Carpenter get U visit today and sets up official

I really like his film , dude is built like a tank. Big , physical safety that can run and tackle well in space. The staff seems to be after big safeties , that tackle. Seems like this is the cookie cutter type they're looking for.

+1

I was also impressed by his footwork. He looked pretty nifty on those returns for a rangy 6'2 dude.

D, How would you compare him to Carter, Smith and Gibson?

I don't think he thumps like those guys as a tackler but he is smooth. Lankier body type. I would have liked to watch him in a 7on7 setting to see how he moved in coverage.

Advertisement
seems obvious they don't feel great about edwards or ford but this kid doesn't really seem any worse than billy gibson

Advertisement
the thing bout Billy Gibson is the last 2 years hes mainly played inside line backer. At least this kid you kind of see him in the centerfield...His 40 time isnt too good...but it isnt Bad. I'll take all the plus size kids in the secondary i can and shake it up...

Not every hit needs to be a home run, he'll make a great back up and give us some depth

i m glad you have a crystal ball, listen no one knows whats going to happen with these kids. the top can go to the bottom and the bottom to the top, we just don't know and neither do these schools. some kids play hard for that attention than slack once they get there. and some being over looked work hard to show that they are equal or better than the next guy. but to say they will be good for a back up is downing all the three stars who might just be a 5* we just never know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why do we need another safety if it's not an elite kid why take him . We have two already . James film looks better

Advertisement
A few times in the clips he tackled out of control. When you're throwing the guy to ground you're tackling out of control.

Think they are waiting to see what happens with Edwards, thus the delay in offering

Either they know Edwards is not coming or not willing to get caught with their pants down as Fraudlen did. I for one think that is a proactive approach.

I believe the two (Edwards and Carpenter) are visiting this weekend, so im sure whatever gauge they get on Edwards will effect whether or not they offer Carpenter

Advertisement
A few times in the clips he tackled out of control. When you're throwing the guy to ground you're tackling out of control.

Noticed that as well. Kid has some good "thump" to him and is aggressive, but his tackling runs the range from good to not-as-good. Some of the rugby-style TFLs in that video were nice. The shoulder-neck-high grabs, not as much.

I like the way he moves through traffic in the box, and he seems to cover ground well when asked to play centerfield.

Noticed that as well. Kid has some good "thump" to him and is aggressive, but his tackling runs the range from good to not-as-good. Some of the rugby-style TFLs in that video were nice. The shoulder-neck-high grabs, not as much.

I like the way he moves through traffic in the box, and he seems to cover ground well when asked to play centerfield.

It seems like he has great anticipation on the back end in the passing game, he also seems to diagnose the run game quick too. I don't think he'd be a massive liability on the back end, I worry about him form tackling and hitting through the ball carrier. IF there were a few tackles like we said, how often does he actually tackle like that? I feel like he'd be a guy who could spot start and do his job for us, but he's not going to wow you in any sense and blow you away with play.

Advertisement
Back