Chad Glasgow as UM's Potential New DC Could Be a Home Run Hire

Chad Glasgow as UM's potential new DC would be a home run hire that makes the most sense from a schematic point and program development. TCU plays fundementally sound defense that is based on attacking, this is what Manny's defense is supposed to look like and doesn't need elite players, just fast players.

He has been at TCU for more than a decade, he knows TCU's 4-2-5 defense and has developed countless all Americans and NFL players as a DB position coach (we have a killer safety room so this would be ideal in keeping the players from transferring). He left TCU once to go to Texas Tech an that was a disastrous 1 year. For years Glasgow has been in Gary Patterson's shadow an coming to Miami would allow him to step out and trully call his own defense (does this sound familiar Coach Banda). Bringing a seasoned coach for a few years would also Manny to see where his defensive scheme can be fixed/adjusted. Glasgow will be expensive simply because it has to be worth his while to leave his friend and mentor Gary Paterson. The biggest issue I could see is maybe cultural fit since he is a Texas/ Oklahoma country boy hard ***, an south Florida is a little different.

@Coach Macho @gogeta4 @DMoney what are your thoughts on TCU's scheme and Coach Glasgow fitting in at Miami and more importantly with Coach Diaz?

Go Canes

What makes him our "potential" new DC? Does he actually have interest or is this just another wet dream?

Advertisement
Is there talk or is this just speculation? I thought the water cooler talk was “ No respectable coach wound coach under Manny because he’d be looking over his shoulder”. When some ish really happens, let me know.

Paterson semi calls the defense so Glasgow has decades of experience working for a controlling Head Coach. So coming to Miami would give him a lot more autonomy since he would be here to teach Manny the TCU 4-2-5 variant. Then in a few years Manny can resurrect his coaching Tree.

Go Canes

Advertisement
The more I research Traviris "T-Rob" Robinson's defense ( aka will Muschamp's defense read n react) vs what we can recruit to Miami long term and our current scheme I have to double down an say Chad Glasgow and TCU's attacking defensive schematic would be a much better fit at Miami where we can recruit smaller but faster players.

Last edited:
I'd love to get him here but Glasgow has been in Texas for 20 years.

Even if we want him, it would take a ******* lot of convincing to get him here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s not the right ppl in place to beat good teams. We improved but not vs ranked teams that are good. We stayed the same, sucked.
I hate to state the obvious but we did not "stay the same." The offense was much better, and fun to watch. If you want to argue that's not good enough for you to have enjoyed anything about this season, ok, that's your perogative.

Advertisement
Chad Glasgow as UM's potential new DC would be a home run hire that makes the most sense from a schematic point and program development. TCU plays fundementally sound defense that is based on attacking, this is what Manny's defense is supposed to look like and doesn't need elite players, just fast players.

He has been at TCU for more than a decade, he knows TCU's 4-2-5 defense and has developed countless all Americans and NFL players as a DB position coach (we have a killer safety room so this would be ideal in keeping the players from transferring). He left TCU once to go to Texas Tech an that was a disastrous 1 year. For years Glasgow has been in Gary Patterson's shadow an coming to Miami would allow him to step out and trully call his own defense (does this sound familiar Coach Banda). Bringing a seasoned coach for a few years would also Manny to see where his defensive scheme can be fixed/adjusted. Glasgow will be expensive simply because it has to be worth his while to leave his friend and mentor Gary Paterson. The biggest issue I could see is maybe cultural fit since he is a Texas/ Oklahoma country boy hard ***, an south Florida is a little different.

@Coach Macho @gogeta4 @DMoney what are your thoughts on TCU's scheme and Coach Glasgow fitting in at Miami and more importantly with Coach Diaz?

Go Canes

We’ve had great success with Oklahoma/Texas country boys: Butch Davis, Jimmy Johnson.

I hate to state the obvious but we did not "stay the same." The offense was much better, and fun to watch. If you want to argue that's not good enough for you to have enjoyed anything about this season, ok, that's your perogative.
Offense didn’t do much against good teams either. 17 and 26 in blowout losses.

Advertisement
Back