Cap'n Obvious Reporting: Why don't we have an OC or at least final 3?

Advertisement
How do you know we haven’t interviewed guys? I would imagine that they have a list of the top candidates

Agree with OP.

Firing the OC was only half the answer. Diaz still has to replace Enos with someone significantly better.

And he JUST went through this process last year. So, if he doesn’t already have his short-list ready, that’s ANOTHER red flag for his HC tenure.

Advertisement
Let me guess...it's the 1st and your therapist is watching bowl games, so writing an inane, non-football post is the closest thing to professional help? I'm close, no? Also, I will start billing you, if that's the case.

Yeah you definitely need to step away from the computer.

Manny already has offered candidate or candidates. The either take the job or no. If they do they leak info that they may offer to said candidate and that candidate will except.
remember, you will hear it’s not about how fast but the right one. Like12 months ago. Same story

Advertisement
Our AD claims that the OC is the priority, NOT the COS, so what's the hold up on at least narrowing the search to a final 3 or 4? Our competitors are all ahead of us it would seem.

To be clear, I'm not even saying we should already have our OC (although some of our competitors have already made moves for their coordinators), I'm saying, we should at least be close to hiring someone. I know we've covered how pathetic our leadership is, and they truly are, but I wish the BOT's would hold Flake accountable. This is truly unconscionable.
Because you don’t need to be notified.

Our AD claims that the OC is the priority, NOT the COS, so what's the hold up on at least narrowing the search to a final 3 or 4? Our competitors are all ahead of us it would seem.

To be clear, I'm not even saying we should already have our OC (although some of our competitors have already made moves for their coordinators), I'm saying, we should at least be close to hiring someone. I know we've covered how pathetic our leadership is, and they truly are, but I wish the BOT's would hold Flake accountable. This is truly unconscionable.
UT just named their offensive coordinator and it took them almost 5 weeks. And that’s with the only financial barrier being that the OC cannot outearn Tom Herman.

THis is Manny's last chance so I bet you that he's making sure he gets it right this time cuz he used up his mulligan. It's ironic that everyone wants an OC hired right away when that's the biggest issue that everybody cried about when hiring Manny and the rest of this staff. If they are working on the final 3, they need to keep it quiet cuz that's how stuff gets blowed up.

a lot of times oc and pos coaches are inteviews at the coaching conference. might be waiting for that. or till all bowl games including cfp are done to interview a few people. say a brian hartline or clemsons other co oc. if were interested in them or even joe brady to gauge interest. I don't expect that but are many reasons might be waiting

Advertisement
THis is Manny's last chance so I bet you that he's making sure he gets it right this time cuz he used up his mulligan. It's ironic that everyone wants an OC hired right away when that's the biggest issue that everybody cried about when hiring Manny and the rest of this staff. If they are working on the final 3, they need to keep it quiet cuz that's how stuff gets blowed up.
Well, if he hits a homerun, then the wait will be worth it. The optics are bad. Flake and Manny are committing unforced errors in the PR Dept. Seems like they'd put some chum out there to keep the masses at bay, but at the end of the day, as Flake put it in a recent interview, it's about wins and losses. I guess we have about 10 months to see if his 3 hour HC hire and his much longer OC hire, was worth it.

Last edited:
UT just named their offensive coordinator and it took them almost 5 weeks. And that’s with the only financial barrier being that the OC cannot outearn Tom Herman.

Yurrich, Harrell, and Brady were the Texas targets. And that was well known way before the Yurrich hire was official.

That’s the OP’s point.

National media were commenting on their candidates. Only Miami message board junkies are commenting on our options.

Advertisement
Yurrich, Harrell, and Brady were the Texas targets. And that was well known way before the Yurrich hire was official.

That’s the OP’s point.

National media were commenting on their candidates. Only Miami message board junkies are commenting on our options.
Exactly! It's not just about them making clandestine super-secret decisions, but also public perception. Whatever. End of the day, as our fearless leader, Flake James said, it's about wins and losses. Everyone, please remember he said that. The thing about wins and losses being the most important thing.

First - If our soft pos AD is involved in this search at all were in deeper trouble than I thought.
Second - Don’t think any proven OC is coming to work for Manny.

That’s the OP’s point.

We arent nationally relevant anymore nobody cares everybody knows manny is in over his head

Advertisement
Back