Chad Thomas

We are going to have to fight and claw to get this kid even if Harris has publicly stated he doesn't have an issue with UM. It's clear he does and will continue to steer his players elswehere.

Clear how? FSU is just doing a better job at recruiting these kids at the moment. Hate to say it, but strictly from a FOOTBALL PROGRAM standpoint FSU and LSU are in better spots than UM

I don't see FSU being much more than a year ahead of us in their progress. Remember, just a few years ago they were in the same conversation as we were about having to rebuild. Add to that the fact that C. Thomas would have a better chance to get on the field early with Miami, and FSU shouldn't be viewed as being in a better spot than UM.

Advertisement
We are going to have to fight and claw to get this kid even if Harris has publicly stated he doesn't have an issue with UM. It's clear he does and will continue to steer his players elswehere.

Clear how? FSU is just doing a better job at recruiting these kids at the moment. Hate to say it, but strictly from a FOOTBALL PROGRAM standpoint FSU and LSU are in better spots than UM

I don't see FSU being much more than a year ahead of us in their progress. Remember, just a few years ago they were in the same conversation as we were about having to rebuild. Add to that the fact that C. Thomas would have a better chance to get on the field early with Miami, and FSU shouldn't be viewed as being in a better spot than UM.
As much as it burns me to say it, have you seen the d linemen f$u has been bringing in the past couple years

Shouldn't red flags go up when FSU signs top ten classes then underachieves with the exception of last year? That'd more eye-popping than anything else

Advertisement

As much as it burns me to say it, have you seen the d linemen f$u has been bringing in the past couple years

Yes, and that's why Thomas would have a better chance of getting early playing time with us.

That is the only place FSU has outpaced us: D-Line.

Granted it is the second most important position on the field and makes a HUGE difference.

But other than that, would you trade our roster with their's at any position?

QB: I will take Morris, Olsen and Dewey over Winston, Trickett and Coker

RB: Duke over any of their guys

WR: Wash, maybe slight edge to us

OL: Big edge for us

DL: Them

LB: Love our potential, Christian Jones is a stud for them though and probably better than any of our guys...Toss up

DB: Us

Advertisement
Fsu is basically a SEC school in the ACC oh my god are you ****ing serious.

On their Dline i agree but thats it

I agree, if he said they have an SEC like Dline then I probably wouldn't say anythi.g but Fsu as a whole..

SEC is not all that. Alabama and LSU have been consistent but ARK, S.Car, Vandy, MissSt, UGA are mostly forgettable. Auburn and UF had their 15 minutes but tebow and newton aint walking through that door. Now A&M and is it Missouri? FSU is SEC quality but that's not really saying all that much.

Granted it is the second most important position on the field and makes a HUGE difference.

LB: Love our potential, Christian Jones is a stud for them though and probably better than any of our guys...Toss up

I'm sorry but this is homerism at its best. At QB we have an edge this year but going forward Winston has more raw talent than Olsen. At RB they are way better at this point because of depth. Freeman, Wilder and Pender are light years ahead of every back we have not named Duke. WR is close to a toss but they have as much of a claim to that one as us, Greene is a stud. OL and DL you are spot on. I feel we have an edge at TE also. Their LBs are better, especially if Eddie doesn't come back. Both of our secondaries are stacked.

I'm sorry but this is homerism at its best. At QB we have an edge this year but going forward Winston has more raw talent than Olsen. At RB they are way better at this point because of depth. Freeman, Wilder and Pender are light years ahead of every back we have not named Duke. WR is close to a toss but they have as much of a claim to that one as us, Greene is a stud. OL and DL you are spot on. I feel we have an edge at TE also. Their LBs are better, especially if Eddie doesn't come back. Both of our secondaries are stacked.

Winston has raw ability but so does EVERY QB THEY BRING IN and they all end up underachieving. We developed Morris and I see no reason we can't do the same with Olsen, who comes in way ahead of where Morris was.

Freeman..solid at best, I see no reason Dillard cannot do what he does for them. Wilder has his moments but I would argue that Edwards reminds me of Le'Veon Bell, who is a souped up version of Wilder. And Pender cannot hold Duke's jock. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I see it.

Greene is a stud but so is Dorsett, and I like our depth better.

We do have the edge at tight end, forgot to include that.

LB...you're right, I included Eddie on our group which seems silly an hour later.

I will take our secondary group over anyone in the nation.

So they have the better front 7 and that's about it. We have a staff that built a reputation on developing front 7s...so this gap will close. Essentially I just don't see them being WAY ahead of us. I also don't have much of a leg to stand on there, as they have taken 3 in a row. Maybe I'm just a homer.

FSU might not be an SEC type school but they are alot further along then we are. Lets take the O and G glasses off for a second. We can catch them this year but lets remember we have lost 3 straight games to them. Two of those games were really dominated by them. If the situation was reversed we would be saying the same thing they are saying now.

