CBS All-Time All America Team

Advertisement
Cam newton over Tebow. Cam went undefeated with a worse team in the same conference but better division. That team was not very good that he was on and they went 3-9 the next year

Advertisement
Being a nerd and bored at work, I decided to add values to this list - 3 points for 1st Team, 2 points for 2nd Team, and 1 point for each honorable mention. Top 10 results are as follows:

1. Nebraska - 20 points
2. Miami - 17 points
3. USC - 12 points
4. Florida State - 11 points
4. Michigan - 11 points
6. Alabama - 10 points
6. Ohio State - 10 points
8. Notre Dame - 9 points
8. Pittsburgh - 9 points
10. Georgia - 7 points

Very impressive by a small private school. So many other player should of been on the list. Regardless, I'm satisfied.

What stood out to me is that Bryant Mckinnie didn’t make first team. Didn’t he not give up a sack his entire college career or something absurd like that?

Love McKinnie here, probably our best OL of my lifetime. But he wasn't better than Pace, Ogden, or Hannah in college. Can't speak to the guy from USC. I'd also put Munoz (definitely) and Boselli (probably) above him.

Tell me who matches his resume.

It's not like Tommy Frazier or Teblow were elite QB's. We're not talking NFL careers, eye tests, or arm strength here. If we were, neither of those guys would be anywhere near this conversation. When it comes to leading a team and just plain winning big games and all games, I can't think of another QB in the history of college football who has a stronger claim to be at the top of this list. Can you?

The dude went 38-2* career as a starter. To say he doesn't belong anywhere near this conversation when Timmy is on the list is patently ridiculous.

38-2*, FFS.

*-One of those losses is complete bull****.
We’re talking about QB from the position standpoint, and as All time QB, Dorsey wouldn’t make my top 5, but he was certainly that GUY! To name a few...

Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Gino T.

Advertisement
We’re talking about QB from the position standpoint, and as All time QB, Dorsey wouldn’t make my top 5, but he was certainly that GUY! To name a few...

Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Gino T.

I won't argue with your list or criteria. Each of those three were incredibly physically gifted, definitely moreso than Dorsey.

If we're going by a criteria that has those three at the top of the list, Tommy Frazier and Teblow wouldn't be anywhere near it either. Young and Leinart both had similarly remarkable win totals and runs as starters, so you can put them in the argument with Dorsey, but he still had the most wins of the three, best win percentage and longest win streak. We can debate all day about the talent around them, value of physical attributes vs mental and emotional attributes, etc, but it's clearly not the case that Ken Dorsey doesn't even belong in the conversation.

Backing up now, if we're going to accept that those two (Frazier & Teblow) belong in the debate, I personally think it's ridiculous to say that Dorsey shouldn't be in the conversation. And you can't really even use the lack of a Heisman against Dorsey either, considering they gave it to Crouch that year because he and McGahee cancelled each other out, basically. What's the argument, you penalize the guy because he was on an all-time great team?

Dorsey appears to be extraordinarily underappreciated by the football world in general, but particularly disappointingly so by this fan base. I get having high standards, but this guy achieved as much or more in college as any QB in this school's history.

Last edited:
Sean Taylor should have been First Team.

Over the course of a career, Hester is the greatest returner. Rocket was special no doubt (I unfortunately watched him return one on us in ND stadium) but Hester is the GOAT.

Cortez Kennedy, Wilfork, Jerome Brown. All missing.

Ray Lewis instead of at least one of the LBs listed.

Dan Morgan was also incredibly productive in CFB and must be one of the most highly decorated players ever at the position (he won so many awards). Deserving of at least an honorable mention.

Sean Taylor should have been First Team.

Over the course of a career, Hester is the greatest returner. Rocket was special no doubt (I unfortunately watched him return one on us in ND stadium) but Hester is the GOAT.

Cortez Kennedy, Wilfork, Jerome Brown. All missing.

Ray Lewis instead of at least one of the LBs listed.

Dan Morgan was also incredibly productive in CFB and must be one of the most highly decorated players ever at the position (he won so many awards). Deserving of at least an honorable mention.
Dan Morgan is the most decorated at that position. First player to win the Butkus, Nugarski, and Bednarik in a career and obviously the first and I still believe only to do it in the same year. There isn't anyone who should be on that lb list before him.

Advertisement
Ron Yary was a perennial all-pro with the Vikings in the 70s.

Really solid.

USC has had a lot of really good ones in the OL.

Love McKinnie here, probably our best OL of my lifetime. But he wasn't better than Pace, Ogden, or Hannah in college. Can't speak to the guy from USC. I'd also put Munoz (definitely) and Boselli (probably) above him.

Tommy Frazier and Tim Tebow for 1st and 2nd team all-time QBs?

No. No. No.

No way.

Not even close.

I'd take Kelly, Kosar and Testaverde before those two nobodies.
When it came to the option...Tommy Frazier is probably the best to ever do it, period. But definitely not the best all time all American, lol

Advertisement
You could probably find AT LEAST one QB on every D1 team that you'd take above the 2 QBs they listed.

I mentioned 3 from us - but there are many others from Miami I'd put ahead of those two.

Just a horrible job by this rag with the QBs.

THIS

What's the use of giving them ALL Star receivers when they'd NEVER get the ball

Advertisement
Back