Chad Glasgow as UM's Potential New DC Could Be a Home Run Hire

Y’all are hilarious with this culture nonsense.
Lashlee was doing visits in cowboy boots and tight jeans and we grabbed some quality offensive recruits. Dugans was literally riding around in a donk and couldn’t land anything.

Advertisement
Chad Glasgow as UM's potential new DC would be a home run hire that makes the most sense from a schematic point and program development. TCU plays fundementally sound defense that is based on attacking, this is what Manny's defense is supposed to look like and doesn't need elite players, just fast players.

He has been at TCU for more than a decade, he knows TCU's 4-2-5 defense and has developed countless all Americans and NFL players as a DB position coach (we have a killer safety room so this would be ideal in keeping the players from transferring). He left TCU once to go to Texas Tech an that was a disastrous 1 year. For years Glasgow has been in Gary Patterson's shadow an coming to Miami would allow him to step out and trully call his own defense (does this sound familiar Coach Banda). Bringing a seasoned coach for a few years would also Manny to see where his defensive scheme can be fixed/adjusted. Glasgow will be expensive simply because it has to be worth his while to leave his friend and mentor Gary Paterson. The biggest issue I could see is maybe cultural fit since he is a Texas/ Oklahoma country boy hard ***, an south Florida is a little different.

@Coach Macho @gogeta4 @DMoney what are your thoughts on TCU's scheme and Coach Glasgow fitting in at Miami and more importantly with Coach Diaz?

Go Canes

Don’t know the guy but I believe JJ was an Okie and he worked out just fine in the state of Miami

Anyone who can

teach the fundamentals of tackling, coverage, angles, setting edges, run fits, etc

can inspire the players to trust him and play hard

implement a good sound scheme on top of it

Advertisement
So by this logic, just do nothing, keep Baker and backslide?

Manny was still the head coach and James the athletic director, but Miami hired Rhett Lashlee and brought in D'Eriq King—both of which improved an anemic offense.

Miami needs a defensive guy that doesn't need babysitting. Baker is way over his skis.

Bring in Charlie Strong. Florida recruiting ties, veteran hard-*** defensive coordinator and stock has dropped after two head coaching failures. Currently an analyst at Alabama and needs a higher-profile gig to start re-climbing the career ladder.

Let Manolo go back to trying to play CEO, as it's a waste of his time an energy to have to play part-time defensive coordinator.

I agree with everything you say, but I’m not sold on Strong. Don’t like the trajectory of his career. If you can sell me on him, I’ll listen

Mopes will always answer that the solution is to clearly fire everyone after they don't work in 2 years and start over each time. They would have fired Dabo and almost any other great HC before the ever had a chance lol.
Just FYI the defensive staph will be going Into their 6th season. How many more seasons do you think is appropriate? 10? 20?

Advertisement
cant be any worse cultural fit than Louisiana trash blake baker. Plus at this point, who gives a fvck what SoFla kids think?

We got SoFla kids wearing 26 who can't even tackle or take proper angles. Or "3 stars who would be 5 stars anywhere else in the country" tweeting at fans 14 minutes after losing a bowl game.
Who the **** worries about culture fit when hiring a coach? The best one in our history is from small town Texas and went to college at Arkansas.

Don't know what any of that means but he hasn't shown any ability to field a capable defense away from Gary Patterson. I wouldn't trust him to do that under Diaz.

We just need the fundamentals of TCU's defense to marry with Manny style of play. It would be the most compatible with the scheme Manny runs.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Y’all are hilarious with this culture nonsense.
Lashlee was doing visits in cowboy boots and tight jeans and we grabbed some quality offensive recruits. Dugans was literally riding around in a donk and couldn’t land anything.
He landed almost 4 stars exclusively to be fair.

His bust rate just happens to be almost 100% though lol

"The biggest issue I could see is maybe cultural fit since he is a Texas/Oklahoma"

I seem to remember UM hiring a coach from the state of Oklahoma that went 52-9 here. He seemed to have thrived culturally at UM.

Who the **** worries about culture fit when hiring a coach? The best one in our history is from small town Texas and went to college at Arkansas.
To be fair, that small town was on the water and he grew up doing all the things we do here in SoFla. This place was a perfect culture fit for jimmy.

Advertisement
And obviously I look forward to moving this program forward. I think we have great days ahead, a great staff, great coaches and I'm looking forward to bringing us back to the top." -blake james 2013

Since then we've gone 63-39 since his arrival. Three head coaches in he has not done what he said he would.

So by this logic, just do nothing, keep Baker and backslide?

Manny was still the head coach and James the athletic director, but Miami hired Rhett Lashlee and brought in D'Eriq King—both of which improved an anemic offense.

Miami needs a defensive guy that doesn't need babysitting. Baker is way over his skis.

Bring in Charlie Strong. Florida recruiting ties, veteran hard-*** defensive coordinator and stock has dropped after two head coaching failures. Currently an analyst at Alabama and needs a higher-profile gig to start re-climbing the career ladder.

Let Manolo go back to trying to play CEO, as it's a waste of his time an energy to have to play part-time defensive coordinator.

No one like Charlie Strong is going to come and coach under Manny Diaz, that is the fallacy in hiring someone with no head coaching experience at this level, you will never attract the rest of the cast that you need at this level! Why do our BOT's not understand this concept???

Is there talk or is this just speculation? I thought the water cooler talk was “ No respectable coach wound coach under Manny because he’d be looking over his shoulder”. When some ish really happens, let me know.

Advertisement
Back