2025 Carter Smith QB from Ft. Myers

Advertisement
Was asked by Dawson to come camp tomorrow but is heading to LSU for a visit.

Visited Penn St a couple weeks ago and came away very impressed. Pops said Mario and James Franklin are the two most impressive head coaches they’ve met with.

NC is really pushing as they just got a commit from his teammate (TE).

Still likes Miami a lot, dad wants him to see other places to compare.

Lizards coach is a goofball

Don't like that. I know his dad is a Miami fan too. What is it about Kelly they like so much over Miami and Mario?
LSU always was going to be a factor for a couple reasons. Family ties to the area, and was initially recruited there for baseball and has liked the school ever since. Has a face to face with Kelly today, maybe he'll come out of that meeting unimpressed. I thought his fandom for Miami would win out, and I guess it still could.

Advertisement
LSU always was going to be a factor for a couple reasons. Family ties to the area, and was initially recruited there for baseball and has liked the school ever since. Has a face to face with Kelly today, maybe he'll come out of that meeting unimpressed. I thought his fandom for Miami would win out, and I guess it still could.

Hopefully he holds off and the offense blows up this year under Dawson. I could see hesitating to send your kid into our offense after what we did to TVD last year. His dad has to see the improvements we are making on OL and skill position. By the time he'll be in college the roster will be completely overhauled.

Hopefully he holds off and the offense blows up this year under Dawson. I could see hesitating to send your kid into our offense after what we did to TVD last year. His dad has to see the improvements we are making on OL and skill position. By the time he'll be in college the roster will be completely overhauled.
Dad is very torn but won't force anything on Carter. Luckily he's a '25 kid so plenty of time to continue recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting. Kelly supposedly dropped the ball with Hurley's recruitment and now this. Even if you have prospects rated higher, you don't burn bridges and Kelly knows this. Very odd.
Sounds like they have another '25 QB ahead of Carter (Underwood or something like that?). They stayed an extra day simply to meet with Kelly and it didn't happen, mom is not happy and she doesn't really get involved much.

Never got to meet with Kelly and the family is ****ed. Huge turnoff to Carter and family
My coach would never. 👀
You Win Back Off GIF by Miami HEAT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back