Can't Blame Grace

Golden had nothing to do with Grace getting kicked off the team. He cost himself some serious money, and I think it's sad. $5,000??? Richt needs to use this as a learning tool.

Not sure why you're getting negged so much but what you say is true. People lack accountability and blame others for their problems, I guess. Grace getting suspended is all on him.

Oh and **** Golden.

Advertisement
Grace is going to have a long NFL career IMO. Don't know if he'll ever be a consistent starter but I feel he'll contribute a lot.

Has nothing to do with Al golden..
I think he chose there because of scheme fit. ATL runs an attacking 4-3 pretty sure we all agree that grace will thrive in that system.

This is odd because of Deion Jones (2nd round pick in '16) and Duke Riley (3rd round pick in '17), both of whom actually bring Grace's skill set to mind.

I think he's equally valuable (from a prospect standpoint) as Duke Riley, the guy the Falcons drafted in the 3rd round. Had Grace played in Diaz's system this past season, his college production would have very likely dwarfed Riley's. They are somewhat similar physically, too.
Gotten two direct messages on this post. It's not a shot at Grace. Odd because he'd specifically go to Atlanta with the irony of very similar types of players. I've said about 1000 times Grace was previously my favorite player on the team and I think he's a potential gem for an NFL team. I've made the Kwon Alexander comparison. Who knows, he may beat out the Falcons' 3rd round pick, as alluded to in the quoted post.

Advertisement
After years of watching Golden's D-scheme ruin so many of our players, I'm surprised that many don't see this as Grace taking an opportunity to go to a system that is a better fit for his skill-set with a young, defensive-minded head coach that has recent success.

Atlanta's Defense is in the process of being built, and there still isn't enough depth at the LB spot, until this draft with Riley and Grace. Atlanta's LBs are young but still got dinged up last year and Philip Wheeler logged serious minutes along with other NFL journeymen. I think Grace has a good shot at making the 53, but it may be on special teams for now. Give him some time, he has the potential to contribute in their LB rotation.

Don't blame him.

Detroit is a ****hole.

He'll make his own way in Atlanta. He has enough confidence in himself to do so. And I wish him luck.

For those who follow the Falcons and Lions more closely, which team has the greater need at LB? I would go to the team where I have the best shot at making the roster.

Lions are garbage and pretty much need everything on defense minus a couple 3 players.

He fits what Dan Quinn likes to do defensively and has a better chance making the roster at ATL bc of scheme fit rather than Detroit.

Advertisement
He's a prototypical backer in the Quinn system.

It's not about him beating a starter, it's about him getting on the roster and then getting in the rotation. Considering his skill set, including excellent speed for someone his size, I think he's on the roster first week in September. After that he just has to take it advantage of his opportunities when he gets to play, and be ready

Detroit, it could very easily be a team in turmoil this year, the coaching staff is been on the bubble for getting fired for a couple of seasons now. This may have been an excellent decision on his part

Seriously, who is advising him, not saying agree or disagree with his decision, but would be interested to know.

Advertisement
Really hope Grace balls out and has a long productive NFL career. Kid made a really stupid decision and paid a big price, hopefully it made him hungrier.

I hope he makes the team.

This... jermain struggled with coverage ( we all saw that) kid can run and hit we all saw that, the NFL is fast and LBs have to be smart and play smart, not every team has an ed reed or troy P to set the D everyplay
Love this kid from Day One, was really ****ed when he F,,uped like Andrew said hope he makes the team

Advertisement
Why are people acting like $5000 or $30000 is his salary? So what if he missed out on $25,000? He's at a team he probably believes in. If he doesn't make it in ATL, he'll get a shot somewhere else. Long career coming for him, IMO.

Grace took a $25,000 haircut to stay the **** away from Coach Cheeseburger. Another player (as has been reported) spoke to Coach Cheeseburger on a weekly basis after his termination.

Makes you wonder.

Golden had nothing to do with Grace getting kicked off the team. He cost himself some serious money, and I think it's sad. $5,000??? Richt needs to use this as a learning tool.

And that has nothing to do with not wanting to be associated with that fck stick ever again.

You don't base your career decisions on a coach that won't be coaching you. Also, did you stop and think that maybe Golden had something to do with the Lions OFFERING him $30,000? Sometimes you want to have a coach on the staff in your corner when you are trying to make a roster. Get your emotions out of the way and think with your brain.

I'm not trying to call anyone out, but I seriously question the validity of Detroit offering Grace 30k. I'm fairly certain NFL teams have a specific amount of money that they can use towards signing UDFA, and that amount would be a nice chunk of it for one guy. Maybe they did, but I'd be surprised.

Advertisement
Back