Caneville Clowns

You have summed up (quite well) the core of how people take extreme binary positions.

If a person sees a great play from a favored player, the halo effect kicks in, and most of the bad plays just get dismissed.

If a person sees a mistake from a player he expects to transfer out, then the good plays are ignored, and the player becomes the worst-ever.

Reality is somewhere in between.

To everyone who has said "Jacurri sucks, Jacurri has terrible accuracy, Jacurri needs to change position", I have been consistent in my responses for quite some time. Jacurri has been inconsistent. He follows a GREAT pass with a bounce pass. And that is the problem.

And that's where "lack of trust" enters in. I am optimistic that our coaches can extract improvement from our players. But when a player is SO up-and-down, the coaches lose trust in what they can do on the field. It's not like anyone thought Jacurri was going to steal wallets out of the locker room, just that they don't know what to expect when he drops back to pass.

If we got "GOAT Jacurri" 75%-80% of the time, he'd be the starter. But when we get "WOAT Jacurri" 50% of the time, the coaches turn to other players who are younger (Emory) or newer (Reese) in the hopes that they can develop THOSE guys.
It's a little late to 'develop' Reese Poffo. I also question who on this staff is a "QB Developer"

Advertisement
It's a little late to 'develop' Reese Poffo. I also question who on this staff is a "QB Developer"

OK, maybe "develop" was the wrong word to use with Reese. But certainly the staff is putting their chips on him over Jacurri in ways that matter.

And we can quibble on "QB Developer", but no matter who is on staff, they have to do their best to develop the QB, no matter what.

Here's the thing porsters.

By doubting San Mario (corching hires, time outs, roster development, recruiting, play calling, taking a knee, cafecito choices, etc.), we are questioning the fundamental basis of society, who we are as a people, perhaps even the human race.

I dare say the very foundations of physics and the Universe itself are called into question.

Is this the type of anarchy we want?

I don't think so.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
OK, maybe "develop" was the wrong word to use with Reese. But certainly the staff is putting their chips on him over Jacurri in ways that matter.

And we can quibble on "QB Developer", but no matter who is on staff, they have to do their best to develop the QB, no matter what.
This might be a portal QB situation for 7 more seasons. Let someone else "develop" the QB and just pay them a few mil to come in and don't eff them up.

Its not cape its an opinion, caping is what everybody does for u on here lol

And if u haven’t seen much its clownish to speak like u have, and if u really didn’t care about the twitter people or dont know them how can u call them clout chasers or trying to start drama if u never heard them or anything lol. And calling them jacurriville and saying the picked this side or whatever is a strong opinion and giving a ****
There’s giving a **** and then there’s giving a ****. Just like there is not paying much attention yet still being aware and not paying any attention…

He's an NFL QB at under 5'10. He also averaged 10.0 and 9.1 yards per attempt as a FT starter. His worst season was an entire yard better than Emory.

He also turned himself into a running threat for his senior season. It's hard to get faster in your 30's!
He also didn’t start until 2020 when he was a senior, where he posted a season Y/A of 7.6 (6.9 adjusted, Emory’s was 6.8 adjusted Y/A)). It wasn’t until he was a 5th year senior in 21 that he played what you are saying is the requirement to not suck

Last edited:
What have they been doing? Besides the jacurri thing what have they done , what am I ignorant to
The last 15 years of their reporting, websites posts and social media.

It's a COMMON theme....every single time

Advertisement
He's an NFL QB at under 5'10. He also averaged 10.0 and 9.1 yards per attempt as a FT starter. His worst season was an entire yard better than Emory.

He also turned himself into a running threat for his senior season. It's hard to get faster in your 30's!

He obviously developed and coming in no-one would have projected him to be where he is at now...and that is kind of my point with Emory.

He also didn’t start until 2020 when he was a senior, where he posted a season Y/A of 7.6 (6.9 adjusted, Emory’s was 6.8 adjusted Y/A)). It wasn’t until he was a 5th year senior in 21 that he played what you are saying is the requirement to not suck
Jarren Williams yards per attempt in that miserable 2019 offense was 7.9.

He obviously developed and coming in no-one would have projected him to be where he is at now...and that is kind of my point with Emory.
Bennett, one of a kind situation re gray shirt / COVID year, on a next level team in 21-22, AND had a QB developer in Monken there.

Advertisement
They still cover all canes news lol its funny how one moment can make yall change whatever opinions yall had on someone. They have been pro canes for a decade **** near but now they think jacurri is qb2 and its jacurriville
I'm letting you know from experience..... It's a waste of time if you're looking for rationality when it comes to the topic of anything Canesville on this site. Just let everyone hate them in peace and "think" they are getting banned and their credentials pulled which supposedly had already happened according to porsters here. I died on that hill already. Would hate to see big bad CIS turn against you.

They still cover all canes news lol its funny how one moment can make yall change whatever opinions yall had on someone. They have been pro canes for a decade **** near but now they think jacurri is qb2 and its jacurriville
they should have thought about the ground work and reputation they created out the mud before approaching a 22mil head coach with a loaded question ... respectfully

Advertisement

A completely measured and nuanced take.

Coaches don't like QBs who are not consistent. Jaccuri highs will be the highest on the team but his lows will also be the lowest and they just got past that with TVD. Coaches will start a consistent game manager over an inconsistent QB with high end physical tools which is why Emory beat out JB.

If Emory Williams is EVER Miami's full-time starter I'll buy 100 shares of Life Wallet
🤷🏽‍♂️
Just saying using Stetson Bennet who didn’t start until his senior season then played as a 5th and 6th yr senior where he was surprisingly good is a funny comparison. Cause A) everyone would have said that about him to B) he showed the impact of having studs all around him has C) Emory could be here another 3 years and then finally start and be drastically better - perhaps even just plain really good - than he did as a true frosh that was never supposed to see a snap (like Judd is about to)

Advertisement
Back