Chad Thomas

That is the only place FSU has outpaced us: D-Line.

Granted it is the second most important position on the field and makes a HUGE difference.

But other than that, would you trade our roster with their's at any position?

QB: I will take Morris, Olsen and Dewey over Winston, Trickett and Coker

RB: Duke over any of their guys

WR: Wash, maybe slight edge to us

OL: Big edge for us

DL: Them

LB: Love our potential, Christian Jones is a stud for them though and probably better than any of our guys...Toss up

DB: Us

I'm sorry but this is homerism at its best. At QB we have an edge this year but going forward Winston has more raw talent than Olsen. At RB they are way better at this point because of depth. Freeman, Wilder and Pender are light years ahead of every back we have not named Duke. WR is close to a toss but they have as much of a claim to that one as us, Greene is a stud. OL and DL you are spot on. I feel we have an edge at TE also. Their LBs are better, especially if Eddie doesn't come back. Both of our secondaries are stacked.

Hate to agree but you are probably right in most of your points but I think we are way ahead in special teams and most importantly coaching. So overall I think we are right there.....and we are hungry! We almost back!!

Advertisement

Granted it is the second most important position on the field and makes a HUGE difference.

LB: Love our potential, Christian Jones is a stud for them though and probably better than any of our guys...Toss up

I'm sorry but this is homerism at its best. At QB we have an edge this year but going forward Winston has more raw talent than Olsen. At RB they are way better at this point because of depth. Freeman, Wilder and Pender are light years ahead of every back we have not named Duke. WR is close to a toss but they have as much of a claim to that one as us, Greene is a stud. OL and DL you are spot on. I feel we have an edge at TE also. Their LBs are better, especially if Eddie doesn't come back. Both of our secondaries are stacked.

Hate to agree but you are probably right in most of your points but I think we are way ahead in special teams and most importantly coaching. So overall I think we are right there.....and we are hungry! We almost back!!

We are ahead on STs right now, but they have talent there to and have in the recent past with Greg Reid. That is the thing right now, if we had landed some one or both of Bostwick and Keed, and one of Collins/Thomas this is a way different convo come next year. They have talent at every position(save OL) to reload, we do in most positions but not all. I also agree with coaching but dont think Jimbo is the dunce so many here make him out to be. Ultimately it comes down to results, and everything else is a bunch BS. The day we catch up with them; win 10 n 12 games consecutively, we land everyone in SF, plus a handful of OOS blue chips like we should have in Eddie Goldman and S Diggs. Just sayin.

We are going to have to fight and claw to get this kid even if Harris has publicly stated he doesn't have an issue with UM. It's clear he does and will continue to steer his players elswehere.

Clear how? FSU is just doing a better job at recruiting these kids at the moment. Hate to say it, but strictly from a FOOTBALL PROGRAM standpoint FSU and LSU are in better spots than UM

Give me a break! FSU is hot trash! FSU played the weakest schedule they've had in 20 years with a team that was loaded with talent and they were mediocre at best all season long. Had Bama or any of the "big boy" football programs from the SEC played Northern Illinois in their Bowl games they would have destroyed them from start to finish and that team was hanging around with them into the 4th quarter. FSwho is faaaaaaaarrrr from being mentioned in the same breath as any of the top "big boy" schools of the SEC right now.

When Miami beats their *** this year Jimbo will be ran out of Trailerhassee. History has a funny way of repeating itself.

FSwho breaks in a new QB this year and I can't wait to watch our boys dismantle them in their house again...

Quick... name the last 1,000 yard rusher from FSwho.

Most of FSwho's fans have no clue who that RB was. FSU may have elite RB's stacked on their roster but they use them for ****. EJ Manual was a 5th year starter last season and he never impressed me at all. Most of his stats were piled up against scrubs. This idea that Miami is so far behind in the talent department is a joke. Did any of you watch their games last year? They didn't impress me at all. Had FSU played a "big time" SEC school last year they would have been dismantled. **** the Gators were hot trash in the SEC last year and they beat them down physically and FSU lost the game???

Had FSU played a "big time" SEC school last year they would have been dismantled. **** the Gators were hot trash in the SEC last year and they beat them down physically and FSU lost the game???

The Gators lost one game in the SEC last year that is what you call hot trash?

Advertisement
Had FSU played a "big time" SEC school last year they would have been dismantled. **** the Gators were hot trash in the SEC last year and they beat them down physically and FSU lost the game???

The Gators should not have beaten FSU last season. Last season was FSU's season to break out. They supposedly had an all star defense. They returned a 5th year senior QB. The Gators may have only lost one game but they didn't play Bama or that would have been two losses. They were lucky to catch LSU sleep walking. They were lucky to catch Texas A&M early in the season before they started clicking.

Okay... so they may not have been "hot trash" but they were not your typical UF powerhouse. As that game wore on last season UF completely manhandled FSU and that should not have happened. To say FSU is a "big boy" program is a joke...

The Gators should not have beaten FSU last season. Last season was FSU's season to break out. They supposedly had an all star defense. They returned a 5th year senior QB. The Gators may have only lost one game but they didn't play Bama or that would have been two losses. They were lucky to catch LSU sleep walking. They were lucky to catch Texas A&M early in the season before they started clicking.

Okay... so they may not have been "hot trash" but they were not your typical UF powerhouse. As that game wore on last season UF completely manhandled FSU and that should not have happened. To say FSU is a "big boy" program is a joke...

