2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
No they aren’t lmao. Paid interview. I know this isn’t anything new but it’s starting to get absurd the amount of anti-Miami bull**** they are allowed to publish. We are safely in the lead here, relax.
"it’s starting to get absurd " This. Absolutely ridiculous. Everything they write. Ferman moving his site there is going to be interesting. Rivals National writers have been so anti Miami but ON3 is giving them a run for their money

Advertisement
Recruiting has been so ****** boring for months now.
That is the downside of there being so much more activity then usual this early in the year. At some point, things have to calm down. I think we are going into the period where kids will be radio silent until late July-early Aug about which teams really will have a shot and which teams will be dropped off. Top 7s will turn into top 3-5s quickly. Final NIL bids will be submitted, etc.

Ok, i never been on On3 so what im picking up is they are anti Miami. But here is my question, how is it on them when they are using his quotes? They didn't mention any other school bu Bama, so how is that anti Miami and not just pro Bama.

Not being antagonistic. Just trying to understand. They have quotes in there

Ok, i never been on On3 so what im picking up is they are anti Miami. But here is my question, how is it on them when they are using his quotes? They didn't mention any other school bu Bama, so how is that anti Miami and not just pro Bama.

247 is a subscription website disguised as a recruiting website. They at least try to be somewhat unbiased and show unbiased rankings. Keyword is they try to do that. They fail more often than not.

On3 is just a subscription website. They don't even try to be a recruiting website. They're only in it for the subs.

Advertisement
"it’s starting to get absurd " This. Absolutely ridiculous. Everything they write. Ferman moving his site there is going to be interesting. Rivals National writers have been so anti Miami but ON3 is giving them a run for their money
On3 doesn't even attempt to hide it, 0 journalistic integrity (although, this is common practice within the industry in the 21st century) Whatever schleps moved on from 247 were fiending for that type of unquestioned autonomy lol. I refuse to ever click anything from On3, fuq their click/ad revenue.

on3 is not "anti-Miami" in the classic sense. They simply DO NOT have a Miami site (yet) or Miami writers (yet), so anything that they have to say (or not say) about Miami is a product of that.

As for journalistic integrity, a 17 year old kid can say anything at a given moment. "I like Alabama the most right now". OK, that could just be some innocent exuberant statement. A couple of things should be done first, before breathlessly reporting on that one sentence. First, the writer can ask a FOLLOW-UP question to confirm the meaning of those words. "Would you say that Alabama has taken the lead in your recruitment?". Another thing is that the headline writer probably should not write words that are not consistent with the quote. If a kid likes Alabama the most, but Alabama has not been recruiting him that much in the past, it doesn't mean Alabama has "taken the lead", and it is intentionally misleading for a headline to say something that the article does not really say.

And stop with the stuff about something being "just pro Alabama" and "not anti Miami" when the article both intentionally omits discussion of the school which has been his leader all along (Miami), and then couples that with an overstatement and/or mislead about one statement the kid makes. This is why a lot of these 17 year old kids feel burned by these ridiculous websites, because they feel like the writers are "friendly" and just want to "give the kid exposure", but then the writers take very NICE statements and turn them into something the kid didn't actually say. A lot of these kids are TRYING to say nice things about the school that the writer covers, and then the writer turns it into a fake horse race with "leaders" and "laggards" and "winners" and "losers", when all the kid was trying to do was to be complimentary.

It's a joke. And if you can't figure out that an Alabama writer has an agenda and has a REASON to passive-aggressively shade another school, then I guess we can't help you to understand what is going on. I'm not saying EVERY writer does it, but when it's done, it's pretty obvious.

Maybe some folks should just hang out with MackBammer and talk about how Alabama really isn't so bad...and I'm not trying to sound harsh or bash you, I've simply lost my patience with people who think that misquoting 17 year old kids is just a bunch of innocent mistakes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They have a pretty good deal going as well, 1$ for your first 12 months

If you can’t see on3’s agenda here then stop following them.
They’re either begging for clicks or on somebody’s payroll and likely both. We weren’t anywhere in the picture with Tripp’s commitment according to them.
This, people need to relax. Recruiting is always a bumpy ride.

on3 is not "anti-Miami" in the classic sense. They simply DO NOT have a Miami site (yet) or Miami writers (yet), so anything that they have to say (or not say) about Miami is a product of that.

As for journalistic integrity, a 17 year old kid can say anything at a given moment. "I like Alabama the most right now". OK, that could just be some innocent exuberant statement. A couple of things should be done first, before breathlessly reporting on that one sentence. First, the writer can ask a FOLLOW-UP question to confirm the meaning of those words. "Would you say that Alabama has taken the lead in your recruitment?". Another thing is that the headline writer probably should not write words that are not consistent with the quote. If a kid likes Alabama the most, but Alabama has not been recruiting him that much in the past, it doesn't mean Alabama has "taken the lead", and it is intentionally misleading for a headline to say something that the article does not really say.

And stop with the stuff about something being "just pro Alabama" and "not anti Miami" when the article both intentionally omits discussion of the school which has been his leader all along (Miami), and then couples that with an overstatement and/or mislead about one statement the kid makes. This is why a lot of these 17 year old kids feel burned by these ridiculous websites, because they feel like the writers are "friendly" and just want to "give the kid exposure", but then the writers take very NICE statements and turn them into something the kid didn't actually say. A lot of these kids are TRYING to say nice things about the school that the writer covers, and then the writer turns it into a fake horse race with "leaders" and "laggards" and "winners" and "losers", when all the kid was trying to do was to be complimentary.

It's a joke. And if you can't figure out that an Alabama writer has an agenda and has a REASON to passive-aggressively shade another school, then I guess we can't help you to understand what is going on. I'm not saying EVERY writer does it, but when it's done, it's pretty obvious.

Maybe some folks should just hang out with MackBammer and talk about how Alabama really isn't so bad...and I'm not trying to sound harsh or bash you, I've simply lost my patience with people who think that misquoting 17 year old kids is just a bunch of innocent mistakes.
Wiltfong dropped a cb for Bain.
He just dropped almost 40 spots.
This happens every cycle.
Jeudy and Brooks were in the 20’s at receiver. They commit to Bama and both became top 3 overnight. No new film or camps.
The agenda exists.

Advertisement
Happy subscribers renew subscriptions.

Jeudy and Brooks were in the 20’s at receiver. They commit to Bama and both became top 3 overnight. No new film or camps.
The agenda exists.
**** yea, it exists!

The agenda exists.

The rankings were shuffled 6/3, and he dropped 33 spots in the composite. HOWEVER, that was due to a drop in the Rivals rankings. His 247 ranking remains unchanged. Wiltfong put in a CB on 6/6, after he dropped. Wiltfong works for 247. Not Rivals.

Bro i didn't read through all that but you telling me to stop the pro Bama stuff, i clearly explain why i said that. Its not that they didn't mention Miami, they didnt mention any other school other than Bama, so why is it just anti Miami when USC, UF whoever can feel slighted? Thats more pro Bama than anything because they didnt mention any other school. Clear as day the point i was making..now u can resume crying.

Advertisement
Back