Cavazos details recent trip to UM, connection to Diaz

Advertisement
How is our track program? i'm sure he wants to run track if possible in college and I know LSU, Uf and Oregon are well regarded in track.

How is our track program? i'm sure he wants to run track if possible in college and I know LSU, Uf and Oregon are well regarded in track.

Miami's track program is one of the most misused resources in all of college sports. No reason why Miami shouldn't have the best track program in the acc and one of the best in the nation. In fact if you look at all Miami sports I'd say the Athletic director is trash.

You guys say this over every recruit even some 3 stars,
And people don't realize that some kids will take the down payment of bags and even some official cancellation bonuses and still don't sign with the school that paid them. It's not half but it's something they can use

Advertisement
Win and look good doing it and he’s a Cane. This a team recruitment thing. Play and win like Canes, meaning stepping on necks when we’re up and blowing teams out. Enos needs to have our offense rolling and punishing teams and our defense needs to continue doing their thing. We do that and we’ll get these kids.

Go Canes!

He’s going to drag his recruitment out so just stay in the top 3 and i like our chances come December. Going 7-6/8-5 isn’t going to pull a kid like this.

(That is going to be my mantra towards any recruit we are after this cycle. Can we pull them if we go 7-6/8-5)

Miami's track program is one of the most misused resources in all of college sports. No reason why Miami shouldn't have the best track program in the acc and one of the best in the nation. In fact if you look at all Miami sports I'd say the Athletic director is trash.

Blake is horrible at his job. No idea how he is still employed

Advertisement
Just bc a kids fam has money doesn’t mean they wouldn’t take a 6 figure cash deal. Or buy out a business for triple the money.
TS's dad was a Librarian and at Heritage now doubt.

Lol at bags being outlandish i have no info on this kid or his pops but from what was posted about his dad handling kids recruitments sounds a lot like genron.

As i stated hopefully im wrong and i didnt get that feel from @Stefan Adams article. But when i hear about handlers involved in recruiting it exclusively deals with bags.

Have you ever been around high level competition? Sure, there are a few bad seeds out there, but there are also a lot of people who are doing nothing but good work for a lot of recruits as well as those who will never sniff a scholarship. Most of the time it isn't about getting paid, but everyone seems to remember those type of guys rather than the good ones. Those in it for the right reasons, who enjoy it, give a lot back and positively influence these guys far beyond whatever field.

His father, if what is being said is accurate, has been doing this a long time. That right there almost certainly indicates that he's in it for the right reasons as those who aren't are fly by night types.

Advertisement
Have you ever been around high level competition? Sure, there are a few bad seeds out there, but there are also a lot of people who are doing nothing but good work for a lot of recruits as well as those who will never sniff a scholarship. Most of the time it isn't about getting paid, but everyone seems to remember those type of guys rather than the good ones. Those in it for the right reasons, who enjoy it, give a lot back and positively influence these guys far beyond whatever field.

His father, if what is being said is accurate, has been doing this a long time. That right there almost certainly indicates that he's in it for the right reasons as those who aren't are fly by night types.
I know both types and i can honestly tell you theres a thin line between the two and most of them straddle the line helping as many kids as they can but also stuffing their pockets when they can. Ive stated numerous times that i dont know his father or how he operates.

Advertisement
Knew him from Diaz's time at Texas I believe
You do realize manny wasn't on Texas staff as a 10 year old right? Manny was at texass like 10 years ago or so I believe for a short time. This obviously goes back quite a bit further. That's like high school or something

Lol at bags being outlandish i have no info on this kid or his pops but from what was posted about his dad handling kids recruitments sounds a lot like genron.

As i stated hopefully im wrong and i didnt get that feel from @Stefan Adams article. But when i hear about handlers involved in recruiting it exclusively deals with bags.
Not at all the case. In most instances a handler is simply a chaperone because parents have 9-5 lifestyles at best and cant miss out on work etc... obviously theres plenty of exceptions. But this ain't one of them. Good kid,good family.

I live in Houston where his dad
“My dad has known Manny Diaz for 25 years so it’s just a great connection to have,” Cavazos said. “It definitely improves the trust, my dad is very connected.”

Pretty big quote. Is his dad a coach?
lives. He cane in to my work decked out in IMG gear
“My dad has known Manny Diaz for 25 years so it’s just a great connection to have,” Cavazos said. “It definitely improves the trust, my dad is very connected.”

Pretty big quote. Is his dad a coach?
I live in Houston now, where his Dad lives. He came into my work (with Kellen Monds dad) decked out in IMG gear so I started asking. Dad was hyping him up as the #1 player in the country haha. I told him I was die hard Canes and asked about their interest. He said they liked Diaz but sounded hesitant about the program under Richt. Said something to the effect of "we want to go to a winning program". Said they were keeping in touch with Diaz a lot. I have always wondered after Richt left, and #TNM hype train started speeding if this kid and his dad would be more interested. Tape looks good! We will see!

Advertisement
Back