Can't Blame Grace

I will be shocked if he doesn't make a roster. I think he has the tools/ability to be a very productive professional. I don't think there is a team that he could not start on Special Teams.

Advertisement
Think he has a great chance of making the Falcon team that is just now being assembled with good young attacking players.

Once he makes the team,and I think he will,he will get that 25 grand back many many times...

Transcript of the conversation.

"All right! 30 large. Ready to be a Detroit Lion. Wait, what's that? Al Golden is looking forward to seeing me? Golden is still coaching? Uhhh.. one sec. Hello Atlanta? Are you still accepting resumes?"

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I get that he probably fits better into Atlanta's scheme but how many <220lb linebackers are they going to roster?

Advertisement
Has anyone thought that Lions thought more highly of him than Falcons? I mean they was willing to give him a 30k bonus.

No way I would have turned down that money...I don't care if he hates him, Al is the tight ends coach...unless something has changed that I don't know about...so he won't have anything to do with Al. In his situation I could be civil towards the guy for 25k more, but there are I am sure a lot of reasons for his decision which we will never know. I hope he makes it...wishing him the best.

So do I have this right: Grace has a better chance of making Detroit's 53-man roster, but IF he beats out the other 2 LB/S hybrids on the Falcons squad, he has a better chance of actually playing on Sundays with Atlanta because they value his skill set more? Hard choices for a young man to make either way.

Advertisement
Golden had nothing to do with Grace getting kicked off the team. He cost himself some serious money, and I think it's sad. $5,000??? Richt needs to use this as a learning tool.

And that has nothing to do with not wanting to be associated with that fck stick ever again.

You don't base your career decisions on a coach that won't be coaching you. Also, did you stop and think that maybe Golden had something to do with the Lions OFFERING him $30,000? Sometimes you want to have a coach on the staff in your corner when you are trying to make a roster. Get your emotions out of the way and think with your brain.

I prefer to think with mALGOLDENCOULDNTHELPHIMSELFOUTOFAWETPAPERBAGWITHBOTHHANDSAPAIROFSCISSORSANDARABIDWOLVERINE.

Seriously, what makes you think that al has the slightest input into who the Lions pick up? Maybe if he swore up and down that a kid they were looking at was terrible they'd move on, but I don't believe for a second that they are letting him make draft picks or have input into who they go after.

Maybe 25k isn't worth it to him. That's not exactly a huge chuck of change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back