Caneville Clowns

Advertisement
Just watched the cut up. Yeah I still don’t see it with jacurri. Aside from 2 splash plays he can’t sustain drives or make the easy throws. Playing within the offense thought Emory did better but still missed some throws. Was not impressed with poff aside from 2 plays doesn’t help when Lou Cristobal is your lg for all other qbs to be fair. next season like others said the qb is not on the roster.
I agree we will go shopping in the portal next year for a starter. It is clear what a great QB looks like. Cam has raised that bar, taking a dramatic step back with any of the guys on the roster is just not acceptable anymore in Coral Gables

I agree we will go shopping in the portal next year for a starter. It is clear what a great QB looks like. Cam has raised that bar, taking a dramatic step back with any of the guys on the roster is just not acceptable anymore in Coral Gables
Boom. Before we were over here fighting over that soft 6 for last call at a bar. We need to set our sights higher.

I would look for air Noland after sayin gets the nod at Ohio st.

Nickel will be here next spring and he’s the future so he either starts or is the backup to Poff so neither of them are seeing the field..

What makes you so sure that Mario has Poff or Nickel penciled in as the starter next year? If Mario's not trying to upgrade the QB room (or any room for that matter) via the portal, then He should be fired. And not to jinx Nickel, but Mario's never ever in His life recruited a QB out of HS that panned out, the one QB that was successful under Mario He inherited.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Poff: Didn't really see anything from Poff to go one way or another, didn't feel he had too many real opportunities. Like on his first drive he was doing well, then they got a penalty, then he had his worst play where he had a clean pocket and drifted like 15 yards back before throwing out of bounds, then next play he scrambled and idk if it would have been a tackle or not on 3rd... I'm not going to say anything predictive about him based on legit like 3 drives in a spring game lol. I expect him to fully be in the competition next year for the starting job. Maybe an elite talent like Ward enters in 2025 and we go for them, but I think most likely scenario is its an in-house competition. And at the end of the day regardless whether you liked what you saw from him or not in this spring game, pretty much everyone has unanimously said Poff was the clear #2 throughout spring as a whole. So this year he's #2. I think he needs to work on his tendency to drift backwards EVEN when he has a clean pocket.

Judd: Obvious RS and a guy I wouldn't expect to even be in the consideration for 3 years type of player - if he develops. I'm fine just having him as a backup and can run scout team until that time comes or he leaves. It is what it is with him. I'm fine having developmental Qbs on the roster. Low probability, but don't think it's a bad move taking a guy like him. Like I've said I'm all about taking the developmental Qb when you go all out for a stud in the portal. Which is what we did. No complaints. He's also a guy true frosh that enrolled early. His INT was a deep out from opposite hash. So yeah that wasn't good.

Emory: Was solid to good today. Nothing spectacular or anything, but nothing incredibly bad either. I really don't get anyone who came out of today claiming Emory was bad lol. Like if you watched and said this guy isn't spectacular and that's why you don't think he'll ever be the guy here, okay. But to say he was bad just leads me to think you didn't really watch. Worst play was getting stripped probably - gotta have better security/strength as he moves up the pocket so an hand swipe knocks it out. That was easily avoidable and he would have hit the check down for at least like 6+ yards if he didn't get stripped there. Next play no one open (and didn't see anyone open either) so he hits check down which was good. 3rd down and 11 he has an open crossing route but it looks like Wr (redding?) slows down for some reason and the pass is like a foot too far in front... like is that on Emory? I think so because his footwork on the pass was dog**** (like a jump pass). But his next drive was objectively good - he led a 2min TD drive and had solid passes. Just took what was there.

Jacurri: Was also solid to good today I'd say. But unfortunately the same problems we've all seen from him the last 2 seasons still show. He just straight misses waay too many easy throws. I think this performance in the spring game is basically who he is. He can make some big throws. He's got a great build, and has a pretty good arm that he can just flick it deep. And when he has a good base he can throw with velocity. He's not afraid to pull the trigger either. But dude literally has a higher comp% when throwing >8 yards than <5 yards, which is just crazy. I think this spring game showed exactly why people like him though. He can make big plays, And we actually saw him take off for a long run which is the first time he's ever shown that on film imo. Jacurris deep ball was to Kirk going against a walk on Cb, but it was good acurracy. This was the best throw of the day out of him Emory/Poff. But then his next play there was a miscommunication and he threw it deep to no one, and the following play he ****ed up the handoff and we turned it over. So like will people say he outplayed Emory? Yes but imo thats entirely because he had the deep pass to Kirk and a long run, and basically nothing else.

