Chad Morris vs. Tom Herman

Morris is an offensive guru.

The people knocking him need to understand, SMU has next to no talent. That team he took over from June Jones was 1-11 Kat season.

I'm guessing Houston will pull away in th 2nd half, based on halftime adjustments and a superior roster. But I watched SMU hang with Baylor and TCU, so I'm not surprised.

He's 1-4 this season. Sorry if that doesn't blow me away.
They lost to James Madison, and Madison has been dead for years.

Advertisement
This game's much closer than it was expected to be, but that final minute was handled perfectly from a clock management perspective by Herman. That's the second week in a row where Herman's aggressive clock management at the end of the first half resulted in a score.

They drove 60+ yards in less than 1:00 with 1 timeout remaining. With :10 left in the half and 0 timeouts left, they got a first down inside SMU's 5-yard line on a slant. They immediately sprinted up to the line, snapped the ball after just 1 second came off the clock after the chains were reset, and Ward ran it in for the score to take a 28-21 lead.

Morris is an offensive guru.

The people knocking him need to understand, SMU has next to no talent. That team he took over from June Jones was 1-11 Kat season.

I'm guessing Houston will pull away in th 2nd half, based on halftime adjustments and a superior roster. But I watched SMU hang with Baylor and TCU, so I'm not surprised.

He's 1-4 this season. Sorry if that doesn't blow me away.

I feel you. And that loss to James Madison University is inexcusable. But the guy can coach offense.

One of the biggest concerns when deciding for a coach is can he make 2nd half adjustments Herman right now gets a *check*

Something we haven't seen in 5 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back