Chad Thomas solidifies commitment

I read that Chad wants to get to 250... Does anyone know what position he'll play here - Jack LB (Green's position), RDE (Chick's position) or Sam LB (McCord's position)?

I think next year he probably won't play a whole lot in the base defense, but he'll be used in nickel sets like AQM/McCord. Long term, I think he projects into the role Chick plays, and will be the starter there as a sophomore. He'll probably get to 250 before he steps on campus really easily, and get 275-280 pretty naturally.

I think you might be right (with Chad playing Chick's role eventually). He has the frame for it. My main concern is him doing a "Chick" (bulking up and becoming slow). If he can keep his speed, I'll be fine with it.

Did Chick ever have speed like Chad?

Advertisement
Pete, do you see Thomas being us in a LB role? or some sort of hybrid role to mess with the other teams O?

I read that Chad wants to get to 250... Does anyone know what position he'll play here - Jack LB (Green's position), RDE (Chick's position) or Sam LB (McCord's position)?

I think next year he probably won't play a whole lot in the base defense, but he'll be used in nickel sets like AQM/McCord. Long term, I think he projects into the role Chick plays, and will be the starter there as a sophomore. He'll probably get to 250 before he steps on campus really easily, and get 275-280 pretty naturally.

I think you might be right (with Chad playing Chick's role eventually). He has the frame for it. My main concern is him doing a "Chick" (bulking up and becoming slow). If he can keep his speed, I'll be fine with it.

Straight line, I wouldn't be surprised if Chick was faster than Chad when he first stepped on Campus. The difference between them is explosion and suddenness. Chad's got the first step from the Gods. Not to mention the length. It's really not a comparison lol

Look at this defense the way you look at the 49ers

Chad is Aldon Smith

I think that might be Chad's best position (Jack LB). I hope we can use him in that way. I mean, that's the main reason why teams go with a 3-4 in the first place. You want (and need) a LT type of LB to come off the edge and wreak havoc...

If he plays Chick's position (SDE), I hope he can maintain his speed. However, it probably wouldn't matter since our DEs are suppose to hold their gap so that the LBs can flow to the ball. It would be a shame if Chad's main assignment is to just hold a gap.

17.gif

The reaction from the heavy set guy with his arms up is too funny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the player we got and with the new ones, I really hope we play more 4-3...

It would be fun watching CThomas and AQM create havoc on the outside from their natural 4-3 DE position. I have a few worries but not sure this is the thread to get into it.

Advertisement

It would be fun watching CThomas and AQM create havoc on the outside from their natural 4-3 DE position. I have a few worries but not sure this is the thread to get into it.
Just an opinion, but looking at AQM HL, he seemed more explosive jumping from a 3(4) point stance than from an OLB stance. I´m all for a freak like him to master another role, but when I remember those underized DE´s from LSU last season creating havok from a 4-3, I wish we could see more of this in Miami.

O.P , Valentine, Moten, Whyche paired with AQM, Thomas, Chick, Harris... ****!

But I also don´t want to change the subject of the thread

Just an opinion, but looking at AQM HL, he seemed more explosive jumping from a 3(4) point stance than from an OLB stance. I´m all for a freak like him to master another role, but when I remember those underized DE´s from LSU last season creating havok from a 4-3, I wish we could see more of this in Miami.

Look FORWARD.

4-3 defenses are a thing of the past.

The hybrid is what is en vogue and we are stacking the pieces to be able to run it.

Look at what Stanford is doing. Look at what Oregon does. Look at what Georgia was doing with Jarvis Jones. UCLA with Anthony Barr.

Pete Carroll is running it in Seattle. Harbaugh brought his DC from Stanford to run it in San Fran with Aldon Smith.

We are going to be able to get in and out of odd fronts. It only depends on us utilizing the versatility of the talent we are acquiring.

Glad to know we don't have to worry about him! Finally got around to watching film on Hester and he's an ol school ****y dog like we used to have. We need more cats like him that are confident and ain't afraid to show it.

Advertisement

Look FORWARD.

4-3 defenses are a thing of the past.

The hybrid is what is en vogue and we are stacking the pieces to be able to run it.

Look at what Stanford is doing. Look at what Oregon does. Look at what Georgia was doing with Jarvis Jones. UCLA with Anthony Barr.

Pete Carroll is running it in Seattle. Harbaugh brought his DC from Stanford to run it in San Fran with Aldon Smith.

We are going to be able to get in and out of odd fronts. It only depends on us utilizing the versatility of the talent we are acquiring.

Completely disagree, there´s no such thing in football... everything is cyclical.

A lot of people were making "statments" in CIS like you did now with the defenseive scheme, saying pocket QB´s were obsolete, that RG3, C. Newton and Kaepernick types were the future, period! Well, just look at the ones winning it all...

Imo, as always, the truth is in the middle, and despite the 3-4 be the trend now, Carolina Panthers defense is showing that 4-3 defenses are not a thing of the past like you said.

I have no problem seing a Miami defense hybrid, but with our personal, I would love to see we use the 4-3 more than what I saw this year.

Any clown ****ing about possibly missing out on Cook when we got this monster in the fold at a position of dire need...I mean...what do I say to you?

Oh, I know what...

**** you

Didn't reliaze Thomas played both sides of the ball until your post. What a bonus!

17.gif

NEGGED!!!!!

I can hopefully handle the negging, but pls don't make it worse with the CAPS and exclamation points.

Incidentally, I didn't see any running backs in that clip.

No, or the athleticism as Chad.

Advertisement
Back