Chamberlain Campbell

6’6 210lbs with a massive wingspan
Does he work hard?
Does he have bend?

Harbour isn’t exactly a world beater football player with 2 sacks on the year. Yet, he is a 5* because he runs a 10.2. Heck, I’d rather recruit him as a TE/WR/OLB and go after an edge that is fine getting up to 250-260lbs.

If anything, this is a backup in case we don’t land Wilson.

Advertisement
Ivins is the worse when it comes to evals. Abnormal length.
Boban Marjanovic Dancing GIF by LA Clippers

From ON3:

Was at the FSU game. Said the loss doesn't affect his feelings about Miami in a negative way. “I think it’s a great opportunity to play under a really great staff. They’re in a rebuilding process and I can learn a lot.”

Speaks to Todd Stroud and Rod Wright at least 4 times a week.

“Coach Wright, his message is he wants the right players under him, everyone buying into what he thinks is right, everyone helping restore Miami to their glory,” Campbell said. “I had a really interesting conversation with him that he’s building everything from the ground up and wants to surround himself up with great players. We even watched film together and it was really instructive.”

Plans to sign in February. Also said Miami will definitely get an OV; he is working to set that up. Other schools in contention for his services include Michigan State, Mississippi & Kansas .

Advertisement
I remember when Prop Joe looked at a kid whos film at DL look similar to this an wasnt high on the kid. Kid was an early enrollee and i went to one of the early Richt's camps in the spring for prospects a few weeks after the kid reached campus....Saw the kid in person and knew i was instantly wrong....Greg Rousseau.

I was vocal as **** on this board in my love for Chatfield over Rousseau as a prospect. If this kid can be an early enrollee...there is stuff to work with after a shirt.

Id monitor this kid and Joseph Mupoyi

I would love for Miami to take both 2023 DE's Campbell Chamberlain and Joseph Mupoyi. Get them both in as Early Enrollees put 20lbs on each in year one and redshirt them. Then add another 20lbs in year two an unless them red shirt freshman for yhe 2024 season. We have plenty of young DE future stars already, we need quality depth to support those young bucks (Kelly, Moss, Williams, and Wayne)

Go Canes

There's a huuuge gap between "already made day one starter" and this kid. Not even FAU has seen enough to offer him yet.

His school keeps updated stats on their players.

This kid has 1 sack and 4 solo tackles in 6 games. He ranks 9th on his team in total tackles, 8th in TFL, and 11th on his team in sacks.
And its not because he's a DE. The other DE and DT have combined for 14 sacks, 30 TFL and 78 total tackles.

What did you see that makes you think he can develop into something?

It's the young man's 1st year playing football and you can clearly see that he is suffering from analysis paralysis in over thinking what to do during the play. He has/uses "NO HAND FIGHTING TECHNIQUES" which is critical in defeating blocks as edge rusher. He also opens his chest to the offensive blockers when rushing, this slowing his progress to the ball carrier. He also plays with a high hat but at 6'7" that's expected, but correctable especially the first time he gets a punch to the ribs by college linemen with grown man strength.

What I do like a lot that you can't teach is his high motor recovery and closing speed that is aided by his length. This the type of player coach Kool could make a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Now it's up to Coach Taylor and UM'S DE coach to find an develop players like this.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement
Also, Taveon Wheeler committed to Long Island U. I was hoping we could get him as a PWO, but he got a schollie to LIU.

Advertisement
Back