in Summation: I think I'd put it like this TODAY if I had to choose which Qb to start only this entire season between Jacurri and Emory, I'd lean more towards choosing Jacurri. This is because I think he will have these garbage passes, but ultimately has the higher ceiling and I'd hope by the end of the season he'd be hitting his stride. However, If I had to choose between Emory and Jacurri for 1 game only (like when Emory had to play against Clemson), I'd almost certainly lean towards playing Emory. It's a pretty typical high floor vs high ceiling call in those two situations for me.

Poff: Didn't really see anything from Poff to go one way or another, didn't feel he had too many real opportunities. Like on his first drive he was doing well, then they got a penalty, then he had his worst play where he had a clean pocket and drifted like 15 yards back before throwing out of bounds, then next play he scrambled and idk if it would have been a tackle or not on 3rd... I'm not going to say anything predictive about him based on legit like 3 drives in a spring game lol. I expect him to fully be in the competition next year for the starting job. Maybe an elite talent like Ward enters in 2025 and we go for them, but I think most likely scenario is its an in-house competition. And at the end of the day regardless whether you liked what you saw from him or not in this spring game, pretty much everyone has unanimously said Poff was the clear #2 throughout spring as a whole. So this year he's #2. I think he needs to work on his tendency to drift backwards EVEN when he has a clean pocket.

Judd: Obvious RS and a guy I wouldn't expect to even be in the consideration for 3 years type of player - if he develops. I'm fine just having him as a backup and can run scout team until that time comes or he leaves. It is what it is with him. I'm fine having developmental Qbs on the roster. Low probability, but don't think it's a bad move taking a guy like him. Like I've said I'm all about taking the developmental Qb when you go all out for a stud in the portal. Which is what we did. No complaints. He's also a guy true frosh that enrolled early. His INT was a deep out from opposite hash. So yeah that wasn't good.

Emory: Was solid to good today. Nothing spectacular or anything, but nothing incredibly bad either. I really don't get anyone who came out of today claiming Emory was bad lol. Like if you watched and said this guy isn't spectacular and that's why you don't think he'll ever be the guy here, okay. But to say he was bad just leads me to think you didn't really watch. Worst play was getting stripped probably - gotta have better security/strength as he moves up the pocket so an hand swipe knocks it out. That was easily avoidable and he would have hit the check down for at least like 6+ yards if he didn't get stripped there. Next play no one open (and didn't see anyone open either) so he hits check down which was good. 3rd down and 11 he has an open crossing route but it looks like Wr (redding?) slows down for some reason and the pass is like a foot too far in front... like is that on Emory? I think so because his footwork on the pass was dog**** (like a jump pass). But his next drive was objectively good - he led a 2min TD drive and had solid passes. Just took what was there.

Jacurri: Was also solid to good today I'd say. But unfortunately the same problems we've all seen from him the last 2 seasons still show. He just straight misses waay too many easy throws. I think this performance in the spring game is basically who he is. He can make some big throws. He's got a great build, and has a pretty good arm that he can just flick it deep. And when he has a good base he can throw with velocity. He's not afraid to pull the trigger either. But dude literally has a higher comp% when throwing >8 yards than <5 yards, which is just crazy. I think this spring game showed exactly why people like him though. He can make big plays, And we actually saw him take off for a long run which is the first time he's ever shown that on film imo. Jacurris deep ball was to Kirk going against a walk on Cb, but it was good acurracy. This was the best throw of the day out of him Emory/Poff. But then his next play there was a miscommunication and he threw it deep to no one, and the following play he ****ed up the handoff and we turned it over. So like will people say he outplayed Emory? Yes but imo thats entirely because he had the deep pass to Kirk and a long run, and basically nothing else.

in Summation: I think I'd put it like this TODAY if I had to choose which Qb to start only this entire season between Jacurri and Emory, I'd lean more towards choosing Jacurri. This is because I think he will have these garbage passes, but ultimately has the higher ceiling and I'd hope by the end of the season he'd be hitting his stride. However, If I had to choose between Emory and Jacurri for 1 game only (like when Emory had to play against Clemson), I'd almost certainly lean towards playing Emory. It's a pretty typical high floor vs high ceiling call in those two situations for me.
Judd's garbage, He'll never play here. Shouldn't have slow played CJ.

