Carol City star with offer recovers from injury, plans Miami visit

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Carol City 4-star RB Nay’Quan Wright has 20 offers, including Miami, and competed out at the Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp and the Opening Miami Regional the past few weeks.

“I felt my performance was pretty good,” Wright said. “I learned a few techniques, learned some tools that I can use later in life and for this upcoming season.”

Wright picked up a majority of those offers as a sophomore; he missed his junior season with an injury. As a result, the buzz around his name has faded a bit, but is starting to pick back up with his performance on the camp circuit lately.

“Feeling great now,” Wright said on his recovery. “It was a long process, but thank god I’m here now.”

While Wright is keeping things close to the vest in terms of interested schools, (“Everyone is coming after me hard”), he claims he’s working on setting up visits to his favorites shortly.

“As of right now, I have no visits planned, but hopefully I’ll go visit a few places this upcoming summer,” Wright said. “I’m definitely gonna visit Miami.”

A draw to Miami is Wright’s relationship with his potential future coach, Miami OC/RB coach Thomas Brown, as well as some former teammates that play for the Canes.

“Coach Brown and I have a good relationship. Also, De’Andre Wilder is there and Cam'Ron Davis will be going there.”

A school’s running back stable apparently has no impact on Wright: He’s not worried about Miami’s big RB haul of Davis and Lorenzo Lingard from the 2018 class, and it won’t affect his final decision.

“I don’t care about starting, cause I’m gonna go in and work for it,” Wright said. “I’m not worrying about the job, I’m just looking for what best fits me. I’ve never run from competition and it won’t start now.”

Wright plans to have a decision made by December and will sign in the early signing period. What will set that one school apart from all the others?

“As of right now, being a junior, it’s basically relationships, as good as a relationship as I can have with a school. Coaches, players, you know, make sure the education part is right. And then the campus, do I like it? Does it fit me?”

Advertisement
“I don’t care about starting, cause I’m gonna go in and work for it,” Wright said. “I’m not worrying about the job, I’m just looking for what best fits me. I’ve never run from competition and it won’t start now.”

Like this kids attitude. if its one thing Richt did at UGA was stack pieces at RB position

I'm really interested to see who gets the other spot at RB. The names are pretty amazing. With Crowley committed & 1 spot left.. How do they choose who gets it? Surely it isn't as simple as first man to commit.

I think we might take 3. never thought we would, but, seems like we will be taking more than just 1 more.

Advertisement
docholiday.gif

Advertisement
I think we only take 3 if we knock it out of the park, and 1 of those 3 is an IMG kid OR...one is an all purpose guy/scatback slot like V.Davis or Stuart.

Stef, Money, Geo, etc...Could Wright commit to UM right now if he wanted. Is that "offer" commitable?

Advertisement
If our ability to recruit other positions was as good as our RB, WR, and TE recruiting, we'd be champs by 2020.

@Stefan Adams
I have a suggestion: it might be nice is some sort of weekly recap of all the pieces you guys (you, Erick, etc.) have written throughout the week about recruits. It could include a brief recap of which recruits we are trending up with, any other minor details that are too small for their own article, and maybe with links to the other articles. This would help make sure no one misses anything and we have a set day of the week to come and look for stuff in case we did miss something.

Advertisement
Carol City 4-star RB Nay’Quan Wright has 20 offers, including Miami, and competed out at the Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp and the Opening Miami Regional the past few weeks.

“I felt my performance was pretty good,” Wright said. “I learned a few techniques, learned some tools that I can use later in life and for this upcoming season.”

Wright picked up a majority of those offers as a sophomore; he missed his junior season with an injury. As a result, the buzz around his name has faded a bit, but is starting to pick back up with his performance on the camp circuit lately.

“Feeling great now,” Wright said on his recovery. “It was a long process, but thank god I’m here now.”

While Wright is keeping things close to the vest in terms of interested schools, (“Everyone is coming after me hard”), he claims he’s working on setting up visits to his favorites shortly.

“As of right now, I have no visits planned, but hopefully I’ll go visit a few places this upcoming summer,” Wright said. “I’m definitely gonna visit Miami.”

A draw to Miami is Wright’s relationship with his potential future coach, Miami OC/RB coach Thomas Brown, as well as some former teammates that play for the Canes.

“Coach Brown and I have a good relationship. Also, De’Andre Wilder is there and Camron Davis will be going there.”

A school’s running back stable apparently has no impact on Wright: He’s not worried about Miami’s big RB haul of Davis and Lorenzo Lingard from the 2018 class, and it won’t affect his final decision.

Wright plans to have a decision made by December and will sign in the early signing period. What will set that one school apart from all the others?

“As of right now, being a junior, it’s basically relationships, as good as a relationship as I can have with a school. Coaches, players, you know, make sure the education part is right. And then the campus, do I like it? Does it fit me?”

I had read a little while back it was a leg injury as someone on here posted. That would explain why his freshmen 100 meters was 11.22 and later much slower. after that year was recorded in the 11.8's Had it not been for that injury he should be in the upper 10s. now.
Hopefully, he get back full speed.

3 sounds about right. We only have Homer(could leave early), Deejay, Lingo, and Cam. Im not sure burns will be here after the spring or the season...

We have 5 on the roster now; if we get two more commits, we have 7, plus Realus. 8 RB's is enough.

Advertisement
Back