Chamberlain Campbell

Advertisement
Nah.. he's tall. That's it. Not one play does he explode off the line. There's no closing burst of speed either. And nowhere in those highlights is he straight bullying someone. The entire thing is him making basic tackles or almost getting to the QB to cause pressure, and that's mainly due to his height. But its that lack of burst off the line that has me at no thanks.

Nah.. he's tall. That's it. Not one play does he explode off the line. There's no closing burst of speed either. And nowhere in those highlights is he straight bullying someone. The entire thing is him making basic tackles or almost getting to the QB to cause pressure, and that's mainly due to his height. But its that lack of burst off the line that has me at no thanks.

This is what I saw. He's a stand-up rusher the whole time, too.

Advertisement

Visiting with a couple other commits for the Duke game. Mid season highlights posted. Discuss…

He has a lot of potential. This is a hood prospect imo. You can tell he maybe new the sport but this is a project a school will take and he develops into a monster after a couple years (if he puts in the work). My question is, does a school like UM has the patience to wait? Do they feel he’s talented enough? I like him.

Edit: I just saw his 247 profile and UM is listed with interest. So I assumed someone spoke to him on the staff.

Advertisement
Don’t hold your breath. It sounds like there will a lot of “diamond in the rough” type finds to close out the class 🤣
9-3 is only hope we have a 2nd wave.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Advertisement
With the one time free transfer, developmental kids should go where they can play asap. If you show you’re good, you’ll have offers from everywhere.

On the flip side, it’s harder for coaches to get these kind of kids to stay long enough to get them on the field. Nobody wants to sit for 2-3 years while you develop, behind guys who come in ready.

Advertisement
This kid isn’t a bad prospect. He’s young to the game but y’all are talking like he’s a scrub. He isn’t. Not every player is an already made day 1 starter. This kid has tools that can develop
It's not about is he a scrub or not. We went from hosting the Damon Wilson's and Samuel M'pemba's to this. Just shows the stark reality of where recruiting is headed.

This kid isn’t a bad prospect. He’s young to the game but y’all are talking like he’s a scrub. He isn’t. Not every player is an already made day 1 starter. This kid has tools that can develop
There's a huuuge gap between "already made day one starter" and this kid. Not even FAU has seen enough to offer him yet.

His school keeps updated stats on their players.

This kid has 1 sack and 4 solo tackles in 6 games. He ranks 9th on his team in total tackles, 8th in TFL, and 11th on his team in sacks.
And its not because he's a DE. The other DE and DT have combined for 14 sacks, 30 TFL and 78 total tackles.

What did you see that makes you think he can develop into something?

It's not about is he a scrub or not. We went from hosting the Damon Wilson's and Samuel M'pemba's to this. Just shows the stark reality of where recruiting is headed.

Is he coming for a visit? With a prospect like this you can still recruit him and go hard after the 4&5 stars. I honestly think the kid is good. He’s not at the level of the prospects you named right now but you can still get him and the other kids.

Advertisement
Back