Chad Morris vs. Tom Herman

The Dude

Junior
Espn @ 8:00 p.m. A good chance to watch both these coaches for those unfamiliar. Two names which the fan base throws out when talking about Golden's replacement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Greg Ward Jr. is one of the most exciting players in the country to watch. Terrific opening series from him to tie it up at 7-7.

Advertisement
Houston's D did a great job against Montgomery's Tulsa squad last week, but they're getting shredded here early.

SMU scored like 30 points all year last year. One offseason and Morris has them cutting ppl up. SMU has zero talent.

Advertisement
Hate to be a Debbie downer, but from initial observations, the Houston D appears similar to the Al Grohlden defense schematically.

Last edited:
Houston brings blindside heat on 3rd & short to cause a sack-fumble. They recover in the red zone and will look to tie it up at the half.

Aggressive defensive call pays off.

Advertisement
Morris is an offensive guru.

The people knocking him need to understand, SMU has next to no talent. That team he took over from June Jones was 1-11 Kat season.

I'm guessing Houston will pull away in th 2nd half, based on halftime adjustments and a superior roster. But I watched SMU hang with Baylor and TCU, so I'm not surprised.

The people knocking him need to understand, SMU has next to no talent. That team he took over from June Jones was 1-11 Kat season.

I'm guessing Houston will pull away in th 2nd half, based on halftime adjustments and a superior roster. But I watched SMU hang with Baylor and TCU, so I'm not surprised.

He's 1-4 this season. Sorry if that doesn't blow me away.

Extremely aggressive clock management from Herman. With 2 timeouts remaining and 1:05 left in the half, SMU ran the ball for a 2-yard gain on 1st & 20 at around their own 40. Herman called timeout. On 3rd & short, his defense forced a fumble and ended up forcing their third turnover of the game.

Very ballsy move. They're already set up inside SMU's 30 with under :30 remaining in the half after two offensive plays.

He's 1-4 this season. Sorry if that doesn't blow me away.

2 of those Losses are to TCU and Baylor

Advertisement
Back