Caniacs, we will be fine.

1983cane

Recruit
Premium
I said this at the end of the game.

Don't over analyze it like this board. There is a reason why the national media says that Florida State survived Miami. Our backup QB put his *** out there and unfortunately broke his arm in doing it..

We fought hard. Guarantee you there is a lot of FSU players that are not feeling all that good after this game.

We just need to somehow end up the season with a winning record even after the bowl game.

Keep the momentum going and rehab Emory.

Our running backs did get a little bit tired in the second half and our front line didn't have as much push as that we needed. But... We did not self-implode in this game and we handled the pressure just fine and brought the fight to Florida State and they knew it.

Just give Miami another recruiting cycle..

FSU is peaking and will not get past Georgia or Alabama or Ohio state in the playoffs.

Miami is rising. Slow, but it's happening. Believe.

Advertisement
shot down shut up GIF

Advertisement

Don't over analyze it like this board. There is a reason why the national media says that Florida State survived Miami. Our backup QB put his *** out there and unfortunately broke his arm in doing it..

We fought hard. Guarantee you there is a lot of FSU players that are not feeling all that good after this game.

We just need to somehow end up the season with a winning record even after the bowl game.

Our running backs did get a little bit tired in the second half and our front line didn't have as much push as that we needed. But... We did not self-implode in this game and we handled the pressure just fine and brought the fight to Florida State and they knew it.

FSU is peaking and will not get past Georgia or Alabama or Ohio state in the playoffs.

sinking-ship-jumping-ship.gif

glass half full kinda guy. As long as Mario is the corch, this team will **** away advantages. We were out playing FSU and the defense played lights out. Mario and Dawson **** the bed on offense.

Advertisement

Like him or not, Norvell is one of the top offensive coaches out there. One of my biggest takeaways was how Guidry was able to match his chess moves. I got the feeling that Norvell was impressed with the defensive play calling and the tenacity of our d players. Super proud of those boys.

Advertisement
I did edit. You just responded faster but...

FDU- Nowles certainly will not beat Georgia.

Miami put a uncomfortable hurting on FSU. The top of college football will see that and compound it on them.
I was just busting your balls. Yeah I think you are right. FSU did not expect the game we gave them. We are by far the most physical team they have played all year and it isn't particularly close. Coleman and Wilson looked like two tall receivers but nothing particularly special. That's a credit to our guys. They will feel it tomorrow for sure.

glass half full kinda guy. As long as Mario is the corch, this team will **** away advantages. We were out playing FSU and the defense played lights out. Mario and Dawson **** the bed on offense.
We **** the bed relying upon our OL to continue to make holes in the game. A quarter after a quarter. They get tired. And really our decent run plays were counters and slight misdirection on run playes. Teams figured this out weeks ago.

Our offense unfortunately is very predictable.

My suggestion is to start using the tight ends in the 15 to 20 yard Gap and then also going outstream with our wide receivers and have them out run the coverage.

Better result (scoreboard wise) than I thought and that's entirely thanks to our defense. Credit to the FSU defense, they played well, but **** if we aren't a train wreck on that side of the ball. There's pop warner coaches out there who could draw it up better and quite frankly, have the balls to call it too.

Advertisement
I was just busting your balls. Yeah I think you are right. FSU did not expect the game we gave them. We are by far the most physical team they have played all year and it isn't particularly close. Coleman and Wilson looked like two tall receivers but nothing particularly special. That's a credit to our guys. They will feel it tomorrow for sure.
Honestly it was a good game. Miami did not layover at all. They know it.

We had our backup aQB which is probably our future.

Not turn over the ball and when was needed to get a first down he extended his arm and unfortunately it got broken. He cared and it's only his second start in Big Time college football.

Believe it we are a great white shark coming.

Not turn over the ball and when was needed to get a first down he extended his arm and unfortunately it got broken. He cared and it's only his second start in Big Time college football.

Better result (scoreboard wise) than I thought and that's entirely thanks to our defense. Credit to the FSU defense, they played well, but **** if we aren't a train wreck on that side of the ball. There's pop warner coaches out there who could draw it up better and quite frankly, have the balls to call it too.
If Fletcher knew how to run by his blockers it would be a different ball game.

I get it and I can see all of the substantial improvement from last year. The thing is that I don't think that we will ever win anything of significance under Mario for one fundamental reason. Mario will never reach out and take what it is he wants and by extension his team never will either. I'm referring to his coaching style in terms of game day decisions and strategy. Take this game for example. It's great to have your team fight scratch and claw and never give up but there comes a time in each game when you have to make the decision to take it. Mario will never do that. Sure we will fight back down 7-14 points and be physical and not give up but Mario will never do what it takes to put another team away or aggressively take victory by ripping it out of his opponents hands.

For example like I said before sure we will battle back to get back in a game but Mario will never be the aggressor in an attempt to take the lead. Let's say we play aggressively to come back and take the lead. Mario will shut everything down and play not to lose by being super conservative all the while hoping that we break a run or that we get a strip sack or whatever but he will never actively try to make it happen. Am I explaining that well? Do you understand what I'm getting at? It is because of this that he will underachieve no matter how much talent he stacks. He will never actively try to put distance between himself and an opponent that his team is superior to. Against Miami of Ohio he can get away with it. Against Temple he can get away with it. However in conference play his faults are greatly magnified. Consequently he will become locked into a death struggle 14-10 vs a team that he should blow out. That style allows the inferior team to hang around and stay in the game with a punchers chance to win at the end and it is this that leads to totally unnecessary and completely bewildering losses.

This is ultimately why Mario Cristobal will never win anything here until he has a genuine come to Jesus moment and changes his ways. Honestly it's a shame because I know the man cares. I know he loves Miami and that he wants to win. He also has some very good qualities and there are things he does very well. He has increased our talent level and also transformed our locker room from a country club full of entitled me me me half steppers to a room full of serious hard working talented kids who want to get better and want to win. Kids that actually feel it in the pit of their stomach when we lose. Kids that shed tears when we lose! He has transformed us into a tough physical team that tackles infinitely better than before he came in. So no I don't hate the man I just get so **** frustrated by his lack of imagination and his penchant for playing scared and not to lose.

Advertisement
Back