Cayden Baker, 2020 OT, SW Christian (Fort Myers)

Ask the crew at practices to watch him. I hear good progress is being made by the young man especially weight wise. Not getting 1st or 2nd team reps but no one expects that of him. Barry's kind of athlete.
Cool. Haven't gotten an invite to watch practice yet, but hopefully a couple before Spring's over. Look forward to seeing a bunch of different aspects and how they've changed.

Advertisement
Cool. Haven't gotten an invite to watch practice yet, but hopefully a couple before Spring's over. Look forward to seeing a bunch of different aspects and how they've changed.

This begs the questions of what you want to see changed.

This begs the questions of what you want to see changed.
1. The practice environment/pace of game scenarios. I've told D$ for some time now the reason he sees one thing in practice and sometimes it doesn't translate to games is because the situations aren't close enough.
2. The offense and all the details around what they focus on. We've already heard about shifts and motions, but route combinations, especially.

This offer is very interesting to me. His tape, in itself, doesn't show much in the way of his blocking ability, so it's hard to gauge that. But, IMO the offer speaks volumes as to our coaches' (Barry/Enos/Diaz/Fields) approach re OT recruiting. They've obviously seen Baker in person and see he has legit size (6'6 to 6'7) and frame (250+ now with room to add good weight that won't bog down mobility/athleticism). They see him moving decently at TE, chasing down ballcarriers at DE, and most interestingly, playing bball out on the perimeter. I watched a couple minutes of his bball tape and he's playing wing, beating guys with a good first step and nice footwork (saw a eurostep in there), and then also using some brute force with that finesse.

I can't make any guarantees as to how good of a OT this guy will be, but I love the approach for the OT position--6'5+ length, 250+ with the frame to add good weight, and signs of plus athleticism and great feet.

Advertisement
Have ya'll seen the Zion Nelson kid? You know the "skinny App State" commit. Yeah, Feeley happened.
Feeley will have Baker where we need him if he comes.

PS- He had major gains and put on good weight since Jan if you did not know
Until Zion contributes anything in an actual game, he can’t be used as an example. He hasn’t done anything of actual substance yet.

I pray to sweet baby Jesus he does, though.

Advertisement
Just got offered by Boston College.

It's definitely a confirmation that a recruit can play oline if they're offered by BC or WIS.

I like the OT from clan (Connor) McLaughlin who plays for Tampa Jesuit a lot more, and he plays much better competition in Tampa. With a little luck of the Miami Irish, we can land the young lad an put a little Irish Whiskey in our cafe cubano.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Btw he's not at SFCA anymore he goes to Fort Myers High now and someone told me he was committing... don't know how true it is tho

Good now there will be film going against better competition.

2019 football schedule

They had a good season in 2018

Go Canes

Interesting kid who just got an offer. Really big, DE and TE as a junior. Offensive highlights start at about the 3:49 mark. Also plays hopos.

Obviously a projection offer but the body type and athletic background is very intriguing.

Never mind I figured it out and yeah we will definitely see what he can do if he’s playing for FMHS.

Advertisement
I have been saying for a couple of months ...........this kid should be a take ........i love his athleticism.......

I’m okay with this “take low rated athletic big guy and put necessary weight on him” theory but it’s gotta work. It’s cool to use Jason Fox and Eric Winston as examples of this theory working but we are really taking a lot of these types. I pray they pan out. Or we will be back in the portal in 2 years looking for a Tommy Kennedy 2.0

Advertisement
Back