Catholics vs Convicts - Miami vs Notre Dame from 1988

Advertisement
My second most hated game in "U" history...Lost $100.00 on bum call by ref's...Cleveland Gary and I still weep over this one..

Paranos I should down vote your ***, this is one of the few games I try to forget .

Even more than that Ohio Taint Fiesta Bowl, this game sticks deep in my craw. This cost us our second straight national title. Robbery through and through. Gary broke the plane of the goal line, it was a TD. There is no team on Earth I hate more than the Irish, not the turds, not taint, nor the Creminoles, or the Hokies. the Fightin' Irish suck toilet water in a ***** house.

Even more than that Ohio Taint Fiesta Bowl, this game sticks deep in my craw. This cost us our second straight national title. Robbery through and through. Gary broke the plane of the goal line, it was a TD. There is no team on Earth I hate more than the Irish, not the turds, not taint, nor the Creminoles, or the Hokies. the Fightin' Irish suck toilet water in a ***** house.

More importantly he was on his knees with the ball finally came out. I was ten with this happened , I cried like a lil *****.

Advertisement

Amen. Same here. Paranos, I like you brother but like an Ex Wife you want to forget bad Experiences.

What seems to be missed by everyone is that ND was wrongly given the ball on downs, not on a fumble recovery. Watch where the official marks the ball - it is NOT where Stonebreaker fell on the ball. The official didn't even look at Stonebreaker. He marked the ball INSIDE the 1. The ball was mistakenly turned over on downs because the official apparent thought it was 4th and goal. That's why Jimmy kept signalng first down.

Again, watch the sequence and tell me if you see something different. The "fumble" myth was created because Pat Haden saw it that way and continued to harp on it. There was no fumble. Just look where they gave ND the ball.

In the current days of replay, this would have been reversed quickly.

Why the f**k would you post this game?

It's bad enough that we are suffering through a severe STD as a program right now but to rip off this old scab is poor judgement.

Advertisement

It's bad enough that we are suffering through a severe STD as a program right now but to rip off this old scab is poor judgement.

Paranos is doing it wrong. He took the idea from me to post past canes games but it supposed to be only games that the canes have won.

Paranos is doing it wrong. He took the idea from me to post past canes games but it supposed to be only games that the canes have won.

Yea lol... Totally jacked your posts. Buddy has some mental deficiencies.

Yea lol... Totally jacked your posts. Buddy has some mental deficiencies.
you ain't never lied, bruh lol. But it's all good. I got many more games to post before the season start that he probably doesn't have.

Advertisement
The head official even said so after the game. It was NDs ball on downs, but should have been first and goal at the one for Miami. He openly admitted they made a mistake. I had the newspaper clipping for years, until it finally just fell apart.
What seems to be missed by everyone is that ND was wrongly given the ball on downs, not on a fumble recovery. Watch where the official marks the ball - it is NOT where Stonebreaker fell on the ball. The official didn't even look at Stonebreaker. He marked the ball INSIDE the 1. The ball was mistakenly turned over on downs because the official apparent thought it was 4th and goal. That's why Jimmy kept signalng first down.

Again, watch the sequence and tell me if you see something different. The "fumble" myth was created because Pat Haden saw it that way and continued to harp on it. There was no fumble. Just look where they gave ND the ball.

So this.

Advertisement
Shorthanded put down monikers are so 1980s... to imply all Notre Dame/Irish associate with the Catholic Church and thus pin the #narrative of the game based on that thing. Like you didn't have Catholics in your own neighborhood- AT YOUR OWN FAMILY REUNIONS, but you just want to point the finger at one school.

That was such a painful loss. Paranos anyway you can post the '87 and '03 Fiesta Bowls, I have been feeling way too good about my life lately, thanks.

Advertisement
Back