CB Stanley Garner enters the Portal

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

Local kid from Broward (Lauderhill/FTL) originally played at Coco Creek before he transferred to Dillard, played BBall & FBall in HS.

Class of 2018 DB that committed to Kentucky, is currently a Redshirt Freshman.

Listed at 6'1 186lbs, is a tall long armed frame kid with some natural athleticism, had good ball skills in HS, don't really remember what his speed was like.

He's a kid I think we should consider looking at if for nothing more than Depth purposes, we need all the help we can get at CB & he can't be any worse than Ivey.

Don't think he would be eligible to play next year for 2020, but I would still take him if he wants to transfer here.

Advertisement

Local kid from Broward (Lauderhill/FTL) originally played at Coco Creek before he transferred to Dillard, played BBall & FBall in HS.

Class of 2018 DB that committed to Kentucky, is currently a Redshirt Freshman.

Listed at 6'1 186lbs, is a tall long armed frame kid with some natural athleticism, had good ball skills in HS, don't really remember what his speed was like.

He's a kid I think we should consider looking at if for nothing more than Depth purposes, we need all the help we can get at CB & he can't be any worse than Ivey.

Don't think he would be eligible to play next year for 2020, but I would still take him if he wants to transfer here.

Did you think Ivey would struggle as much as he has to this point? Do you think he can right the ship?

Did you think Ivey would struggle as much as he has to this point? Do you think he can right the ship?
No I didn't & yes I hope so.

But in all honesty he should consider switching to Safety, because he's got bad hips, footwork & overall technique at Corner to keep up in Man coverage vs the type of WR's we face in ACC play & in this Defense you have to be a good at Press man in order to be an effective CB.

Garner was the kid i was pushing when he came out. He was a basketball guy with length. Similar to DJ Ivey.

Not sure if we would reach out
Rumph should reach out, Garner was on that Coco Creek squad that had Miguel Edwards, Marquis Williams & Tiawan Mullen before they all trasferred to other schools (except Tiawan).

Coco Creek always produces good CB's, if Malek Young didn't get injured he'd be the best CB on the team now.

Advertisement
Ivey's future is not at CB, I hope they realize this and make the switch. I would rather they play Christian Williams this year and let him get some real world experience.

For instance, I remember when Shannon switched Sam Shields to CB that Spring up at Lockhart Stadium, I knew he would become a good CB eventually because of his Speed, Hips and he was sticking right with the WR's and just needed reps. I see non of this with Ivey!!!

Ivey's future is not at CB, I hope they realize this and make the switch. I would rather they play Christian Williams this year and let him get some real world experience.

For instance, I remember when Shannon switched Sam Shields to CB that Spring up at Lockhart Stadium, I knew he would become a good CB eventually because of his Speed, Hips and he was sticking right with the WR's and just needed reps. I see non of this with Ivey!!!
Williams looked better on that kickoff tackle than Ivey has ever looked here lol

Rumph should reach out, Garner was on that Coco Creek squad that had Miguel Edwards, Marquis Williams & Tiawan Mullen before they all trasferred to other schools (except Tiawan).

Coco Creek always produces good CB's, if Malek Young didn't get injured he'd be the best CB on the team now.
Miguel was nasty really liked him out of highschool. Garner is way more fluid in his hips going off highschool. Ivey needs to work on locating the ball he struggles big time with that. Dont understand how blades isnt a starter he easily is the best corner on the team

Advertisement

Not getting Tiawan was a **** crime he could easily play here.

We need speed in our secondary we recruited to many slow dudes which has led to big play after big play

Advertisement
The thing that kills me with our CBs, is nobody has F’ing clue on how to find the ball. Ivey in the UVA game to his credit was in position but never found the ball. Idk what we are being taught. We haven’t got outright run by often. We’ve been in position but they suck at playing the ball and finding it

I’m not writing him off for all eternity. But he’s struggled. Blades was taking first team reps at practice

He's young in terms of experience. Worst case scenario he's moved to safety which is common if he doesn't pickup corner. Maybe safety is his calling like it was for Redwine who made the move and is now in the league because of it. Maybe it's another reason we have offered more corners recently. Dont know just have to see

He's young in terms of experience. Worst case scenario he's moved to safety which is common if he doesn't pickup corner. Maybe safety is his calling like it was for Redwine who made the move and is now in the league because of it. Maybe it's another reason we have offered more corners recently. Dont know just have to see
Hopefully. I will never root for one of our own to fail. Just root against the coaches putting them on bad spots. Maybe safety. But red also had a speed advantage

Advertisement
Hopefully. I will never root for one of our own to fail. Just root against the coaches putting them on bad spots. Maybe safety. But red also had a speed advantage

Manny knows defense. He knows what he's doing. He just needs to add more quality depth(portal, juco and high school)

I don't think he would make a good safety either...Never has been physical. That was one of my issues with his high school tape, kid is allergic to tackle football. I also don't think he has any ball skills at all.

Advertisement
Back