Chaney back for Clemson?

Advertisement
IDK, but I liked what I've seen from Knighton these past 2 weeks. He's running harder, holding on to the ball, and He's more aggressive & effective in pass pro.
Agree with this. Appears that he may be a guy who took a hard look in the mirror after the early part of the season. I wish we had our full complement of backs healthy for Clemson because the combination of Rooster, Parrish and Chaney could be pretty dangerous. Nobody would have to carry the full load at RB and the change of pace could be effective.

Chaney has to play this year. He has to prove to himself, his school, and maaaaaybeee the NFL that he can play and remain healthy. An injury prone running back has zero value in the NFL. He needs to play this year and have a full season next year before he will even receive consideration by the NFL.

Advertisement
Mario said he made him earn it back. Made him do ball protection drills, etc
That's one thing in regards to the culture that's actually paying off.
He stil carries the ball in his right hand when running left. Every defender tries to strip the ball because of this and his fumbling history.
And by not carrying the ball in his left hand when running left, he can’t use his right hand to stiff arm. Instead he has to put 2 hands on the ball to prevent the fumble and that ends the run. Rooster has the ability to turn a 15 yard run into a 50 yard run but he needs to make this change.

Anyone here play RB? How long after starting to run again does it take to get back in the groove?
Chaney 'supposedly' only starting running at practice a week or so ago.

Advertisement
I hope he only has 4-5 snaps at most just to get acclimated to the speed. Save him for Pitt and the Bowl game.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

IDK, but I liked what I've seen from Knighton these past 2 weeks. He's running harder, holding on to the ball, and He's more aggressive & effective in pass pro.
I am playing pop psychologist, but it seems that Knighton doesn't play as well when the backfield is crowded and his PT is limited/inconsistent. I think he gets down when he's not as involved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back