Cayden Baker, 2020 OT, SW Christian (Fort Myers)

We arent going to take more than 5 OL.

We have 3 committed: Rivers, Smith, C. Washington

We expect Denis and fingers crossed for Walker.

But we are still recruiting kids. Because we should. Because you never know what can happen. If Dumervil wants in, you take him and clear someone out. If someone flakes, you maybe have this kid as an option. If you’re in line with this kid and he has a stand out season, you clear space for him. This is what coaches are supposed to do in recruiting.
Now there's a good chance that we only take 1 RB instead of 2, i don't see any harm in taking 6th OL for that 2nd RB spot.

Advertisement
Now there's a good chance that we only take 1 RB instead of 2, i don't see any harm in taking 6th OL for that 2nd RB spot.
You’re creating a false choice. We also need another DB, a fourth LB, another TE, maybe another WR. And with Martin transferring out, we do need another RB. We’ll solve for the best athletes at these extra spots, as we can’t fill them all. But IMO we wont take 6 OL. It’s too much. Take the best 5 you can get.

Another thing with recruiting OL is that the entire calendar has been moved up with ENSD. These kids still have more than a year to develop on top of it being a difficult position to project (see Zion Nelson). What may seem like a “project take” in July of 2019 may not in August of 2020.

1. The practice environment/pace of game scenarios. I've told D$ for some time now the reason he sees one thing in practice and sometimes it doesn't translate to games is because the situations aren't close enough.
2. The offense and all the details around what they focus on. We've already heard about shifts and motions, but route combinations, especially.
This is of particular interest to me. You bring up some great points and topics for discussion. I'm so glad you mentioned route combinations. Our route tree under Richt was atrocious. I would assume that the route combinations under Enos will be light years ahead in terms of practicality, functionality and overall sophistication.

Advertisement
So Baker, Love, Martinez are the other OL options as of now? Wouldn't be surprised if we look portal too...LB/OL/RB/WR are all portal possibilities for UM this year. MAYBE CB or DT if they are studs.

Advertisement
So Baker, Love, Martinez are the other OL options as of now? Wouldn't be surprised if we look portal too...LB/OL/RB/WR are all portal possibilities for UM this year. MAYBE CB or DT if they are studs.

2020 OT Baker and 2020 OG Love are both good back up options at offensive line for the 2020 class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are the smartest guys in the room don't you question coach Enos.

Go Canes

I highly doubt Enos has say over all offensive offers....it sounds more like a Manny thing. Manny always wanted final say on offers for the defense and based on comments seem over the years, held up offers for some DBs and LBs, so when we did offer it was too late. It seems Enos was quick to throw out QB offers, which he probably has most control of, but OL and skill position probably need a Manny signoff.

Advertisement
Back