CFN: ACC Predicitons

Advertisement
My initial reaction is

C2A38CC1-618E-4010-BB46-C5C8DCD5D6AC.gif

… but after reflecting on the strength of our schedule (tough road matchups) and weakness along the trenches and the front 7, I thought

159B5205-55EF-443A-A22C-05FAC4DBCA1A.gif

…but then I read D$‘s spring practice recap, and fell into the annual trap of soaking in the pre-season sunshine pumping and now believe our portal transfers (confirmed and pending) will make a massive difference, so I ended up here:

8146CBFF-CA3D-49D2-A9B5-B0E447F2F7B9.gif
8ABB2A17-CE40-404B-8AFA-9460B9A624FA.gif

3rd in the Coastal?

That could easily happen. Today I’m still siding with 8-4 until I see what transfers are coming in.

You are what your record says you are. We had hella close games last year.

Some we won
NCST
Pitt
Georgia Tech

some we didn’t.
FSU
UNC
UVA

How can anyone proclaim 10-2, 11-1, or 12-0 with our performances. Yes we have better coaches but we need DUDES.

Until the games start or I see more transfers I’m in wait and see mode on this defense being good enough to will us to a higher record.

Y’all really trusting the DJ iveys? Our DL which scares no one? And our LBs?

I hope everyone steps it up. But I’m not that mad at the 7-9 win predictions.

I got us at 8-4 until we see the rest of the transfer group.

Pitt is so overrated. will finish 8-4 or 7-5
That’s where the article has them……8-4.

I won’t be surprised with their season. 8-4-11-1 looks possible their schedule is weak as ****. But they have some MEN on defense. They have the best WR in the country.

Their entire returning OL made ALL-ACC teams.

They will be tough out for whoever they play IMO.

Advertisement
3rd in the Coastal?

That could easily happen. Today I’m still siding with 8-4 until I see what transfers are coming in.

You are what your record says you are. We had hella close games last year.

Some we won
NCST
Pitt
Georgia Tech

some we didn’t.
FSU
UNC
UVA

How can anyone proclaim 10-2, 11-1, or 12-0 with our performances. Yes we have better coaches but we need DUDES.

Until the games start or I see more transfers I’m in wait and see mode on this defense being good enough to will us to a higher record.

Y’all really trusting the DJ iveys? Our DL which scares no one? And our LBs?

I hope everyone steps it up. But I’m not that mad at the 7-9 win predictions.

I got us at 8-4 until we see the rest of the transfer group.

9-3

Without being accused as a Homer, let me preface what I am about to say with, this team as it is currently constructed is not quite ready to contend for a NC. With that said it is important to remember that outside of 2 games last yr, every single game against a P5 opponent was either decided in an outright win, or a less than 7-pt loss. What this means is last yr's team could've easily won 10 games. Which also means a complete roster overhaul may not be necessary in order to achieve that win total this upcoming yr. Simply improved coaching, and depth at certain positions may be all that is required. Every CFB season has these sort of 1-yr turnaround stories. Baylor & Mich.St are two such examples from last yr. While it is true there are no consolation prizes in sports, contextualizing W's & L's helps to properly assess where this program is on its road back to becoming a preeminent force within CFB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Without being accused as a Homer, let me preface what I am about to say with, this team as it is currently constructed is not quite ready to contend for a NC. With that said it is important to remember that outside of 2 games last yr, every single game against a P5 opponent was either decided in a blowout win, or a less than 7-pt loss. What this means is last yr's team could've easily won 10 games. Which also means a complete roster overhaul may not be necessary in order to achieve that win total this upcoming yr. Simply improved coaching, and depth at certain positions may be all that is required. Every CFB season has these sort of 1-yr turnaround stories. Baylor & Mich.St are two such examples from last yr. While it is true there are no consolation prizes in sports, contextualizing W's & L's helps to properly assess where this program is on its road back to becoming a preeminent force within the sport.

I hear you man.

We could have had 10 wins if the close games swung the other way for the good guys.

The close games we did win what if we didn’t. We would have been 4-8.

That’s also the reality of our team. We COULD absolutely run 10+ win seasons with the rosters we’ve had.

I’m loving the Cristobal hire but this University needs to produce now it’s team.

6-8 wins has basically been us since we joined the ACC.

I will say I love the direction we are heading in. But barring some game changing transfers I’m not judging Cristobal for this season or even the next one.

Year 3 with Cristobal and all his stud recruits is where I’m interested in seeing where we are.

That’s also the reality of our team. We COULD absolutely run 10+ win seasons with the rosters we’ve had.

I’m loving the Cristobal hire but this University needs to produce now it’s team.

6-8 wins has basically been us since we joined the ACC.

What you're saying is true. It's difficult to be optimistic about the prospects of a 10-win season, when our reality has been mediocrity. But do you think this current roster is more talented than the one Richt inherited in 16' ? Every yr is its own identity, but I think this current roster will end up being much more talented & better coached than the one Richt had his 1st yr.

Advertisement
Until we prove otherwise, this is a pretty fair take I think. We could just have easily lost three more games last year as we could have won three more, and our floor is still lower than our fan base wants to admit without several more starter quality portal adds this year. Having a strong QB helps the both the floor and ceiling though and I think I am higher on ours than they are. I think our floor is 7-5, ceiling 10-2, likely record is 8-4.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back