Center

ABizzle

Recruit
This is a position that has me intrigued.. I wouldnt say worried, but I am very curious as to how this will develop..
Who will take over Tyler in such a key position of the offense? Will it be McDermott? I see lots of people pencil in Linder... not sure how much center he played at st.thomas.. but im very interested to know how this will develop... I remember seeing Shane at one of the practices and I thought to myself... 'He seems kinda small for a Center'.... but then again he was standing next to Seantrel... let me know what you guys think.. U concerned? Would love to hear D$'s thoughts

Advertisement
My hope is that Bunche/Wheeler emerges to play either G or T (allowing Feliciano to move inside) allowing Linder to play center

Advertisement
McDermott will most likely be our center.

Realize that's where he played, but if Linder slides to C, it could allow us to get Bunche and Feliciano on the field with one them moving to RG, hopefully Feliciano. That would give us a potentioa starting 5 of

LT: Henderson
LG: Washington
C: Linder:
RG: Feliciano
RT: Bunche

That has the potential to be a dynamic OL IMO. Add in Wheeler and McDermott for depth.

McDermott will most likely be our center.

Realize that's where he played, but if Linder slides to C, it could allow us to get Bunche and Feliciano on the field with one them moving to RG, hopefully Feliciano. That would give us a potentioa starting 5 of

LT: Henderson
LG: Washington
C: Linder:
RG: Feliciano
RT: Bunche

That has the potential to be a dynamic OL IMO. Add in Wheeler and McDermott for depth.

I really do like that lineup alot. I just think for to long now we have been playing guys out of position due to lack of depth, injuries, etc.Moving Franklin over, moving Seantrel around, Washington around... I think the time has come to have the players play their positions. This best 5 crap surely didnt cut it for us this year because we could not run the ball. Miller racked up those yards on long runs. He absolutely earned every yard he ran for, but he was constantly being stuffed behind or at the line and not doing anything BUT busting one or 2 a game... and in the stretch that he didnt bust one his yards those games were WAY down. Linder is not a natural center and McDermott is... I really like Linder at tackle eventually but he can be a really good guard too. I I guess its just wishful thinking that I want the natural players at their positions such as:

LT - Seantrel
LG - Wash
C - Mcdermott
RG - Linder/Felice
RT - Bunche/Johnson

I would have to assume that McDermott will be taking over at Center given that he was the backup this year... Assuming that to be the case.. we would hope to see

1st Team
LT-Seantrel
LG - Big Black
C - McDermott
RG - Linder
RT - Feliciano/Bunche

2nd Team
LT-Feliciano/Bunche/J.Johnson
LG-Wheeler/Lewis
C- ??????
RG - Wheeler/Lewis
RT - Feliciano/Bunche/J.Johnson

Advertisement
I would have to assume that McDermott will be taking over at Center given that he was the backup this year... Assuming that to be the case.. we would hope to see

1st Team
LT-Seantrel
LG - Big Black
C - McDermott
RG - Linder
RT - Feliciano/Bunche

2nd Team
LT-Feliciano/Bunche/J.Johnson
LG-Wheeler/Lewis
C- ??????
RG - Wheeler/Lewis
RT - Feliciano/Bunche/J.Johnson

thats a scary thought. that, AGAIN, means we are going to have to move someone over for depth at the position unless we bring in a freshmen and put him there from the beginning. i could see them trying wheeler at C if he has ANY kind of snapping skills at all.

I'm no football guru, but Center is much more than snapping skills... I think I would be very very worried if wheeler is our backup Center.. you would think that Linder will have to get some reps given that he played Center in High School.. serious Depth issues... Your back up Center should be your Back Up center... Not your starting Right Guard... I'm really interested to see what this recruiting class is going to look like.. Not to get off topic.. but we will have 6 scholarship linebackers on the ENTIRE ROSTER.. SIX.. thats unheard of.. its gonna take some time to build that depth and to most importantly start redshirting kids... In Golden we trust.

Seeing McDermott live in some games ... I'm not sure he's big enough yet to man that role. Not sure how much he weighs, but he looks smaller than the rest of our OL.

Advertisement
Linder has played almost all, if not all of the o-line positions so he's obviously smart enough to make all the line calls. If Mcdermott can be as effective there and Linder is Miami's next best option at G them move him there.

henderson
washington
linder or mcdermott
wheeler or linder or bunche or feliciano
Feliciano or bunche

I come from McDermott's area and are close with a lot of people that know his family. They all seemed pretty **** surprised he got a Miami offer.

There hasn't been a hard nosed football player come out of Wellington in it's entire history. (Most players from Palm Beach Central aren't from Wellington). Wellington is a factory for soft white kids.

This pick sums up the mentality of Wellington Florida.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/08/06/

A little toungue in cheek here guys, but prove me wrong Shane.

This is a position that has me intrigued.. I wouldnt say worried, but I am very curious as to how this will develop..
Who will take over Tyler in such a key position of the offense? Will it be McDermott? I see lots of people pencil in Linder... not sure how much center he played at st.thomas.. but im very interested to know how this will develop... I remember seeing Shane at one of the practices and I thought to myself... 'He seems kinda small for a Center'.... but then again he was standing next to Seantrel... let me know what you guys think.. U concerned? Would love to hear D$'s thoughts

Linder played quite a bit of center at St. Thomas (started there in 2007) and he was our backup center as a freshman. He recently played center against FAMU and, IIRC, the Army game.

McDermott looked like a walk-on when he got here, but he's gotten bigger. Still, Linder at C allows us to get our five most talented linemen (Seantrel, Washington, Linder, Feliciano, Bunche) on the field at the same time.

Advertisement
Good to hear about Linder's experience at Center. This kid is special. Let's see how this plays out and hopefully we can rely on the O-Line to be one of our strengths

Advertisement
Back