CB Dawson speaks on putting UM in his top 6

View as article
Advertisement
I agree with this. Stroud is fine for now but in my opinion he still has to show he can develop talent. He doesn’t get credit for Rousseau because he’s just a freak and also he still has a long way to go in terms of pass rushing moves. He’s still really raw and the fact that he got 15 sacks last year basically from raw physical ability shows how special he can be. Banda isn’t great but landing tae and the fact that safety play has been pretty good shows he can do his job. But rumph, patke, and baker have to go. Their recruiting is absolutely abysmal. It’s no coincidence that the best “developers” of talent are usually top recruiters.

How do you not give Stroud credit for Rousseau?

Advertisement
Idk how people continue to defend Rumph or our approach at recruiting the Cornerback position. It has been awful and always requires a miracle at the end of the cylce.
It’s not really a defense but it’s true that he’s never done the CB evals. He just coaches which is a big waste.

Advertisement
Rumph aint with the games. He will rather get a kid that keeps it 100 with him and show genuine interest then a kid who just want a Miami offer.

Until we start winning consistently, all of out coaches will recruit with 1 hand behind their back.

I’m out on rumph. I was one of his defenders. At some point we can’t be putting out subpar athletes at positions they don’t belong at and against dudes that are faster taller and more athletic. Congratulations on getting dudes to be able to play at a D1 level. But we need dudes that can play at the next level cause that’s the talent who they are gonna defend when we play bama or Clemson or any ny6 game (if we get there)

Advertisement
It’s not really a defense but it’s true that he’s never done the CB evals. He just coaches which is a big waste.

Understand that point, but he still cant close at the guys we target early on unless they have a strong connection to the University. We need a guy who can SELL. He is not a bad coach, but lets not act like he is pumping out Day 1 or Day 2 picks.

Understand that point, but he still cant close at the guys we target early on unless they have a strong connection to the University. We need a guy who can SELL. He is not a bad coach, but lets not act like he is pumping out Day 1 or Day 2 picks.
Plz explain to me how he is supposed to. Since he has been here these have been our draft eligible CBS. First year was corn and Colbert well Colbert is a safety first of all and he only had each a year. Ok Dee Delaney absolutely lost in coverage next. Jahvontae dean I have a little sister more physical than him. Malek young would have been the best one but injuries and he would've been day 2 csz of size. Trajan bandy undersized. His only mistake was how he handled cj henderson . He doesnt make the recruiting evals at all we just had a cb commit who was offered by our lb coach. How can we truly blame him when he can't pick the players he gets to coach

Advertisement
Plz explain to me how he is supposed to. Since he has been here these have been our draft eligible CBS. First year was corn and Colbert well Colbert is a safety first of all and he only had each a year. Ok Dee Delaney absolutely lost in coverage next. Jahvontae dean I have a little sister more physical than him. Malek young would have been the best one but injuries and he would've been day 2 csz of size. Trajan bandy undersized. His only mistake was how he handled cj henderson . He doesnt make the recruiting evals at all we just had a cb commit who was offered by our lb coach. How can we truly blame him when he can't pick the players he gets to coach

He cannot recruit and already has been given enough chances to prove himself. He has whiffed on a bunch of top guys. Manny's defensive hires have been underwhelming. I think he did a great job this off-season after botching the hires on offense. He needs to re-evaluate the coaches on defense. Specifically Patke and Rumph. Question, should it be concerning that Rumph does not make the evals? Or is that common?

He cannot recruit and already has been given enough chances to prove himself. He has whiffed on a bunch of top guys. Manny's defensive hires have been underwhelming. I think he did a great job this off-season after botching the hires on offense. He needs to re-evaluate the coaches on defense. Specifically Patke and Rumph. Question, should it be concerning that Rumph does not make the evals? Or is that common?
no changes will be made. Baker already said they don’t care bout rankings and as long as the defense continues to be solid I don’t see changes

Advertisement
Back