Chad "MajorNine" Thomas beats on the new Kodak Black album

That doesn't mean it was about malcom x. If u listened to the words of the song, the song was definitely about Kodak and the changes in his life before and after fame. Obviously the song used malcom x as an inspiration, but saying the song was about malcom x is not very smart, please listened to the words next time.

Yeah, I don't think so. I'm already sorry I listened to that drivel. It's cool to make a living bragging about your cars and jewelry, but don't try to convince me you're some great thinker at this point. And if you insist, at least make your words halfway comprehensible.

And maybe save your condescension for somebody who cares about this guy.

Advertisement
Yeah, I don't think so. I'm already sorry I listened to that drivel. It's cool to make a living bragging about your cars and jewelry, but don't try to convince me you're some great thinker at this point. And if you insist, at least make your words halfway comprehensible.

And maybe save your condescension for somebody who cares about this guy.
The only one trying to be some great thinker is only you. Nothings wrong saying that you got cars, jewelry, and ur sipping good alcohol now, because before you was poor and had nothing but crime to rely on. Its the basic, I came from the gutter now look at me, my mindset has changed and the people around me have change, song. If you cant see that then I don't know what to say, because its quite simple.

Kodak Black is one of the worst rappers on Earth. It's an embarrassment to the 90's rap/hip-hop music that I grew up listening to.
I love both eras of rap. Music changes man. Guys like Kodak arent trying to be super lyrical and introspective like GangStarr or Pac. Theyre just trying to make fun, catchy stuff. And they do it well.

I respect your opinion though, music is subjective.

Couldve been different, gnarly, take one, transgression, callin my spirit, if im lying im flyin, are all certified bangers.

However, if you thought those 3 songs were "trash", then dont bother with the rest of the album. It obviously isnt for you.

Calling my spirit and if im lyin im flyin where dope, but those 3 songs up there are trash.

I mean if you listened to the words, obviously malcolm x was used as an inspiration for the song but it was not about malcolm x. It was about the things kodak notices before and after his change of fame. Not once did he say anything about malcolm x the whole song was about himself.

Yah that is straight up wrong. Did you not listen to the song at all? The first 2 verses are about him and XXXtentatcions relationship and then comparing XXXs death to malcolm Xs death. Which is laughable. *** was some random trash rapper who was never involved in the street schit and malcolm is a legend. Then he ran out of things to say about *** and completely changed the topic of the song for the 3rd verse.

Advertisement
I love both eras of rap. Music changes man. Guys like Kodak arent trying to be super lyrical and introspective like GangStarr or Pac. Theyre just trying to make fun, catchy stuff. And they do it well.

I respect your opinion though, music is subjective.

Thats not really true. Boosie, Gucci, Dolph, Blac youngstah, Kevin Gates, 21 savage, Meek Mill, are all new guys that are lyrical. Even Kodak when he first got famous was a bit more lyrical. Kodak probably saw that guys like Lil pump where able to put out way more music by just saying stupid schit to a hot beat and decided to change over to that.

Yah that is straight up wrong. Did you not listen to the song at all? The first 2 verses are about him and XXXtentatcions relationship and then comparing XXXs death to malcolm Xs death. Which is laughable. *** was some random trash rapper who was never involved in the street schit and malcolm is a legend. Then he ran out of things to say about *** and completely changed the topic of the song for the 3rd verse.
Ur just proving my point, the song is about XXXs death and Kodaks Relatioship with him, and he used Malcom X as inspiration for the song, the song was had nothing to do with Malcom X life specifically. Ur statement on XXXs death is also an opinion, to many people he touched, and there were plenty of riots when he died, that just shows how much he influenced people. Lastly he didn't run out of anything to say, because he talked about visiting Xs Mom and how both of their situations are similiar and people are trying to stop them from reaching there full potential, obviously X his dead so he wasn't able to reach his full potential but Kodak still can. That's why Kodak talked about going to college, he also talked about how they were both famous and now people care about them. Obviously you wasn't able to make the connection between the first 2 verses and the last. The Whole song was comparing Kodak and *** there life and situations, then he went on to compare their deaths because both Kodak and *** were trying to reach their full potential but there own people are trying to stop them, thats when the Malcom X comparison comes in because they were killed by their own people. They were stop from reaching their full potential and labeled as trash before any of the fame happened.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kodak when he was a Jit was fire, fame made him rap the way he raps now.

