Cave is in!

Advertisement
How come everyone thinks every LB and safety recruit will play striker?

Because D Rev Lee is on a pace to post 5,000 times this year, and he just floods every thread with hotsh!te takes involving position changes. When all the high-volume/low-intelligence posters keep beating the drum for "every recruit will be a striker", the momentum takes on a life of its own.

My only think about Cave is why Penn State and Ohio State didn't push for him. He is a good pick up but I feel some of our pickups are Plan A for us and Plan B and C at upper level P5 schools.

I think he fits the mold of what Miami wants at linebacker - fast and tough. He is a tackling machine but he isn’t tall or heavy.

I honestly have no idea what the current perfect mold is for OSU or Penn State backers but my guess is even when Cave is maxed out developmentally he won’t be a tall 240-260 pound guy who smashes into Iowa’s full back 30 times a game.

I’m more than fine with Miami taking athletes who might be a little undersized when fully developed but are tough as nails and play downhill.

Mathis, Cave, Brooks, Joyner, Huff all are perfect for the defense this team runs in my opinion.

Advertisement
Because D Rev Lee is on a pace to post 5,000 times this year, and he just floods every thread with hotsh!te takes involving position changes. When all the high-volume/low-intelligence posters keep beating the drum for "every recruit will be a striker", the momentum takes on a life of its own.
20190704_232239.jpg

Since u are begging for my attention... Lmao

Oh, and try harder next time.

B more is way bigger then murder city Camden

B more is the mf ghetto! I already no

Camden was ranked #1 countless times and that's facts... Go look it up

Murder City Camden is like a couple square miles... Little city but its the trenches !!
Baltimore is much like other big cities, plenty of nice parts and plenty of crap parts. Camden is just straight rough. We go each summer to the aquarium(probably the only OK place in the city). I’m frequently in Philly, Baltimore and sometimes Camden and the latter is the worst out of the bunch.

77th percentile numbers. The one concerning number is the SH, which is the same number that Mike Smith ran. Vertical and Powerball show an explosive athlete in short bursts though.

He really profiles as a more explosive and athletic Charles Perry.

Anything stand out in the tape?

Advertisement
Our record over the past 7 years is not going to get us recruits with a lot of options. Why do people think that we do not want 5 stars. Everyone wants 5 stars. But chasing them has not brought them to Miami. Get good football players to build Miami back up. Miami is doing that. We are not recruiting to beat playoff teams yet. We just have not been there in 18 years.

Baltimore is much like other big cities, plenty of nice parts and plenty of crap parts. Camden is just straight rough. We go each summer to the aquarium(probably the only OK place in the city). I’m frequently in Philly, Baltimore and sometimes Camden and the latter is the worst out of the bunch.
As a current Baltimore resident, I agree with this 100% But if you want to have a good time in bmore, avoid downtown because it's touristy. Go to harbor east, fed hill, or fells points. Tons of great restaurants and few cool breweries, with awesome outdoor walk by the water.

Advertisement
If you are taking a 3 star LB at miami, they should be from florida
Are you really that idiotic to think that every 3-star is the same? 3-star players span a wide range of talent, ability, and fit to a particular system. You can't seem to name a Florida 3-star linebacker that is better than Cave, because you have no idea what you are talking about. You just think you can take any 3-star player names and randomly pick from them and they will all be the same. Cave is a 3-star, bordering on a 4-star based on his rankings, and clearly the UM coaches see him as a fit in what they want at LB.

Advertisement
A striker is just an in the box safety. I dont know why fans on this board has created this myth like its some magical position.

Flagg compares NONE like Jaquan Johnson at all....and is 5'10 220 pds right now. NO WAY HE PLAYS STRIKER HERE. In fact the striker is already committed in the class.

Yeah obviously he won’t be playing striker, because there’s no chance he’s beating out Moise or Roberts for the job.

I'm glad Butch Davis didn't think like this about some two star kid named Ed Reed.🙄

I’m glad no one has updated their references in the 15 years I’ve been doing Canes message boards. I’m now old enough to have seen Rob Knowles and AJ Highsmith compared to Ed Reed, Larry Hope compared to the Honey Badger, Jimmy Gaines compared to Jon Vilma...it’s the gift that will literally always keep giving.

Advertisement
Back