Chad Thomas

yet he was out played by pretty much every one else out there when looking at stats, tackles etc

this is a very good sign... sad part our MLB had one tackle Oh My!

Miami (FL) Solo Ast Total Sacks-Yds TFL-Yds FF FR-Yds Int-Yds BrUp Blks QBH
33 Trent Harris 2 3 5 0.5-3 1.5-6 - - - - - -
3C Marques Gayot 3 1 4 1.5-6 2.5-8 - - - - - -
3B Terry McCray 2 2 4 - - - - - - - -
31 D. Jackson 1 3 4 - - - - - - - -
29 Corn Elder 3 0 3 1.0-12 2.0-16 - - - 1 - -
17 Tyriq McCord 2 1 3 0.5-4 0.5-4 - - - - - -
4 Jaquan Johnson 1 2 3 - - - - - - - -
5 Jermaine Grace 1 2 3 - - - - - 1 - -
1 Artie Burns 2 0 2 - - - - 1-4 - - -
25 Dallas Crawford 2 0 2 - - - - - - - -
58 Darrion Owens 2 0 2 - 1.0-1 - - - 1 - -
80 RJ McIntosh 2 0 2 - - - - - - - -
26 R. Jenkins 1 1 2 - - - - 1-0 - - -
47 Ufomba Kamalu 1 1 2 0.5-3 0.5-3 - - - - - -
2 Deon Bush 1 1 2 - - - - - - - -
93 C. Heurtelou 1 1 2 - 1.0-2 - - - - - -
6A Jamal Carter 1 0 1 - - - - - - - -
30 Quincy Casimir 1 0 1 - - - - - - - -
7 Kendrick Norton 1 0 1 1.0-7 1.0-7 - - - - - -
40 Gage Batten 1 0 1 - - - - - - - -
28 Michael Jackson 0 1 1 - - - - - - - -
39 Jordan Butler 0 1 1 - - - - - - - -
92 Courtel Jenkins 0 1 1 - - - - - - - -
3 Tracy Howard 0 1 1 - - - - - - - -
9A Chad Thomas 0 1 1 - - - - - - - -
56 Raphael Kirby 0 1 1 - - - - - - - -
Totals 31 24 55 5.0-35 10.0-47 0 0-0 2-4 3 0 0

SMH

Advertisement
Amazing what he can do when he's allowed to get after it instead of controlling a B-gap.

I think he's a first round talent.

Norton and Moten also showed flashes.

Well then, in that case, the Bethune Cookman OLineman that kept Chad from hitting Bethune quarterback all game long would be not only a 1st round talent but a future perennial All-Pro. Chad only touched a Bethune offensive player only after that player was under wraps by a UM defender, and thus was rewarded with an assisted tackle.

Did you actually watch Chad against their O-line? Or are you just regurgitating stats?

First sack of the game was due to Chad.

I saw the same thing. Chad was being double and triple teamed, especially on his inside moves. We had all kinds of instant pressure from his outside because of him.

Triple teamed?
Pretty sure he was regularly being quadruple teamed.

Chad Thomas entered into the game on the first third down and rushed against the LT. He had a beautiful arm over and got to the inside shoulder of the LT who overcommitted to the outside and got his feet out of whack. Let's be real- that kid sucks- but it was the first time I've seen a Miami DL actually use an inside arm-over that worked. It was due to the fact Chad is too quick if the LT didn't cheat, and too strong if he oversets to the inside. It is the responsibility of an OL to work inside-out and Chad still got there first. Corn got the sack, but the entire play was made by Chad. Elder just had a free run as the QB had to bail to get outside of Chad who had penetration. It was exactly the type of one-gap quick penetration I want to see from our DL. The great thing is it was a smart scheme as well, with Chad diving to the inside, Elder was on the outside blitzing, so even if they had run outside zone and Chad had gotten sucked inside, Elder would've been there to handle the bounce. Credit where credit is due on that play.

Later, he showed violent hands to lock out the T, control him with leverage and push the runner back inside to his help. He gets zero credit in the stat sheet, but that is the kid of play we haven't seen from our defensive line in several years. He has extremely strong hands and long arms. His quickness can cause as many problems for running lanes as he does when rushing the passer. His grade in this game was the highest of any defensive linemen for me.

Add to that he has now put on tape that he'll attack the inside shoulder of a T with an arm-over and you won't see the T cheat to get out into his kick-slide nearly as often because getting beat back inside is the most embarrassing thing for an OL.

For me, I have to give credit to our DL coach because I saw real hand usage for the first time in a long time. If he can teach our kids to get into the linemen's chest when they stand tall to withstand the bullrush and swim over their initial punch when they get aggressive, we will get back to at least being a competent defense again.

great analysis. thanks

No but stop lauding these insignificant efforts as a sign that anything has changed. But hey if you like setting yourself up for failure then by all means stay the course. Let me help a bit...."we back", "we going undefeated", "did you all see the way we killd BCU?", "That is old school canes football", "AG has changed"...etc

Figures that DK72 (AKA the Al Golden ***** collector) would down vote

DK down vote this to confirm your status in AG's life

No, I down voted it because you're an idiot.

well thanks for confirming everyone suspicions. Id rather be called an idiot than confirm that I drink another mans love juice. Is it true AG calls you salty pleasure?

Thanks for confirming you are a child, and one with mental/emotional issues at that. Now let the adults talk football while you talk about "****" and whatever other immature nonsense you'd like.

Funny how you have a nickname for Al's man juice....lol

That kid balled last game. He was in the backfield a whole lot. Had dudes running for their lives. Showed strength speed n quickness. Had a plethora of moves. They are finally gonna let this kid do what he does. Excited to see how his season goes.

He had 1 assisted tackle. He's on pace for 12 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 TFL for the season if he continues doing what he did against BCC.

WE BALLIN BOY

Advertisement
That kid balled last game. He was in the backfield a whole lot. Had dudes running for their lives. Showed strength speed n quickness. Had a plethora of moves. They are finally gonna let this kid do what he does. Excited to see how his season goes.

He had 1 assisted tackle. He's on pace for 12 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 TFL for the season if he continues doing what he did against BCC.

WE BALLIN BOY
In all fairness, he was being triple and quadruple teamed leaving the rest of the guys free to rack up the 12 sacks we got. We did get 12 right? I know Texas A&M got 10 against a highly regarded ASU, so I think we had to get 12.

WE BALLIN BOY
In all fairness, he was being triple and quadruple teamed leaving the rest of the guys free to rack up the 12 sacks we got. We did get 12 right? I know Texas A&M got 10 against a highly regarded ASU, so I think we had to get 12.

No, but we did get 5, which is better than many other teams against similarly crappy opponents. I guess FSU is going to lose most games this year, they only got 1 sack against Texas State, right?

WE BALLIN BOY

Actually, it was also Temple that got the 1O sacks last weekend against Golden new team next year after Franklin's fired & AG gets UM to win 10+ games.

WE BALLIN BOY

[MENTION=1128]BigDikCane[/MENTION] should be Chad's coach. He's the only guy I know that can get triple teamed and still grab 12 sacks at the same time.

Advertisement

WE BALLIN BOY

[MENTION=1128]BigDikCane[/MENTION] should be Chad's coach. He's the only guy I know that can get triple teamed and still grab 12 sacks at the same time.

Most of these guys that talk sh*t don't know football. Sh*t is ridiculous man

His first play in after not starting he caused a sack.

No he didn't. Corn Elder caused the sack. Only the player that gets the sack can cause a sack. Corn Elder was the only player on the field. He defeated 10 blocks to get to the QB and the QB ran into his arms for no reason at all.

Great play Corn.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back