I am not one to ever say FSU is a "big boy program" but what happen to FSU was the same thing that happen to LSU & A & M. All three got beat down as the game went on. Florida ran the ball 20 plus times in a row to end the LSU game.

Miami was young last year but that D has to step up this year. There was a pretty wide gap between FSU and Miami's D last year.

Last edited:

Most of FSwho's fans have no clue who that RB was. FSU may have elite RB's stacked on their roster but they use them for ****. EJ Manual was a 5th year starter last season and he never impressed me at all. Most of his stats were piled up against scrubs. This idea that Miami is so far behind in the talent department is a joke. Did any of you watch their games last year? They didn't impress me at all. Had FSU played a "big time" SEC school last year they would have been dismantled. **** the Gators were hot trash in the SEC last year and they beat them down physically and FSU lost the game???

you have some team spirit and that is fine, but there is a healthy amount of stupid in this post.

Yeah and opinions are like ********...

Care to elaborate on all of this stupidity? I watched FSU all year long and they never impressed me once. At no time did I think they were anywhere close to being an elite "big boy" football team while they cruised through that sorry excuse of a schedule. Also, FSU supposedly has all of this RB talent but yet Miami's true freshman RB rushed for more yards than all of their studs??? Hmmmmm?

you have some team spirit and that is fine, but there is a healthy amount of stupid in this post.

Yeah and opinions are like ********...

Care to elaborate on all of this stupidity? I watched FSU all year long and they never impressed me once. At no time did I think they were anywhere close to being an elite "big boy" football team while they cruised through that sorry excuse of a schedule. Also, FSU supposedly has all of this RB talent but yet Miami's true freshman RB rushed for more yards than all of their studs??? Hmmmmm?

alright, ill bite.

-a 1 loss run in the SEC speaks for itself, your statement on Florida does as well so I need not go there. The quality of their offense is subpar, and they could have easily lost another game or two, but they didn't.

-regardless of the level of out of conference competition, fsu outscored their conference opponents by 200 points (22+ a game good for second among conference champs, oregon withstanding since they did not win the pac 12) which you knew since you watched them all season. Other auto qualifier conference champs? Louisville 24, Stanford 100, Wisonsin 134, Kansas St 140, Alabama 217. Mind you, in a conference that while not the SEC, fared well in bowl games this year (4-2).

- wether you are "impressed" by it or not, a 12 win team with a BCS bowl trophy, is a huge season.
everyone here, including myself would be slobbing Golden's **** if he pulled that off, regardless of wether it "impressed"
a member of a rivals fan base.

-on the rushing points you make, we have had ONE 1,000 yard rusher in the last 9 years. you should probably drop that as a point of end all measure as you seem to use it,
since football is becoming more and more a running back by commitee game. I guess I wouldn't have wanted Marriota's 752 yards on 106 carries, or D'Anthony Thomas' 701 on 92 either, since they weren't thousand yard rushers. I guess the likes of Ronnie Brown, Jahvid Best, Joseph Addai, didn't have significant campaigns, rushing for under 1000 yards their last season. Oh wait, they were first or second round draft picks.

-In case you didn't notice, (although i'm sure you did since you watched them all year), 3 players on the FSU roster got over 100 carries last year, and one had over 90. what does that translate to? RB depth of essentially interchangable talent, and nobody with over 111 carries in a 14 game season. a concept which is seemingly lost on you.

- while I absolutely agree that Miami is catching up in talent, we will just have to let the NFL draft totals from the 2013-2016 drafts answer that question. I hate to say it, but I would wager that FSU wins in that department at the end of that run.

Like you say, everyone has an opinion, its just that mine are based on factual statistics, and on field results to reflect them. Did Fsu under achieve considering their recruiting over the last four years and a 5th year qb? yeah, they probably did, they shouldn't have lost to NC state. On that I guess we agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
LOL! Okay, Problem2. Whatever you say. Like I said, if we had beat them 3 years in a row you would be on here beating your chest talkin about how we OWN them blah blah. Our basketball team has won an ACC title before the fball team has. Think about that for second. I was at the FSU game this year AND two years ago. I am not some internet fan who just talks smack. I go to the games and if you were at that game last year you cant sit here and tell me you were 100 percent confident we had that game in the bag even after we got up 10-0. Our lack of depth showed from the jump. Them coming back to beat us by 2tds was not a surprise. But I love them for fighting and not giving up unlike two years ago.

We will have our day in the sun. And very soon. But I am not going to take credit away from a rival just because I hate them. Thats just bytch made. They won the ACC title last year. We have been in the league for 10 years and have only been to the ACC title game once. And we were supposed to bring prominence and winning ways to the ACC. Were supposed to have FSU/UM ACC title games yearly. Its not a coincidence we are on opposite sides of the bracket. We have not lived up to our part of the deal. Its time for us to do so. And it needs to start THIS YEAR! No excuses!

this, credit for not being biased and having a honest and factual opinion. Good stuff my man, but hopefully we catch them this year. Losing Bryant and Bostwick really hurt biiig time.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=7...RL=http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1280645.html

Booker T. Washington will look to win their second state title in a row in 2013 and two of the top prospects in the country will be on that team. Ice Harris talks about two of his stars here...

can someone give a summary of what homeboy has to say?

But I thought after reading these boards that we could ignore Booker T. Little 6 was a fluke and they never get good players. These guys must have just transferred in?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back