Chaney should be #1

Advertisement
Advertisement
Running a 185 pound back on inside zones into the teeth of the defense when they are run blitzing the A gaps doesn’t really fit his style, lol.
Also a good point. I’d like to see Lashlee get him going more in the pass game. When was the last time we ran a designed runningback screen? That was the only thing Enos did that I liked, lol.

I wouldn't mind him being rb1. The kid is a beast he has to be around 220lbs he just needs to work on his vision.

obviously happy to see the young guys getting some burn but it's clear that the problem is the OL so it's weird to see them going away from Cam who has proven to be a great back

Advertisement
Really like how hard Chaney runs, pretty good vision too. Could be featured with Cam's issues. Knighton's explosive - see him more as a change of pace, potentially Reggie Bush type. Get him in space: pitch, stretch, screen, swing-pass, motion from backfield to slot or out wide. Did use him out of the slot on a reverse/fly-sweep v Pitt. Why not build on that by sending him out on a pattern. Maybe he can get seperation.

Both Chaney and Rooster hit the whole hard And Cam is kind of tiptoeing I don’t know if he’s injured

Advertisement
Chaney won't start over Cam because Cam is older (Miami coach logic).

Just hope they don't put an "or" next to Chaney's name or have an "open tryout" during the week because then he'll get 3 snaps or maybe not even play at all.

Where is all this shiggity coming from, about Cam being dead. You can praise both Chaney and Knighton without haranguing Cam. My goodness the putrid squalor on this Board!!
Cam reportedly had an argument with Hickson last night and was benched afterward. Also tweeted something about needing to overcome being disrespected 3 weeks in a row.

Advertisement
Love how the temperature changes on here every week. LOL

Now Chaney should be RB1, like we completely forgot about the monster games Cam had.

NONE of our RB's have done **** lately. There's no room to run.
They ALL looked good earlier in the year because (A) we played trash opponents and (B) people were still figuring out our offense

Everything that's been mentioned in this thread has already been tried.
We tired screen plays to the RB's. They get snuffed out cause our O-line can't block in space.

We tried getting Rooster involved in jet sweeps and swing pass/screens. He gets obliterated almost every time because we can't block on the perimeter. We ran one versus Virginia and he got tagged by 2 UVA defenders at the same time.

It's hard to run when the defense is obliterating the A gaps every down timing the snap count almost every play knowing full well we don't have a different run play in our ****nal. Chaney had the best vision vs UVA and hit the holes hard, but every week it feels like it's someone else who sees the field a little better than the others. Not that it benefits them much with our blocking blended with the defenses we have been facing

Theres something about the way Chaney runs. It’s like he’s gliding while never losing power and speed.

Absolutely love this kid. I rarely if ever throw out comparisons, but man he reminds me of a young Frank Gore

Same rzn cam ain’t been doing ****..this oline is still booty cheeks in pads
Don’t matter what oline you got if you run zone into the same gap 30 times a game and no other running plays. When they are tired a bit is the only time we get some runs.

Advertisement
Back