Chaney Commits

So I guess Belen is one of the big Catholic schools in Dade. Since we've recruited so few from there I guess I don't know much about it. I left South Florida in '63 I don't think Belen existed. The well-known Catholic schools were Columbus and Curley, the latter now closed. Where is it?

EDIT: Read the history. It reopened in 1961 in Miami after being shut down in Cuba by Castro. I never heard of it before I moved away in '63. Interesting that one Catholic school has grown so much while Curley declined and had to merge, essentially disappearing iniami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So I guess Belen is one of the big Catholic schools in Dade. Since we've recruited so few from there I guess I don't know much about it. I left South Florida in '63 I don't think Belen existed. The well-known Catholic schools were Columbus and Curley, the latter now closed. Where is it?

EDIT: Read the history. It reopened in 1961 in Miami after being shut down in Cuba by Castro. I never heard of it before I moved away in '63. Interesting that one Catholic school has grown so much while Curley declined and had to merge, essentially disappearing iniami.

A little trivia for you, Coach Manny Diaz’s father scored the first TD in Belen history.

Advertisement

What do y'all think about this? I think Chaney is already taken care of and firm in his commitment, doesn't seem like a trolling type either. But the tears would have been priceless if he did the Gator chomp and got their fanbase excited for nothing.

What do y'all think about this? I think Chaney is already taken care of and firm in his commitment, doesn't seem like a trolling type either. But the tears would have been priceless if he did the Gator chomp and got their fanbase excited for nothing.

I think Wingo is a d-bag and would flash a rivals sign. I expect him to commit and recommit several more times before he signs

Advertisement

Belen has never been a football power. They get beaten by Columbus on a regular basis. They are extremely strong academically, probably Top 2-3 in all of Dade.

Chaney is very much an exception rather than the rule there.

he's good as long as we dint lose to duke, va and gt

😢 This what I like to hear
20190701_163602.jpg

Advertisement
If what everyone says about Chaney’s father is true, then there is next to no chance that he de-commits. Some people give greater regard to their word than others, and the Chaney family seems to be those type of people. Word is bond.

His dad seems like the kind of guy you want raising the next generation of kids

Advertisement
His dad seems like the kind of guy you want raising the next generation of kids

He had his son take the road less traveled that’s for sure. Belen is one of the two or three top schools academically overall in Dade and has a pretty average at best football program. And unlike Columbus and Gulliver they don’t give a **** if he’s an athlete.

Much respect for that.

Advertisement
Back