Change of focus

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
Since it was basically set in stone that fat Al will be back on the sideline in 2015, I think it's time as fans to change our focus. Obviously we can't lay off of the board and admin, but we can't just keep saying "fire Al Golden". I can promise you it won't happen between now and September. So we have to start to set the bar for what we expect in 2015 from this team, and Al either needs to make it happen or get out. Now, I still believe in boycotting everything, not buying tickets, and all that. Make it as hard on him as possible to meet the expectations that we want.

Going into 2014 my expectations were 9-10 wins, then in 2015 10-11 wins. Obviously that didn't happen in 2014, but that shouldn't change my opinion on 2015. It doesn't work like that and we can't allow those in charge to think that just because we won 6 this year that 8 next year is "progress". To me, the bar is still 10-11 wins and it's Al's 5th year and it's time he needs a big win to justify his job. We better beat FSU, I think 0-5 vs your biggest rival is plenty enough to get fired, and then we also have Clemson next year. I'd like to see us beat both, but at least one of them, and on top of that not losing to any below average teams such as UVA and Pitt.

All this is just to hopefully prevent Al from lucking into 8 wins and still keeping his job and claiming it's "progress". Our schedule sets up like it did in 2013 and he could luck into a hot 5-0 or 6-0 start and then finish cold again. I hope that even if we are 6-0 and end up 9-3 that a 3-3 or possibly 3-4 finish is enough to can his ***.

As fans we need to set the bar to what we expect. We know what kind of talent this team has, and most of us are aware of what other teams have and who we should and should not beat. The board is only aware of Miami, and they think we have been suffering the last 4 years when we know outside it hasn't been nearly as bad. Keep the boycott going and set the bar and make sure they understand what we want, IMO 10-11 wins is 100% realistic with our talent, now if Al is a real coach, which he has proved to me that he is not, but if he was that's what I'd expect. Don't let them think 8 wins is enough to save his ***. We deserve more.

EDIT: I guess I couldn't put it into words good enough to what I meant. I'm not supporting Golden, I'm total opposite. I'm just saying that the emails, banners, etc aren't working and simply saying "fire Golden" hasn't worked and it wont work from now until september. All we can do now is set the bar where we see it and not let him bull**** his way to 8 wins and make it seem acceptable. In his mind this program needed a full rebuild and he keeps pushing the date back from 2014 to 2016 now. When we could have won 10 games this year! Set the bar high enough to where he either wins or gtfo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Since it was basically set in stone that fat Al will be back on the sideline in 2015, I think it's time as fans to change our focus. Obviously we can't lay off of the board and admin, but we can't just keep saying "fire Al Golden". I can promise you it won't happen between now and September. So we have to start to set the bar for what we expect in 2015 from this team, and Al either needs to make it happen or get out. Now, I still believe in boycotting everything, not buying tickets, and all that. Make it as hard on him as possible to meet the expectations that we want.

Going into 2014 my expectations were 9-10 wins, then in 2015 10-11 wins. Obviously that didn't happen in 2014, but that shouldn't change my opinion on 2015. It doesn't work like that and we can't allow those in charge to think that just because we won 6 this year that 8 next year is "progress". To me, the bar is still 10-11 wins and it's Al's 5th year and it's time he needs a big win to justify his job. We better beat FSU, I think 0-5 vs your biggest rival is plenty enough to get fired, and then we also have Clemson next year. I'd like to see us beat both, but at least one of them, and on top of that not losing to any below average teams such as UVA and Pitt.

All this is just to hopefully prevent Al from lucking into 8 wins and still keeping his job and claiming it's "progress". Our schedule sets up like it did in 2013 and he could luck into a hot 5-0 or 6-0 start and then finish cold again. I hope that even if we are 6-0 and end up 9-3 that a 3-3 or possibly 3-4 finish is enough to can his ***.

As fans we need to set the bar to what we expect. We know what kind of talent this team has, and most of us are aware of what other teams have and who we should and should not beat. The board is only aware of Miami, and they think we have been suffering the last 4 years when we know outside it hasn't been nearly as bad. Keep the boycott going and set the bar and make sure they understand what we want, IMO 10-11 wins is 100% realistic with our talent, now if Al is a real coach, which he has proved to me that he is not, but if he was that's what I'd expect. Don't let them think 8 wins is enough to save his ***. We deserve more.

