2025 CB Board (2025 Edition) Will This Be Personal Now?

The 24 cycle is over, this is now the main CB board for the 25 cycle.

The million dollar question is whether or not Mario is going to continue to tolerate subpar recruiting from Addae. Its frustrating to see @Memnon post CB after CB and then say he doesn't know why the staff isn't interested.

@Rellyrell asking some hard Addae recruiting questions:

Advertisement
The 24 cycle is over, this is now the main CB board for the 25 cycle.

The million dollar question is whether or not Mario is going to continue to tolerate subpar recruiting from Addae. Its frustrating to see @Memnon post CB after CB and then say he doesn't know why the staff isn't interested.

@Rellyrell asking some hard Addae recruiting questions:

my fear is there is some decent So.Fl. talent in the secondary this year....Amari Wallace, Ben Hanks, George Thomas, Ewald, Bryce Fitzgerald, Tony Williams.... all likely ranked in the 50-250 range. So you have pretty good but not elite secondary talent in your own backyard and if Addae gets those guys he may buy himself another year when in reality it is because they are close to home and the bidding wars and having the fend off 10 other top tier schools are likely not hurdles to overcome

Raymond is unemployed. You make the move. This position is about recruiting. We should habe a leg up on Ewald Jr and i think we lead for Ben Hanks. We also need DJ Pickett, and George Thomas. It needs to be addressed with numbers. Not sure how we looking nation wide

Last edited:
Advertisement
There seems to be some tall/long (pause) CB’s at powerhouses in our backyard.

Ben Hanks JR Booker T - I’ve seen his 247 profile he’s been on campus some times and camped

Gregory Xavier Thomas AMH - any word on him?

Both 6’1+

Chris Ewald Chaminade already committed to Michigan, we’ve been taking whatever we want from them lately

Nice, succinct summary of Addae's recruiting/situation here from Cribby.

I was shocked Addae returned after his first year here. I haven’t heard the most positive reviews of the guy in recruiting circles.

Advertisement
Just putting this out there as the other side to my argument

Recruiting is about closing, signing and getting recruit enrolled. Cormani and Antoine were not closed. He was 2 for 4.

A cane fan on twitter had the same argument and said cormani got the bag and Antoine followed a girl and it’s not on Addae. Excuses can be made for every miss.

Mario demands multiple blue chip recruits each cycle. Why did Ellis Robinson only mention his relationship w Mario, never mentioned him? He’s not hitting the requirements, how many blue chip corners we get this year?

Advertisement
Frustrating, disappointing, unacceptable, confusing, puzzling. You pick the adjective that describes our CB recruiting under Addae because there are a lot of options to choose from. Last year, after subpar recruiting DT recruiting, Mario brought in JT and also personally focused on turning that room around. Those results are self-evident.

Will CB recruiting be his priority next cycle? Will he take a hard look at Addae's recruiting results? We will see. If he does, a focused Mario is a scary thing on the trail. @Geo305 says SFL is loaded at CB and WR this cycle so now's definitely the time to turn this around.

2025 Recruits

RecruitStarsPriorityUVsOVCommittingHSSchool
Chris "CJ" Ewald4*YES2ChaminadeMI
Ben Hanks Jr4*YES1Booker T
Antonio "TJ" Branch Jr4*YES2Booker T
Shamar Arnoux3*1Alpharetta, GA
Zayd RoganAlpharetta, GA
Aldarius Johnson Jr2+Heritage
Jett White4*1Edison
Na'eem Offord5*1Birmingham, AL
Kevyn “Kerm” Humes4*2St. Frances Academy, MD
Naiim Parrish4*1Bergen Catholic
Juan Berchal
Bryce Fitzgerald
Blake “Bobble” Woodby
Kevyn “Kerm” HumesSt Frances
Devin SanchezHouston
Daryus Dixson
Chuck McDonald III
Tarrion GrantTN
Bryce "Juice" DeasSt Frances MD
Jermichael GillisSt Frances
Gregory Xavier Thomas3*1Heritage
Jontae Gilbert4*Atlanta
Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine4*LA

2026 Names to Watch Out For

RecruitStarsPriorityUVsOVCommittingHSSchool
Ksani JilesYES2May 22, 2023IMGMiami
J’Vari "Jrock" Flowers4*1Central
Jayden A. Crowder
Justin Lewis
Brandon Lockhart
Cory Lavender Jr
Davon L Benjamin
Samari "Smoke" Matthews
Jordan ThomasBergen Catholic
Amari Jones4*2IMG

2027 Way To Early list (offered anyway though)

Sorting the Tables

The tables above can't be sorted by columns right now other than the default. However, you can copy the table into the clipboard and sort it yourself in Google Sheets or Excel.

Steps.

1. Copy table into the clipboard
  2. Paste into Google Sheets
  3. Optionaly hightlight (i.e. bold) the column header (first row)
  4. Under the Data menu, select Sort, then advanced range sorting option
  5. Click on data has header row (i.e. the row you bolded in step 3)
  6. Select the column that will be the primary sort column (i.e. OV date, commit date etc.)
  7. Click on sort
  8. Profit
It darn well better be because the state of the entire Secondary while not terrible with talent like Damari Brown, Robert Stafford, Jadais Richard and Zaquan Patterson just isn't in the same zip code in terms of quality depth as what we are building at DL and LB with the overall recruiting grade this year being a borderline embarrassment. 2025 and 2026 need to change that.

Advertisement

Kid is elite and on a tear this season. Criminally underrated right now but wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up very high 4, if not 5 star. Legit track speed and I don’t think has given up a catch through his first 3 games.

Another ‘25 corner from Indy we need to look at is Mark Zackery of Ben Davis HS. Caught a TD pass vs IMG last week, has extremely long arms and early offers from Georgia, OSU and Michigan.

CB Mason Alexander & TE Brock Schott

Last edited:
Just putting this out there as the other side to my argument

We suck at DB recruiting dead ***. I know this worked out for DL making a thread about it last cycle. But I don’t know if we can beat UGA etc for these dudes. We need them for the D to take that next step. Pause pause

Advertisement
Back