CAUTION Lane thread

Half those plays he would be flagged

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I'm not on the "Quincy sucks" train, but those 1 on 1's show he's a better safety than corner. The first 8-10 I counted he got beat on 5-6 of em, but a poorly thrown ball or pass interference made it an incomplete pass.

Those are exactly my thoughts on that video. Add the multiple PI penalties, and I can't understand why anyone would put that video out there if they were trying to impress people.

Advertisement
5Ringz= chad wilson

but to respond to killa1storm Quincy will get abused in man coverage for a position where he will be on an island a lot i dont see him matching up well in press one on one because a receiver will beat him off that press (which he is very good at) and then its lights out. look at the film where he is allowed to play back he actually looks like a 4* prospect but just making it through a practice here at miami facing PD, SC, HW, and ML he wont be a corner for long

HE IS NOT A CB!

He would play Safety if anything here, Mays is down to play CB or Safety.

If you mention playing Safety to Quincy he wines like a little *****.

Oh and u know this bcuz you sleep with him at night I imagine

Mayes is being recruited as a safety not a corner. Quincy can play both well.

But again, I don't get paid millions to recruit Danny Dillard

5 ringz, you are a joke.

How old are you?

Nobody has to "sleep w/ Quincy at night" to know he is a Safety and not a **** CB.

Your immature response is exactly why nobody on this board will ever take you seriously.

Mayes is willing to play CB or Safety(anything for the team, not a me first player who thinks he knows more than our coaches)

We also have a great shot to land JC Jackson(SUPER STUD) to go along with Nigel Bethel(STUD) at CB and Mayes is a S/CB who will most likely redshirt add weight and become a Safety full time, but might be used to cover bigger WRs as a CB if needed.

I'm not gonna sit here and act like Mayes is some stud CB or Safety, but he is a fluid ATH with great size who will be a team player and doesn't openly dis the University of Miami.

Advertisement
He isn't an "elite" prospect but he certainly doesn't "suck" either.

I saw him play twice and he played very well on both ocassions

5Ringz= chad wilson

but to respond to killa1storm Quincy will get abused in man coverage for a position where he will be on an island a lot i dont see him matching up well in press one on one because a receiver will beat him off that press (which he is very good at) and then its lights out. look at the film where he is allowed to play back he actually looks like a 4* prospect but just making it through a practice here at miami facing PD, SC, HW, and ML he wont be a corner for long

Don't disagree really, he's gonna have to be a boundary guy to have any success at corner, otherwise he'll get abused. He's fluid but not really a quick twitch guy. But UF likes to plays their corners at safety and their safety at corners on a play-by-play basis to disguise looks so him having a set position isn't really that important. He'll be in the slot one play, at strong safety the next, at free safety another, and on the wide side another. Look at how we use Poole.

Advertisement
Back