I think a lot depends on what I just posted ... Has Golden lost the team? If he has, I don't see how we win 5 games next year.

With all due respect, fck you. Quit trying to engineer what people should talk about. I'm going to hammer Folden until he's gone, and then I'll keep hammering him more.

I think everyone needs to relax and let the process play out. Worrying about something we cant cure is like cancer. Let's not give Al another excuse. The last thing we need to say is the fans are the reason why the players are not developing.

Advertisement
It all over guys. Failure in charge is setting the ground work for more fail in 15 and saying 16 is what its all about. Year 5, excuses and moving goal posts.

I suggest you find something else to do next fall. Canes football as we all knew it is dead.

With all due respect, fck you. Quit trying to engineer what people should talk about. I'm going to hammer Folden until he's gone, and then I'll keep hammering him more.

You sir are a dumb *** fan, and part of the problem. All you are doing is wasting energy, and your time. Clearly if bad mouthing a coach, or flying a banner, or posting a billboard could get him fired; he would be gone. Nothing you do will get him fired this year. If you really love the program (1) buy season tickets (2) cheer for your team, and (3) STFU. If not become a FIU fan.

HAMMERING GOLDEN WONT DO ANYTHING AS OF RIGHT NOW!

I seriously thought all the emails, banners, phone calls, and all that was going to work yet it hasn't. We need to let the admin know what we expect if they want to avoid more banners, phone calls, boycotting, and just all this same stuff will happen again next year. I don't think they know where the bar is set for fans. 10-11 wins is 100% reasonable for a guy in his 5th year that claimed we would be back to the top by 2016.. anything less than that.. no

You sir are a dumb *** fan, and part of the problem. All you are doing is wasting energy, and your time. Clearly if bad mouthing a coach, or flying a banner, or posting a billboard could get him fired; he would be gone. Nothing you do will get him fired this year. If you really love the program (1) buy season tickets (2) cheer for your team, and (3) STFU. If not become a FIU fan.

Why would you buy season tickets and support the message that mediocrity is ok?

Advertisement

Why would you buy season tickets and support the message that mediocrity is ok?

Ya I don't agree with that. If you love the program you do what's best and that being said, if I know Butch is sitting there begging to come back, Al Golden is not best for the program. Which is why we set the bar high where we know he will fail.

If you're a fan, you'll undermine the program now? Wtf???

Being a fan is getting enjoyment out of something, I don't enjoy watching a team that I love get their *** kicked week after week.. you can be a blind "program supporter" all you want but that's different than a fan.

Advertisement
I'm not changing my focus until Golden starts changing the way he runs things. Which will be never until he is gone. RIP Miami :(

LOL. Yes, please let's continue to support Fat Al, while Jimbo had 3, yes 3, 5 stars players early enroll today. That's not even counting the 4 stars. Go Al, you're the man and these kids really want to play for you. :ambivalence: (The last sentence is sarcasm if it slipped by you)

Last edited:

Being a fan is getting enjoyment out of something, I don't enjoy watching a team that I love get their *** kicked week after week.. you can be a blind "program supporter" all you want but that's different than a fan.

Well stop watching until we are good again. You are suppose to cheer for you team no matter what.

Advertisement
LOL. Yes, please let's continue to support Fat Al, while Jimbo had 3, yes 3, 5 stars players early enroll today. That's not even counting the 4 stars. Go Al, you're the man and these kids really want to play for you. :ambivalence:

I'm on the total opposite end of supporting him. I'm saying set the bar to where we really should be and then we get 8-4 and that would be enough to fire him. Vs the board who thinks that just because we are 6-7 this year that 8-4 is good next year. It's not and they don't realize it

Man imagine what the situation would be like if they didn't badmouth the coach, fly banners, and post up a billboard? No pressure, no reason for this this incompetent administration to do anything. The fans keeping up this fight is the only reason we have any hope.

Well stop watching until we are good again. You are suppose to cheer for you team no matter what.

I do cheer for them, but I'm aware of what is going to happen. Golden can't coach a girls kick ball team. I won't buy anything Miami first hand, or buy a ticket. The school made the mistake of hiring this guy and they can pay for it without my help through tickets, apparel, or whatever

Advertisement
Back