Cavinder Twins (Update: both decline to return for final year)

Advertisement
Haley has said she’s coming back. Sounds like Hannah is probably done with basketball.
Haley is the one with legit talent. Hanna is okay, but she's a backup at best. I think that Hanna knows that her playing days are numbered, and just wants to move on. Hopefully there isn't an issue, because they are really close. That said, Hanna not coming back opens up another scholarship, especially with Salgues leaving as well. Coach Meier can fill those spots with players that can actually contribute.

Advertisement
Haley is the one with legit talent. Hanna is okay, but she's a backup at best. I think that Hanna knows that her playing days are numbered, and just wants to move on. Hopefully there isn't an issue, because they are really close. That said, Hanna not coming back opens up another scholarship, especially with Salgues leaving as well. Coach Meier can fill those spots with players that can actually contribute.
is Hannah graduating and moving on or is she coming back for another degree? id argue to put her on a ship for her final year if its the latter and not give her a spot on the roster

Both players are talented, it's a ridiculous thing to say that "Haley has talent, Hanna does not".

The reality is their height. To put them on the floor at the same time was problematic against the ACC teams and in the post-season. But sometimes, Hanna subbed for Haley with no dropoff in play.

Yes, Hanna has given some indications that she is ready to move on with her post-basketball life. Not sure if the Elite 8 run changed the equation for her.

is Hannah graduating and moving on or is she coming back for another degree? id argue to put her on a ship for her final year if its the latter and not give her a spot on the roster

Hannah has said she wants to move on and start her life post-basketball. They graduated iirc. This is probably best for all parties, but I think it's a silly move for Hannah as she could bank NIL and keep this influencer game going better if she's on the team with her sister. One more 7-figure year. But maybe she has something up her sleeve. I wish them both well.

Advertisement
Hannah has said she wants to move on and start her life post-basketball. They graduated iirc. This is probably best for all parties, but I think it's a silly move for Hannah as she could bank NIL and keep this influencer game going better if she's on the team with her sister. One more 7-figure year. But maybe she has something up her sleeve. I wish them both well.
Hopefully it’s only fans

It’s amazing but the top female college basketball players can and do make as much or even more money than their WBNA counterparts because of the NIL opportunities which seem more plentiful in college than the pros. Upside down world for the Cavinder twins, Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese, etc.

It’s amazing but the top female college basketball players can and do make as much or even more money than their WBNA counterparts because of the NIL opportunities which seem more plentiful in college than the pros. Upside down world for the Cavinder twins, Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese, etc.
I don't follow women's basketball, but I look at Clark's return as a pretty clear suggestion that she's going to have a bigger check from staying in college than should be going WNBA.

Interesting times.

I don't follow women's basketball, but I look at Clark's return as a pretty clear suggestion that she's going to have a bigger check from staying in college than should be going WNBA.

Interesting times.
She can’t leave anyway. You have to be 4 years out to declare yourself eligible for the WNBA draft or have your degree in hand.

Advertisement
If we being honest here, I don’t see the hype with them. Only one of them is a key contributor on the court and they’re ok looking at best. That’s just my opinion though.

Advertisement
Ridiculous rule meant to protect the WNBA players from more competition.
You can make that argument, or you can see it as the WNBA working with the NCAA to maximize the college game. Having these girls stick around helps create readymade stars when they hit the WNBA, because we know who they are. The NBA moved away from that and now look. We don’t have that attachment to the youngsters the way we did when we got to see most of them develop.

If we being honest here, I don’t see the hype with them. Only one of them is a key contributor on the court and they’re ok looking at best. That’s just my opinion though.
I said this in a previous thread on the twins and it remains true now. There always has to be that ONE guy that wants to pretend that these girls aren’t above average. They may not be your cup of tea, but let’s stop the cap on their looks. If you were to just take what’s going on from the neck down, they are way above average. No one is impressed that you are taking two objectively attractive women and eating them as average. You aren’t Hugh Hefner, I’m quite sure none of us would turn down a chance to rail those two.

That said, Haley will be a starter next year and a huge part of the offensive production. Hanna is just not a ACC level starter and she is used to getting those minutes.

I said this in a previous thread on the twins and it remains true now. There always has to be that ONE guy that wants to pretend that these girls aren’t above average. They may not be your cup of tea, but let’s stop the cap on their looks. If you were to just take what’s going on from the neck down, they are way above average. No one is impressed that you are taking two objectively attractive women and eating them as average. You aren’t Hugh Hefner, I’m quite sure none of us would turn down a chance to rail those two.

That said, Haley will be a starter next year and a huge part of the offensive production. Hanna is just not a ACC level starter and she is used to getting those minutes.
Basketball wise Haley is good. As far as looks, they have nothing flattering about them from the neck down. They’re just young and blonde, you can scroll down the street in south Florida and find wayyy better. I’m not knocking them for capitalizing off these thirsty dudes though, make your money. I would take Hilary Duff over them even at age 35. Never said I wouldn’t smash lol, people just not stop acting like they’re the best thing ever.

Advertisement
Back