Advertisement
You ever been to a barber shop and there's a dude sitting there that's half asleep and looks like he's been there for like 10+ hrs probably because he has nowhere else to go?

This dude wakes up every once in a while to start arguing his mongoloid level and beyond strident football, basketball, boxing (mma) opinions and then falls back asleep.

This dude is only allowed to even stay in the shop because he's kindaaaa boys with one of the barbers and once was a weed connect.

That's the human embodiment of Caneville.

You just described most of the posters in this thread.

I listen to several podcasters and media regarding U. of Miami football and UM sports in general. What I posted previously is what I've listened to from several people who attend the practices. I realize everyone are amateurs and most of the credentialed media are writers not football analysts.

So, here's a few snippets from podcasts in the last 48 hours. They are discussing the backup QB situation. They refer to the last 2 scrimmages by all accounts they attended. Basically, they are saying what I have listened to from other podcasters over the past several weeks. I didn't want to waste time going back digging the other podcasts. These are fresh.

For context, X and FLo attend the scrimmages and practices. Flo did play QB in college. He watches film and is able to break down what he sees. They both have a close ear to the team because of their grassroots with local players. They have said, the players see what they are seeing as well.

In this first one, you have X from Caneville, with Steve Kim, and there's some guy that sounds like his name is Dave that attended the scrimmages. There's a question and comment from a fan which should not be confused with X, Dave, and, Steve Kim's comments. Steve comments about 9-10 minutes into discussion where I clipped it.

I believe all of these guys are just Miami Hurricanes fans at heart and are giving their honest assessments.

Summarizing Podcast #1 Caneville:
X - Thinks the QB situation is close with Reese, Emory, and Jaccuri. Says, whoever plays better in the Spring game should be QB 2.

Dave - Says he likes Jaccuri, but Reese is good and has outplayed him.

Steve Kim - Says he doesn't think Jaccuri is a fit for the offense and should transfer to a school where his skillset can shine.

X and Dave - Both say Emory hasn't played well and is the clear #4. X kind of contradicts his comment of it being a fairly even competition.

Summarizing Podcast #2 Miami Flo:
Flo - Says Reese is the clear backup. Says Emory and Reese taking all the #2 snaps is sending a message to Jaccuri he's being pushed out as FLo says Emory has not played well most of the Spring and Jaccuri is not behind Emory from what he has seen. He thinks there are "shenanigans' going on. He said, "Anybody that knows football can't say Emory's had a better Spring than Jacurri."

These takes are what I have heard over the past few weeks from others. This points back to my original comments of opposing assessments of the QB room from several media who have attended practices and scrimmages.

I have watched three spring practices from start to finish, including one last week in the lead to the spring game. 90% of what i focus on is QB’s and I will categorically say that those observations are inaccurate.

I have watched three spring practices from start to finish, including one last week in the lead to the spring game. 90% of what i focus on is QB’s and I will categorically say that those observations are inaccurate.
You also have planted your support for how great Emory is. Safe to say you are biased and your opinion isn't the only one that matters.

You also have planted your support for how great Emory is. Safe to say you are biased and your opinion isn't the only one that matters.

I have not planted my flag on anything other than to say it is ridiculous to give up on him as a player. The same with multiple guys who haven’t hit their ceiling. He hasn’t hit his, in my observation. Until he does, then you continue to coach him up.

Having said that, I have no idea or bias towards if he will be QBI, much less a good QBI. You’re so desperate to actualize failure, you can’t see past that. But not surprising given the type.

Advertisement
Eyeroll , the issue with that hack wasn’t the question, it was the context of it, he was trying to imply brown was being passed over because he was black
Lol no he was not. He was just implying that Brown was getting passed over. Seems to look like it. I been told y’all soon as he did that **** interview he was done here. He should not have aired out the teams business like he did.

Advertisement

To;Dr

Comes down to trust. Staff trusts Emory over JB, and I don’t blame them. Trust me, rather roll with JB and the high ceiling. On the flip side, WHEN this roster continues to stack talent and we are great to elite across the board then a guy like Emory will look 10x better than what is being shown today.

Advertisement
Back