The only positions that FSU has an advantage over us is in regards to depth and talent is RB, DL, and LB. They are destroying us in DL recruiting. And they have more depth at RB. Lets face it..Duke goes down the same way Chris Thompson when down for them last year and we win 4-5 games last year. Boston College and Vtech are two games that come to mind that we would have lost without Duke.

With that said..I think Chad Thomas is his own man and whatever decision he makes he wont be swayed by MT or Ice. I think at this point it is 50/50 with us and FSU. Having his boy MT at FSU doesnt help the cause any.

Advertisement
A lot of FSU ****sucking on here. That big bad team let a bunch of freshmen and sophomores hang around with them for three quarters last year, and yea they ran away towards the end, but lets not act like they are THAT far ahead of us.

LOL! Okay, Problem2. Whatever you say. Like I said, if we had beat them 3 years in a row you would be on here beating your chest talkin about how we OWN them blah blah. Our basketball team has won an ACC title before the fball team has. Think about that for second. I was at the FSU game this year AND two years ago. I am not some internet fan who just talks smack. I go to the games and if you were at that game last year you cant sit here and tell me you were 100 percent confident we had that game in the bag even after we got up 10-0. Our lack of depth showed from the jump. Them coming back to beat us by 2tds was not a surprise. But I love them for fighting and not giving up unlike two years ago.

We will have our day in the sun. And very soon. But I am not going to take credit away from a rival just because I hate them. Thats just bytch made. They won the ACC title last year. We have been in the league for 10 years and have only been to the ACC title game once. And we were supposed to bring prominence and winning ways to the ACC. Were supposed to have FSU/UM ACC title games yearly. Its not a coincidence we are on opposite sides of the bracket. We have not lived up to our part of the deal. Its time for us to do so. And it needs to start THIS YEAR! No excuses!

A lot of FSU ****sucking on here. That big bad team let a bunch of freshmen and sophomores hang around with them for three quarters last year, and yea they ran away towards the end, but lets not act like they are THAT far ahead of us.

And anyone that thinks Ice didn't have a hand in their players going elsewhere has their head in the sand. Give me a break. Some of them may have wanted to get out of Miami, but Ice Harris will continue to be a thorn in our side regardless of what he says publicly.

Advertisement

Winston has raw ability but so does EVERY QB THEY BRING IN and they all end up underachieving. We developed Morris and I see no reason we can't do the same with Olsen, who comes in way ahead of where Morris was.

Freeman..solid at best, I see no reason Dillard cannot do what he does for them. Wilder has his moments but I would argue that Edwards reminds me of Le'Veon Bell, who is a souped up version of Wilder. And Pender cannot hold Duke's jock. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I see it.

Greene is a stud but so is Dorsett, and I like our depth better.

We do have the edge at tight end, forgot to include that.

LB...you're right, I included Eddie on our group which seems silly an hour later.

I will take our secondary group over anyone in the nation.

So they have the better front 7 and that's about it. We have a staff that built a reputation on developing front 7s...so this gap will close. Essentially I just don't see them being WAY ahead of us. I also don't have much of a leg to stand on there, as they have taken 3 in a row. Maybe I'm just a homer.

Still Winston has elite raw ability, and while Manuel underachieved, he still had a solid senior campaign. Now as for Morris, the job there to develop him was excellent, but that guy now coaches for the Jags. We will see though but just based on raw talent Winston edges out Olsen and the other guys for both squads are just Jags right now. Also knock Jimbo all you want about his game day coaching, but you cant knock his track record with QBs.

Now RB, I dont think any of the guys they have are Duke, but they are good nonetheless. Like I said all three would get playing time here over anybody we have not named Duke. BTW, Pender may not be Duke but he is still an elite talent. Dont even put Freeman and Dillard in the same sentence....... We are splitting hairs at WR, and I would not trade our guys for theirs but they could say the same. I agree that I like our depth more, but we still dont have a #1 guy like Greene, Dorsett is good but not that good. Coley has more talent than anyone on either roster but lets talk about him in August. I also am high on our secondary talent but that doesnt mean they arent loaded there either.

Lastly, yes we are closing the gap, but we are still a class away from being there and then developing it. Nobody wants to hear that but its the truth. We laugh at them for underachieving last year and the year before that but they won 10 n 12 plus both bowl games. They are much better than us right now. We have hung around .500. Im just trying to be objective.

FSU is committed to winning and spends loads of cash to make it happen despite what reports say...facilities,support staff,training, etc they spend money for football not like bama (nobody does) but they are very much ahead of UM in terms of those things that makes a team consistant. I expect this to be UMs best team overall but they still have alot of work to do in terms of building the program.

Watch it, Bobbydiguis. If you say anything for FSU, that doesn't include them sucking irregardless of how bad we have been the last 6-7 years, you could be blacklisted! Lol.

Advertisement
Back