ing aggressive and we will be fine. It's really not that hard but somehow this coaching staff can't figure that out.

We need to be faster at corner to play consistent man-to-man with faster safeties. I'd like to us get to the point where we run a lot of Cvr25 similar to TCU. We need to get back to recruiting faster, but smaller defensive backs from South Florida. There are a lot of 3-start kids who fit the bill that would love to come to Miami.

Last edited:
4-3

McCord needs to play with his paw down. He gets absolutely lost at times at the Jack position. In the old days, Chad Thomas would be asked to put on 20 to 25 pounds and play 3-technique tackle. He'd be absolutely dominating there. I think Jenkins would be surprisingly good as a 3-technique tackle. He's got a very quick first and second step.

4-3

McCord needs to play with his paw down. He gets absolutely lost at times at the Jack position. In the old days, Chad Thomas would be asked to put on 20 to 25 pounds and play 3-technique tackle. He'd be absolutely dominating there. I think Jenkins would be surprisingly good as a 3-technique tackle. He's got a very quick first and second step.

Oh No..................on Chad. That happens ONLY if that is what it takes to get him on the field, like Sapp switching from TE to DT. Kid has the goods at DE.

4-3

Oh No..................on Chad. That happens ONLY if that is what it takes to get him on the field, like Sapp switching from TE to DT. Kid has the goods at DE.

This. Chad Thomas is basically a prototype Miami 4-3 DE right now. If he naturally started getting huge in the offseason, you might make him a 3-technique DT instead of asking him to lose the weight, but trying to change what he is now on purpose would be crazy.

Advertisement
doesn't everyone remember golden's 4-3 in 2012? it was terrible to say the least. one of the worst if not the worst defense Miami has ever fielded. This guy does not know how to coach a 4-3 defense. and dallas isn't a great place to learn how to run it either

doesn't everyone remember golden's 4-3 in 2012? it was terrible to say the least. one of the worst if not the worst defense Miami has ever fielded. This guy does not know how to coach a 4-3 defense. and dallas isn't a great place to learn how to run it either

He doesn't know how to coach a 3-4 defense, either. At least if the base defense goes to a 4-3, the change to a new coaching staff will be less disruptive.

"We want to be a 3-4 because a 3-4 lets you get more speed at linebacker, get in and out of over and under fronts. It allows you to play with four down or go to an odd front, allows you to have speed, allows you to attack more. Interceptions are up, takeaways are up, sacks are up. All that's up, but it's not good enough. So we have to continue to build it."

-Al Golden, 1 month ago.

Assuming he said this, his logic is laughable BC he's done the opposite (add speed to the LB). He's taken speedy edge rusher types and fattened them up and taken their speed away.

Advertisement
With these DTs? LOL.

They would actually would play better.

I doubt it. He's been signing space eaters, not penetrators.

**** I don't know if these changes are real (HOPEFULLY THEY ARE!) or how theses guys will do, if they are real. But, I do know this, most if not all these guy's were perpetrators in HS. That's all, MOST, DT's/NT's do in HS! So, at least they won't be blind to the concept. But, most importantly, all one needs to do is search all the posers complaining that "he's signing are perpetrators not space eaters!" Get your crap right, posers! Of all the posts that exposes all the halfassu and gator posers on this forum, this is it!

-Al Golden, 1 month ago.

Assuming he said this, his logic is laughable BC he's done the opposite (add speed to the LB). He's taken speedy edge rusher types and fattened them up and taken their speed away.

Yeah! He took a worthless outside "Chick" and fattened him up, moved him inside and hoped he could compete there. Couldn't! Still worthless!

Advertisement
Back