In my opinion, this isn't good lol. Nas was 19 and 20 when he recorded Illmatic. Pac was 20 when he dropped 2Pacalypse Now. Scarface was 23 when he recorded The Diary. Big L was 19/20 when he recorded Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous. I could go on and on. To each their own but 99% percent of the popular rappers these days aren't in the same universe as a lot of the rappers that were dropping albums in the 90's. Just one man's opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
This isn't good lol. Nas was 19 and 20 when he recorded Illmatic. Pac was 20 when he dropped 2Pacalypse Now. Scarface was 23 when he recorded The Diary. Big L was 19/20 when he recorded Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous. I could go on and on. To each their own but 99% percent of the popular rappers these days aren't in the same universe as a lot of the rappers that were dropping albums in the 90's.
You're comparing different eras, and comparing different regions. J Cole is from the south but he was educated, so the **** he spit growing up was on that same oh **** level. If you think you're going to get someone from Pompano to sound like Nas, or Pac you have another thing coming. You also have to consider the influences in their lives, its not fair to compare Pac who's mom was a Black Panther, and step father is Mutulu Shaker to Kodak who had none of that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only one trying to be some great thinker is only you. Nothings wrong saying that you got cars, jewelry, and ur sipping good alcohol now, because before you was poor and had nothing but crime to rely on. Its the basic, I came from the gutter now look at me, my mindset has changed and the people around me have change, song. If you cant see that then I don't know what to say, because its quite simple.

You're interpreting a Kodak Black song, and I'm the one trying to be a great thinker? You and Socrates the rapper can enjoy each other's company, I'm going back to complaining about football.

Advertisement
You're interpreting a Kodak Black song, and I'm the one trying to be a great thinker? You and Socrates the rapper can enjoy each other's company, I'm going back to complaining about football.

Rodin is smiling.

Fw8WHmq3IqpHy.gif

Ur just proving my point, the song is about XXXs death and Kodaks Relatioship with him, and he used Malcom X as inspiration for the song, the song was had nothing to do with Malcom X life specifically. Ur statement on XXXs death is also an opinion, to many people he touched, and there were plenty of riots when he died, that just shows how much he influenced people. Lastly he didn't run out of anything to say, because he talked about visiting Xs Mom and how both of their situations are similiar and people are trying to stop them from reaching there full potential, obviously X his dead so he wasn't able to reach his full potential but Kodak still can. That's why Kodak talked about going to college, he also talked about how they were both famous and now people care about them. Obviously you wasn't able to make the connection between the first 2 verses and the last. The Whole song was comparing Kodak and *** there life and situations, then he went on to compare their deaths because both Kodak and *** were trying to reach their full potential but there own people are trying to stop them, thats when the Malcom X comparison comes in because they were killed by their own people. They were stop from reaching their full potential and labeled as trash before any of the fame happened.

So it was about Malcolm X. Malcolm was not labeled as trash. LMFAO. That is a joke. *** was labeled as trash because he sucked at rapping and was a ****sta. Kodak is a joke for saying he got killed because he didn't have a pole. If he had a pole he wouldn't know what to do with it. When malcolm died he had real gs at his funeral upset. People still talk about him to this day. When *** died a bunch of teenaged junkies where crying about it and no one is going to talk about him in 10 years.

Kodak just made the song to squash all the stories about him getting *** whacked. The 3rd verse was just him running out of things to say about the guy so he had to switch it up about himself. This is a joke compared to the classics like letter to Big and ayo Kato. Chicago has tons of good "letter" songs that came out recently when Boss Trell and JoJo and a few others got whacked.

Ah yeah this isn’t about Kodak. It’s about Chads talent. Stop making everything into an argument

Kodak literally ruined the songs. Just because he is a Cane we don't need to pretend to like his music. I actually liked his mixtape he put out, but I would never listen to any of those 3 songs.

Advertisement
Back