Chaney should be #1

Don’t matter what oline you got if you run zone into the same gap 30 times a game and no other running plays. When they are tired a bit is the only time we get some runs.
If your oline can handle a zone blocking scheme I **** sure would ask them to move laterally too often..allah Dan enos

Advertisement
Hey Coach I agree with a lot of what you said but let’s try Chaney with the load. Cam is good but his runs came early in the year too. Let’s see what the young studs can do.

Where is all this shiggity coming from, about Cam being dead. You can praise both Chaney and Knighton without haranguing Cam. My goodness the putrid squalor on this Board!!
When your starting jr RB is solid but you have 2 blue chip Freshman backs who are playing just as good, if not better the majority would rather see more of the freshman

Advertisement
Cam should still start.....if he's not producing early Chaney should get more touches...Cam needs to stand firm all that pouting isn't going to get him anywhere...I think he fail to realize his weak effort is easy to see...he looks like a big soft paper back with no vision...hope he looks at film to see why teams are able to shut him down ....I know our OL isn't very good but the good ones find a way to make something happen....

When your starting jr RB is solid but you have 2 blue chip Freshman backs who are playing just as good, if not better the majority would rather see more of the freshman
of course, it's called human nature. And as any mature thinking person would know, wanting the next "Shinny Thing" does not make it right. It reminds of little kids on Christmas that favor playing with the "purchased box" than the actual toy.

Advertisement
But have we tried the wildcat zone read, then having D’Eriq motion into the backfield, and we can the Rb can give/hand off the ball or toss to King in the backfield where he can pass the ball.

We can get creative here! Lol

Our backs ain’t done crap because venebles did the scouting work for all of our opponents and laid the blueprint to destroy this offense. We sang the praises of the line and the backs and then all of a sudden we play Clemson and Pitt and we suck again

In my opinion, the order should go...
RB1: Don Chaney
RB2: Jaylan Knighton
RB3: Robert Burns
RB4: Cam Harris

Cam would be a good back if we had Wisconsin or UGA O-Line, but since we don’t... we need shifty power backs who knows the right hole to hit. Cam runs are slow developing cause he’s waiting on his blocks to open holes. I’ve never been a fan of Cam cause even in HS he struggled to gain yards. Robert Burns actually is better back. He runs harder and looks faster. Knighton is smooth and great for out of the back receiver. Chaney is a perfect combination of the two.

Advertisement
Many on this board thought Lingard was the best back last year or should have played over Cam.

I think the current rotation of backs makes sense. Plenty of carries to go around, the problem is blocking and how predictable some plays are getting. The last thing we need is giving a back way too touches a game and him getting injured. All 4 backs today get burn, if one gets hurt a walk-on is now in the rotation keeping the other ones fresh.

Chaney won't start over Cam because Cam is older (Miami coach logic).

Just hope they don't put an "or" next to Chaney's name or have an "open tryout" during the week because then he'll get 3 snaps or maybe not even play at all.
But when I say it, everyone comes at me. Miami staff rather play the more experienced than the more talented ones. McCloud, Wiggins, Harris, Ford, and Ivey getting all those snaps is proof to that.

If Jerry springer had a show this would be it. LMAOOO LOOK its not the running backs at all. Its the OLINE NOT GETTING ANY PUSH. We getting handled by a dline and linebackers that aren't really that good. Imagine if we get that push like we did the first few games, we would be killing people and then the passing game will open up.
I tell you what one thing we need to focus on for next yr is olineman, wide receiver, and DB's. These positions are hurting us for sure but it takes time.
Remember when we would say Clemson is going to Clemson it up? Well guess what, it took them sometime to get it together and come back now we got to not Cane it up and take care of business on and off the field with winning and recruiting.

Advertisement
Love how the temperature changes on here every week. LOL

Now Chaney should be RB1, like we completely forgot about the monster games Cam had.

NONE of our RB's have done **** lately. There's no room to run.
They ALL looked good earlier in the year because (A) we played trash opponents and (B) people were still figuring out our offense

Everything that's been mentioned in this thread has already been tried.
We tired screen plays to the RB's. They get snuffed out cause our O-line can't block in space.

We tried getting Rooster involved in jet sweeps and swing pass/screens. He gets obliterated almost every time because we can't block on the perimeter. We ran one versus Virginia and he got tagged by 2 UVA defenders at the same time.
So all we have to do is replace about 55% of our offensive starters with some actual players and we're good to go

Last edited:
I said in another thread, Cam seems hesitant in his decision making and seems to want to bounce it outside too often.

I think the best cure is a more pass heavy offense. UVA on 1st and 2nd was stacking the box with 8 or 9 each time, and often in zero coverage. We NEED to exploit that.

Love how the temperature changes on here every week. LOL

Now Chaney should be RB1, like we completely forgot about the monster games Cam had.

NONE of our RB's have done **** lately. There's no room to run.
They ALL looked good earlier in the year because (A) we played trash opponents and (B) people were still figuring out our offense

Everything that's been mentioned in this thread has already been tried.
We tired screen plays to the RB's. They get snuffed out cause our O-line can't block in space.

We tried getting Rooster involved in jet sweeps and swing pass/screens. He gets obliterated almost every time because we can't block on the perimeter. We ran one versus Virginia and he got tagged by 2 UVA defenders at the same time.
i would agree with that until i saw the virginia game. Cam got benched and it was deserved. Chaney and Knighton came into that game and found creases to run. 8 carries for 8 yards aint good enough. cam gotta step it up

Advertisement
Back