CB Update | Arrion Springs surprised at ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexCane

Sophomore
4/27/13: Arrion Springs was surprised at his ranking when the ESPN 150 was released last week. He never thought he would be ranked in the 150. But he’s excited to be the #44 ranked player in the nation by that media outlet. He nows has 20 offers and is one of the hottest prospects in Texas. He is really happy that one of his two favorite schools has offered; the University of Miami. In the ESPN article, it talks about his favorite schools.

“With so many offers on the table, Springs is playing this game his way. He has repeatedly called Oregon and Miami his two favorite schools. He finally landed an offer from the Hurricanes on Tuesday and wants Oregon to send coaches to Roosevelt this spring to evaluate and offer him.”

Springs has repeatedly said he wants to go to college outside of Texas. More to come…

:cigar:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gotta stay on this kid. He's gonna be a good one. We win big this year, we got this IMO.

Advertisement
Kid looked awesome at the Nike camp held down here a couple weeks ago, I hear. Probably the best DB in Texas. (BTW, University of Texas has more DBs in the NFL than any other school right now, and most 1st round DBs since 2006).

Kacey Rodgers is from Texas

Lulz

I can't remember the last time we landed a stud corner from out of state.

Doesn't mean they aren't out there, just that we've had clownshoes at HC for almost a decade prior to Golden and have made horrendous decisions about which prospects to recruit.

Advertisement

Lulz

Will never forget the FSU play last year against Kelvin Benjamin in 4th quarter where he just didn't react to the ball after seeing it in the air. After that play, I lol at anyone telling me he has a future.

To this day Antrel Rolle is the best corner I have ever seen. Receiver locked down 98% of the time. I wouldn't say we had a great corner like that since him. Harris had one good year but no way he was on Rolles level. And I hate to say it, but on this years roster I don't see any antrel's. If we have to go to Texas to find that, so be it. It's so nice to have competence back in the office.

Lulz

Will never forget the FSU play last year against Kelvin Benjamin in 4th quarter where he just didn't react to the ball after seeing it in the air. After that play, I lol at anyone telling me he has a future.

He got better as the year progressed. When he was on the field I would tell whoever I was watching with to watch KR because "they are gonna pick on him" and they did the first 8 games. Late in the year I called it and they would try him and he made a play.

If McGee can be an NFL draft pick after his first not so great 3 years, Rodgers can get better.

Some folks have that thing in them that makes them alpha on the field - they force the issue, they initiate contact, they take the risk. That's just not KC, naturally. KC is a guy who was blessed with good physical traits but mentally wasn't a naturally aggressive guy.... I think he was going out there and just trying to survive.... disappear on film, don't make a mistake. You can't play that way. After that game I'm sure he got more ridicule than we can imagine when he saw it on film, and that seemed to prod him to get more aggressive out there. It wasn't a cure, because you can only fake it so much when it's not in your nature, but he got much better. See this all the time in high school.

Advertisement
And I think that's a major difference in "style" of regime compared to the last couple. If you don't produce you will be ridiculed and motivated to get better or get to stepping.

You had guys like shields who was in Randy's "dog house" for 3 years but the crap some of these other clowns were getting away with would go unnoticed. I'm mostly referring to laziness. If there is one thing I can say about golden is he has instilled hard work and competition and its becoming the culture now.

To this day Antrel Rolle is the best corner I have ever seen. Receiver locked down 98% of the time. I wouldn't say we had a great corner like that since him. Harris had one good year but no way he was on Rolles level. And I hate to say it, but on this years roster I don't see any antrel's. If we have to go to Texas to find that, so be it. It's so nice to have competence back in the office.

Antrel Rolle and Charles Woodson were the best 2 corners i have ever seen in college. Rolle is definitely the best corner ever at Miami but kelly jennings was probably a better pure cover corner. Regardless of course there are no Antrels on this team ut the cb position has some future studs in the making just have to be patient w/ our young *** seconday.

Also i am a miami fan from GA so i dont have or understand this complex about recruiting oos kids. Especially when it seems as if diehard cane fans from the state of florida, highschool d-1 talent, love emphasizing how being a cane "fan" doesnt mean **** except that they like watching them on television... smdh.

Antrel Rolle and Charles Woodson were the best 2 corners i have ever seen in college. Rolle is definitely the best corner ever at Miami but kelly jennings was probably a better pure cover corner. Regardless of course there are no Antrels on this team ut the cb position has some future studs in the making just have to be patient w/ our young *** seconday.

Also i am a miami fan from GA so i dont have or understand this complex about recruiting oos kids. Especially when it seems as if diehard cane fans from the state of florida, highschool d-1 talent, love emphasizing how being a cane "fan" doesnt mean **** except that they like watching them on television... smdh.

in south florida they only like you when your good, before the heat got shaq there wasnt many heat fans now you cant go anywhere without seeing "die hard" heat fans

Advertisement
Some folks have that thing in them that makes them alpha on the field - they force the issue, they initiate contact, they take the risk. That's just not KC, naturally. KC is a guy who was blessed with good physical traits but mentally wasn't a naturally aggressive guy.... I think he was going out there and just trying to survive.... disappear on film, don't make a mistake. You can't play that way. After that game I'm sure he got more ridicule than we can imagine when he saw it on film, and that seemed to prod him to get more aggressive out there. It wasn't a cure, because you can only fake it so much when it's not in your nature, but he got much better. See this all the time in high school.

Although KC has had the "Deer in the Headlight" syndrome it seems a few times at safety, I saw him play pretty well up in press man coverage towards the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back