2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

I’d be shocked if Young and Baxter both end up at bama.
Same here. Too much competition with the NIL and Bama will not be able to stack classes like they did before. Plus, I think Bama using the portal to bring in one year mercenaries will unltimately blow up in their faces. It might win them another NC this year, but I am sure those players like Trey Sanders and most of the receiving core ain't going to be happy about it. This will have trickle down effect to potential recruits.

Advertisement
Same here. Too much competition with the NIL and Bama will not be able to stack classes like they did before. Plus, I think Bama using the portal to bring in one year mercenaries will unltimately blow up in their faces. It might win them another NC this year, but I am sure those players like Trey Sanders and most of the receiving core ain't going to be happy about it. This will have trickle down effect to potential recruits.
Schools should be negatively recruiting against bama. Telling kids do you really want to play for a snitch *** coach who said doesn’t want kids getting paid nil money.when he gets paid millions.

This feels like that loaded RB class where we thought we would end up with at least two and all we ended up with was Walton.

I believe that’s the year their were 4 RB Miami was in good spot with and we **** the bed.

Too much Rb talent in state to not get 1
I remember that year. It was Scarlett, Cronkite, and one kid who eventually ended up at ND.

Advertisement
7DCE9C39-7464-415F-8D51-BB8CBDD9329B.jpeg

Advertisement
Wiltfong spoke to his father. He said they are trying to get down to Miami next weekend- 6/3. Texas has OV scheduled for June 10th. They may go to TAMU at the end of June.

Texas RB coach Tashard Choice has been recruiting him the longest - Baxter Sr, says the family has a great relationship with him.

Regarding A&M, Baxter Sr. said they love Tommie Robinson as well. Kevin Smith has been leading the charge for the Hurricanes and making an impression as well.

" The Hurricanes had the best practice I’v seen when I went down there. It was intense.” - Baxter Sr.

“Right now I don’t think anybody is sticking out, it’s pretty even, I do know he likes them all,” Baxter Sr. said.

Advertisement
Obviously an OV is important. Do we want him to OV already or later on once the season starts? Not sure if he has a target commit date?

Advertisement
100%

Saban doesn't give a **** about us until we prove we're legit competition and not just a flash in the pan. People gotta remember, he was Mario's head coach and knows Mario as well as any competitor out there.

Bama is still the biggest offer in the country. Others have won NC's in the Saban Era, but nobody has shown the staying power he has.

Baxter, everyone would be happy to have him. He's my number two in the country, Owens is my one. I like Young, but there's a big falloff to him for me from those two and anyone.

I'm not sure what the holdup was in the concerted effort they may be sending his way now though. I've learned to never bet against Bama recruiting if they're really on someone, but you still keep plugging away.

He doesn’t give a ****, but he was just complaining and calling out Miami for the money they gave a player to his boosters, givers and alumni 😂. Miami flipped Skinner last year too, but OK ‘Saban doesn’t give a ****’ about Miami even though he specifically mentioned Miami . . .

BREAKING NEWS : Miami is RELEVANT! The defeatist mentality among some so called Canes fans here on CIS is fckn insufferable. Smh

Semantics aside, this isn't very hard...

Is Nick Saban concerned about the state of NIL and how it is positively impacting UM football? Yes, otherwise he wouldn't have even mentioned UM & Ruiz.
Is UM's potential upswing in recruiting (off our coaching hires, administrative commitment, and new NIL $$$) on Saban's radar? Of course. He stays informed.
Is Nick Saban scared to go head-to-head with any school (including UM) for top shelf talent? Absolutely not. His resume recruiting speaks for itself.
Is Nick Saban going to recruit a kid he thinks is less talented than some other kid just to spite Miami? That's laughable. He goes after the best talent.

My guess is they’re getting their ducks in a row in case Young ends up committing elsewhere.

But what I hope we’re doing is making sure we have a backup plan as well.

It explains our recent re-interest in Fletcher, but I would love if we started to make a push for prospects like Samuel Singleton or Kaleb Jackson.
Robinson out of San Diego over both imo

Advertisement
Back