cbs ranks college football coaches

Malzahn and Mullen ahead of Richt is stupid. IDK about Lincoln Riley- he's hard to rank at this point. We'll have a better feel for him after about 2019 once he's playing without Stoop's players.

One reason why I think Riley might be the real deal is because he's largely credited for having revived Stoop's career over his last few years after Stoops had been slipping a bit. He was more respected as an assistant coach than people like Larry Coker, Frank Solich and Mark Helfrich were. Riley won the 2015 Broyles Award.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cutcliffe should be higher than 21.
Seriously, what he has done at Duke is amazing. He's a guy that could have won big at a football school. Same with Snyder at KSU. However, I will never like DC because of his douchbaggery.

Couple of head scratchers for sure. RIcht drops 2 spots, but Jimbo moves up to 4 ??
Mullen up 8 and Malzhan moves up as well.
Frankly I'm at a loss

Advertisement
Just making point that mark is way down from were he belongs. There is Saban alone at the top but I would not take any of the 15 others ranked above him in his place. I would have taken Butch. — Butch at The U is magic. Not so much other places.

I'm just curious as to what you're basing that on. I do think Richt is a safe move, but there's a number of guys on that list I would have above him besides just Saban for you.

Advertisement
I'm just curious as to what you're basing that on. I do think Richt is a safe move, but there's a number of guys on that list I would have above him besides just Saban for you.
The only two I would consider are Urban and Dabo. Urban has coached at two of the three schools I hate the most and will go to ND next, so I just can’t stand the site of him. I think Dabo is a fake nice guy and my wife hates Clemson so he is a no go. The rest are just as risky as Mark and not Canes. I will grant that you can prefer others, sine none, including Mark are proven.

So Richt improves his win total, wins the ACC Coastal in year 2 and moves back 2 spots? Behind Chip Kelly? They give him the benefit of the doubt for success at Oregon but ignore Richt's success at Georgia. Also, Jimbo at #4? Please. He'll be more exposed this year in the SEC with a middle of the road SEC team.

I agree with everything except Malzahn, Mullen (WTF), and Synder. I think Riley should be lower and Paul Chryst. should be higher.

Advertisement
I have coach top 4 with Saban, Dabo and Meyer . But Coach Richt has always been my favorite coach and he is the perfect coach for us

Advertisement
So Richt improves his win total, wins the ACC Coastal in year 2 and moves back 2 spots? Behind Chip Kelly? They give him the benefit of the doubt for success at Oregon but ignore Richt's success at Georgia. Also, Jimbo at #4? Please. He'll be more exposed this year in the SEC with a middle of the road SEC team.

While I think Richt is probably too low, you have to be an idiot to compare what Richt did at UGA to what Chip Kelly did at Oregon.

Advertisement
Back