Capacity at Sun Life Stadium to be reduced to 55,000 for '16

Advertisement
It'll probably be used against us in recruiting, but at this point, we deserve it.

Maybe the distance from campus, but tarp or not it's pretty tough to convince a kid that a stadium that's good enough for a Super Bowl, National Title Game and an NFL team isn't good enough for him.

Right now we play in the 21st biggest stadium in the NCAA despite having 321 schools have a larger enrollment. This will take us down to 52nd largest, and it's definitely an improvement.

Exactly. We're a small enrollment school Our stadium capacity should be high 40's or mid 50's . Stanford downsized from 80k to 50k capacity with their new stadium. These improvements are a huge plus.

It'll probably be used against us in recruiting, but at this point, we deserve it.

Maybe the distance from campus, but tarp or not it's pretty tough to convince a kid that a stadium that's good enough for a Super Bowl, National Title Game and an NFL team isn't good enough for him.

Right now we play in the 21st biggest stadium in the NCAA despite having 321 schools have a larger enrollment. This will take us down to 52nd largest, and it's definitely an improvement.

totally went over your head

Advertisement
B7foCK0IMAAQlo9.jpg

so this is 2016 as there will not be a roof in 2015 to hang the banners on... or will they cover the seats this year. I think more stadiums will move to a model where capacity can go up or down depending on how big the game is.

Pic above does look cool. Thanks.

You know what would help game day atmospheres more than any of this though?

Butch Davis

Advertisement
Here is a video of the press conference cover the improvements and Miami's use of the banner.

[video]http://video.palmbeachpost.com/?ndn.trackingGroup=90068&ndn.siteSection=floridahome300&ndn.videoId=28369573&freewheel=90068&sitesection=floridahome300&vid=28369573[/video]

Go Canes

Last edited:
### Ross said the Dolphins didn't ask UM for any input on the renovations. "We're spending all the money and they're benefiting," Ross said, before adding that the Hurricanes are a good tenant.

### Ross said the Dolphins didn't ask UM for any input on the renovations. "We're spending all the money and they're benefiting," Ross said, before adding that the Hurricanes are a good tenant.

Sounds like Ross is a little bitter with UM itself and the product they are putting on the field.

Go Canes

Sounds like Ross is a little bitter with UM itself and the product they are putting on the field.

Go Canes

Probably more bitter that UM would break their lease their so fast if they could find a better alternative.

Advertisement

Go Canes

Probably more bitter that UM would break their lease their so fast if they could find a better alternative.

Based on the Miami Heralds - Sports Buzz Article I would your probably correct but UM doesn't have the money nor will the city of Miami come up with it so UM is stuck at Sunlife an with the renovations it will be a very nice stadium.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/01/16/

If I Ross wants his money maker (read as bottom b(i)tch) to bring in more money, then like any other industrious landlord (read as pimp) he needs to invest some money in upgrades for his money maker such as going half on a really nice two story indoor practice facility for UM (I am talking one with giant glass walls and front entrance made out of glass with a massive frosted U).

Go Canes

Canes have roughly 30k season ticket holders. Reducing the capacity from 76k to 65k and bringing the side seats in from 81 feet to 52 feetis tremendous and a huge win for UM as the stadium was too **** big, even for the dolphins! Throw in the fact UM has decided to close one endzone making it 55k, and it should feel and look much better. Also, don't forget in 2016 there will be 4 jumbotrons at each corner and a half-roof. I think it's going to raise the noise level quite a bit...

Go Canes!

Advertisement

playing in front of 40,000 empty seats is better than playing in front of 60,000 empty seats

Whatever we do or don't do will be used against us in recruiting.

Nobody has to use it against us. When recruits tour other campuses they walk from the football and athletic offices to the stadium. Often those offices are within the stadium. In our case we have a very nice campus. If the topic of the stadium comes up, somebody has to grab a GPS, or a compass, or an atlas.

View attachment 29128

so this is 2016 as there will not be a roof in 2015 to hang the banners on... or will they cover the seats this year. I think more stadiums will move to a model where capacity can go up or down depending on how big the game is.

those 5 white banners surrounding and in the middle the U need to have an obnoxiously large picture of each of our 5 championship rings.

View attachment 29128

Also, the banner does look a little bit intimidating. Wouldn't surprise me if other school eventually start doing something similar as well.

Advertisement
Back